My family loves banana bread… there is no doubt about it, but we love Banana Bread mini muffins just as much. They are easier to eat (especially the little ones), they cook in minutes instead of an hour, and they freeze great! I keep a batch (or two) in the freezer. Then for breakfast I just pop a few in the microwave and we have delicious and warm muffins to serve with our eggs. YUM!
If you don’t have a mini-muffin pan, I highly suggest you get one. Mini muffins just simply taste great. They are faster to cook and easier to eat. I love my Wilton mini muffin pan, but for just a few dollars more you can get a silicone pan. These are great because the mini muffins just pop out so much easier.
Try this delicious Banana bread mini muffins recipe!
- 3 to 4 bananas (ripe - if you have them in the freezer, just allow to thaw)
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1½ cups of flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray mini muffin pan.
- Peel the bananas. (these can be from the freezer, just thaw first) Mash the bananas.
- Stir in melted butter, egg, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Stir well.
- Add flour and stir well.
- Pour into the mini muffin pans. It makes 24.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes until they start to brown and set.
- Let cool on a rack before removing them.
- Add a handful of chopped nuts or chocolate chips when you add in the flour. Those are some easy and YUMMY additions
These freeze great!
The great thing about these mini muffins is how easy they are to freeze! Just place them on a cookie sheet and flash freeze them. Then place in a labeled freezer bag. To reheat, just heat in the microwave for a few seconds and you have tasty mini muffins without all the work!
Try the Best Pumpkin Bread Recipe. It is so easy to make but hard to stop eating!
Try some of these other Delicious breakfast ideas:
- Easy Breakfast Recipes for Back to School
- Faux Cinnamon Rolls – Easy Cinnamon Biscuits
- BEST Homemade Pancake and Waffle Mix
- How to Make Yogurt in the Crockpot
- Homemade Pancake Syrup