Take banana bread to the next level with this delicious Cream cheese banana bread recipe. Moist banana bread with swirls of cream cheese make this amazing.
Cream cheese banana bread
Banana bread is such a classic treat. We all love it and this new recipe with cream cheese is absolutely divine. I love anything with cream cheese and this is no exception. It is the best banana bread!
Try it for breakfast, brunch, dessert or a snack. My favorite way to enjoy this is with coffee. Yum!
Go ahead and make a double recipe because I promise this will not last long. Everyone will love it!
It is the best sweet bread and a great way to use bananas that are too ripe. They will make this banana bread even more moist and delicious!
- bananas – Make sure they are ripe. If they are in the freezer, just give them time to thaw.
- melted butter
- baking soda
For the filling:
- cream cheese -room temperature
How to make cream cheese banana bread:
First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. While the oven is preheating, spray a 5×9 loaf pan with cooking spray.
Next, peel the bananas and mash them. If you are using frozen bananas, thaw them first and then mash them.
Now, stir in the melted butter, egg, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Combine this well.
Once everything is mixed together well, add the flour.
Make the Filling:
Get a separate bowl out for the ingredients for the filling. Beat together the ingredients for the cream cheese filling.
Once the filling has been made, put half of the batter for the banana bread into the baking pan. Next, top the mixture with half of the cream cheese mixture. I like to use a spoon and just top with dollops.
Next, top with the remaining banana bread batter and then more dollops of the cream cheese mixture.
Finally, use a butter knife and swirl the bread so the cream cheese mixture and bread mixture gets swirled to make a design.
Bake until golden brown. This normally takes about 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- You need a good loaf pan. I like this pan and suggest having 2. It is nice to be able to make two loaves at a time.
- Make mini banana bread loaves- I like to make smaller loaves to hand out as gifts or during the holidays. This mini loaf pan from Wilton makes 4 small loaves. The mini loaves are so cute and everyone always loves when I make them.
- Freeze bananas that are getting too ripe. They are perfect for banana bread and having them in the freezer is very convenient. So don’t throw them out and save them for banana bread! Just let them thaw out before mashing and using in the bread.
- You can also freeze the banana bread to enjoy later. There are a couple ways of doing this. You can freeze the entire loaf or you can freeze it in slices. If you freeze slices, it is so convenient for after school snacks or just when you want a slice and not the entire loaf. Either way, wrap the loaf and then freeze in a freezer bag.
- Chocolate chips- for a change, sometimes I will toss in a handful of chocolate chips in the banana bread mixture. This is super yummy and a great way to change things up. Chocolate fans will love this!
The Best Banana Bread with Cream Cheese!
I have always loved putting cream cheese on top of my slice of banana bread. So, I was super excited about this recipe with a delicious cream cheese mixture blended into the bread. So good!
Once you make this recipe, you will see how decadent it is. I could literally eat it anytime of day. It is the best!
From breakfast to dessert and the best snack, you will not be disappointed! Try it today.
Print this cream cheese banana bread recipe below:
Cream cheese banana bread
- 3 to 4 bananas ripe – if you have them in the freezer just allow to thaw
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- For the filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 5×9 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Peel the bananas. (these can be from the freezer, just thaw first) Mash the bananas.
- Stir in melted butter, egg, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Stir well.
- Add flour and stir well.
- In another bowl – In another bowl, beat together all the ingredients for the cream cheese filling.
- Pour half the banana bread batter into baking pan. Top half the creawm cheese mixture with dolops.
- Then top with the remaining batter and then dollops of cream cheese mixture.
- Then take a butter knife and swirl the bread.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe