This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
What could be better than pumpkin pie? This Mini Pumpkin Pies Recipe! These adorable little pies are the perfect size for parties and also taste amazing.
This simple pumpkin pies recipe is one of our favorites. It’s always a big hit when I serve it. The recipe could not be any simpler and it comes together so fast.
It’s inexpensive to make and the presentation is just gorgeous. We love making mini desserts as they are the perfect size to serve for the holidays. These are some of our favorites – Mini Cinnamon Rolls, Mini Oreo Cheesecake, or Banana Bread Mini Muffins Recipe.
Table of Contents
How to Make Pumpkin Puree:
Pumpkin puree can be used in many different recipes during Thanksgiving. We usually use store bought canned pumpkin puree, but you can easily make your own.
- Pre-made Pie Crust
- Canned Pumpkin Puree
- White Sugar
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Half and Half
- Pie Crust – For the pie crust, you can use a homemade pie crust instead of the store-bought ones if you prefer. Just follow your favorite pie crust recipe and then cut out the circles.
- Sugar – You can use light brown sugar instead of white sugar. The texture of the pies will be different (more course) but they’ll taste great.
- Evaporated Milk – Evaporated milk or heavy cream can be used instead of the half and half in this recipe.
- Seasoning – Feel free to add in warm spices to the pumpkin pie filling. Ginger, sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg adds amazing flavor.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then grease a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside. You can also make this in mini muffin tins.
Step 2 – Use a 3-1/2″ round cookie cutter to cut 6 circles out of each pie dough. Re-roll crust if necessary on a floured surface.
Step 3 – Press the dough into prepared muffin tin, gently pressing down into each cavity.
Step 4 – In a medium bowl, add pumpkin, sugar, spice and vanilla and mix well.
Step 5 – Whisk in eggs and half and half until well combined.
Step 6 – Use a 3 Tablespoon portion scoop to scoop filling into each pie shell. Gently tap pan to even out pumpkin mix.
Step 7 – Bake for 20-25 minutes or until center is set and crust is golden brown. Bake and Cool completely after the bake time. Then remove from pan by sliding a sharp knife between the crust and pan. Serve and enjoy!
Baking Tips for Mini Pumpkin Pies:
- Pumpkin Spice – I make my own pumpkin pie spice and it’s very simple to do. If you plan to make a lot of pumpkin recipes, you might want to make a batch.
- Cookie Scoop – Another tip is to use cookie scoops to make this recipe even easier. If you don’t have a set, they are worth the investment. I use mine for so many recipes.
- Room Temperature Ingredients – Use ingredients that are room temperature to make the pie. This will result in the perfect texture and the pie will be smooth and creamy. It really does make a big difference so take the extra time to do this.
How to know when Done:
Use the knife test is the best way to know when these pies are done baking. Insert a clean knife into the center of one of the mini pies.
If the knife comes out perfectly clean, the pie is done. I usually pick of the pies in the center of the pans to ensure that all the pies will be done.
Can this Recipe be Doubled?
This recipe makes 12 mini pumpkin pies but you can easily double this recipe to make 24 instead.
I find that people usually eat 2-3 per person when serving these mini pies.
How to Serve:
You can also sprinkle the top with a cinnamon and sugar mixture for an added sweetness to these pies.
How to Store:
Once these pies have cooled to room temperature, then refrigerate the pies until you are ready to serve. Store in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap on a platter.
I love these pies chilled so I serve them right from the refrigerator. If you prefer your pumpkin pie warmer, let the pie sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, I usually make these the night before serving and store them in the refrigerator covered until ready to serve. They can easily be made 1-2 days before serving.
My favorite part about these mini pumpkin pies is that they are so easy to transport. Store them in a covered container and they transport easily. Do not top the pies with your favorite toppings until you are ready to serve.
Yes, these mini pies freeze great. After they have cooled completely, place them on a baking sheet. Then place the sheet in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
Then move the pies to a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3-4 months. Defrost overnight in the refrigerator or at room temperature and then they’re ready to enjoy.
More Easy Pumpkin Recipes:
- Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe
- 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- The Best Ever Pumpkin Cookies
We love hearing from you. If you make these Easy Mini Pumpkin Pie Recipe, please leave us a comment.
Easy Mini Pumpkin Pies Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Use a 3-1/2" circle cookie cutter to cut 6 circles out of each pie crust. Re-roll crust if necessary.
- Place crust into prepared pan, gently pressing down into each cavity.
- In a mixing bowl, add pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract. Mix well. Stir in eggs and half and half until well combined.
- Use a 3 Tablespoon portion cookie scoop to scoop filling into each pie shell. Gently tap pan to even out pumpkin mix on the countertop.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until center is set and crust is golden brown. Cool and remove from pan by sliding a sharp knife between the crust and pan.
- Serve with whipped topping and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe