This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
What could be better than pumpkin pie? This Mini Pumpkin Pies Recipe! These adorable little pies are the perfect size for parties and also taste amazing.
Mini Pumpkin Pies Recipe
This simple pumpkin pies recipe is one of our favorites. It’s always a big hit when I serve it!
The recipe could not be any simpler and it comes together so fast. It’s inexpensive to make and the presentation is just gorgeous.
Baking Tips for Mini Pumpkin Pies:
- I make my own pumpkin pie spice and it’s very simple to do. If you plan to make a lot of pumpkin recipes, you might want to make a batch.
- Another tip is to use cookie scoops to make this recipe even easier! If you don’t have a set, they are worth the investment. I use mine for so many recipes.
- Use ingredients that are room temperature to make the pie. This will result in the perfect texture and the pie will be smooth and creamy. It really does make a big difference so take the extra time to do this.
Equipment needed for this recipe:
This is what you’ll need to make these adorable mini pumpkin pies.
- Muffin Tin
- Measuring Cups and Measuring Spoons
- 3 1/2″ Cookie Cutter
- Cookie Scoop – optional but definitely helpful for this recipe.
- Wire Racks – optional as well.
How to Make Mini Pumpkin Pie Bites:
- Pre-made Pie Crust
- White Sugar
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Half and Half
- For the pie crust, you can use a homemade pie crust instead of the pre-made ones if you prefer. Just follow your favorite pie crust recipe and then cut out the circles.
- You can use brown sugar instead of white sugar. The texture of the pies will be different (more corse) but they’ll taste great.
- Evaporated milk or heavy whipping cream can be used instead of the half and half in this recipe.
How to make mini pumpkin pies:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Use a 3-1/2″ circle cookie cutter to cut 6 circles out of each pie dough. Re-roll crust if necessary on a floured surface.
3. Place crust into prepared muffin tin, gently pressing down into each cavity.
4. In a medium bowl, add pumpkin, sugar, spice and vanilla and mix well. Stir in eggs and half and half until well combined.
5. Use a 3 Tablespoon portion scoop to scoop filling into each pie shell. Gently tap pan to even out pumpkin mix.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until center is set and crust is golden brown. Cool completely after the bake time and remove from pan by sliding a sharp knife between the crust and pan.
Serve with whipped topping or ice cream and enjoy.
How to know when these pie are done:
Use the knife test is the best way to know when these pies are done baking. Insert a clean knife into the center of one of the mini pies.
If the knife comes out perfectly clean, the pie is done. I usually pick of the pies in the center of the pans to ensure that all the pies will be done.
Can this recipe be doubled?
This recipe makes 12 mini pumpkin pies but you can easily double this recipe to make 24 instead.
I find that people usually eat 2-3 per person when serving these mini pies.
How to Serve:
I serve these at room temperature topped with Homemade Whipped Cream or vanilla ice cream.
You can also sprinkle the top with a cinnamon and sugar mixture for an added sweetness to these pies.
How to Make Pumpkin Puree.
I have been seeing a lot of tutorials for how to make pumpkin puree on Pinterest, so I wanted to give it a try myself. I mean, with all of my pumpkin baking, how cool would it be to just reach in my freezer and grab some pumpkin puree?
I made my own pumpkin puree for the first time and I have to tell you, it was SO easy!! There aren’t a lot of tools or fancy equipment you need.
The only thing I would suggest is a food processor. I have a food processor similar to this one, and I love it! I have used it for years and it is still going strong. My food processor holds about 10 cups, so it is a great size for this recipe.
How to Store:
Once these pies have cooled to room temperature, then refrigerate the pies until you are ready to serve.
I love these pies chilled so I serve them right from the refrigerator. If you prefer your pumpkin pie warmer, let the pie sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Can you freeze?
Yes, these mini pies freeze great. After they have cooled completely, place them on a baking sheet. Then place the sheet in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
Then move the pies to a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3-4 months.
Defrost overnight in the refrigerator or at room temperature and then they’re ready to enjoy!
Can these pies be made head of time?
Yes, I usually make these the night before serving and store them in the refrigerator covered until ready to serve. They can easily be made 1-2 days before serving.
Can you transport these pies?
My favorite part about these mini pumpkin pies is that they are so easy to transport. Store them in a covered container and they transport easily.
Do not top the pies with your favorite toppings until you are ready to serve.
Print your mini pumpkin pies recipe below:
Easy Mini Pumpkin Pies Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Use a 3-1/2″ circle cookie cutter to cut 6 circles out of each pie crust. Re-roll crust if necessary.
- Place crust into prepared pan, gently pressing down into each cavity.
- In a mixing bowl, add pumpkin, sugar, spice and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in eggs and half and half until well combined.
- Use a 3 Tablespoon portion scoop to scoop filling into each pie shell. Gently tap pan to even out pumpkin mix.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until center is set and crust is golden brown. Cool and remove from pan by sliding a sharp knife between the crust and pan.
- Serve with whipped topping.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try this Mini Pumpkin Pies Recipe!
Let us know what you think. It’s so simple to make and the kids can help!
I love that they are small and the perfect size for enjoying more than one dessert. It seems there are always so many great desserts to try at Thanksgiving and this mini size makes me feel less guilty about trying more than one.
Try these other easy pumpkin recipes:
- Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe
- 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- The Best Ever Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Roll Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Cake
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake