This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Enjoy Chocolate chip mini muffins recipe for breakfast or a delicious snack. Lots of ooey gooey chocolate make this a tasty treat for breakfast. The recipe is super easy and freezer friendly.
Chocolate chip mini muffins recipe
Muffins are always so fun to make and really delicious. This Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins recipe does not disappoint. We love chocolate chip recipes like Chocolate Chip Pancakes, and Chocolate Chip Waffles.
Plus, the mini size makes it perfect for little hands. This is a must try.
What pan do you need for mini chocolate chip muffins?
If you don’t have a mini-muffin pan, I highly suggest you get one. Mini muffins just simply taste great. They are faster to cook and easier to eat.
Let’s get started!
Chocolate chip mini muffins ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil (can use butter softened)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
How to make chocolate chip mini muffins recipe:
First, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray the inside of a mini-muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
In a separate small bowl, mix oil, egg, vanilla extract, and milk.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Using a spatula, very gently fold the ingredients together.
Do not over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into muffin tins. Fill each muffin cup about ¾ full (slightly less).
Bake for 10-12 minutes until they begin to brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Let cool in muffin tin for a couple of minutes and then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
When cooled to room temperature store in a covered container to prevent them from drying out. Then enjoy these bite sized treats anytime you want.
Make extra for the freezer!
The great thing about these mini muffins is how easy they are to freeze! Just place them on a cookie sheet and flash freeze them. Then place in a labeled freezer bag.
To reheat, just heat in the microwave for a few seconds and you have tasty mini muffins without all the work!
Tips for mini muffins recipe:
Also, instead of just spooning enough batter into each muffin cup, I love to use a baking scoop.
This is so quick and easy and delivers the perfect amount of batter every time. Once you use a scoop for spoon in your muffin batter you will never got back to the boring spoons. ? They come in a set and the smallest size work great for mini muffins.
We used a mini muffin pan but you can also make regular size muffins if you prefer. You will want to extend the cooking time since the muffins will be larger.
Whether you make mini muffins or regular size muffins, they will be a hit for sure!
- Use peanut butter chips instead of chocolate chips.
- Stir in ½ cup chopped nuts with the chocolate chips.
- Substitute half the chocolate chips with peanut butter chips for a chocolate peanut butter muffin.
Try this delicious mini muffins recipe today.
This easy recipe is perfect for breakfast, snacks and more. We love to make extra to freeze. It does not take any more work to double the recipe and freeze some.
Mini Chocolate Chip muffins are so decadent but really simple to make. The entire family will love them for breakfast, dessert, or an easy snack.
How long will homemade muffins last?
If properly stored in a sealed container, freshly baked muffins will last for about 2 days at normal room temperature.
Homemade muffins will keep well for about 1 week in the fridge. We like to keep them stored in an air tight container or a storage bag in the fridge so we can snack on them all week.
How to Freeze mini muffins
Freezing mini muffins is very easy. Once they are completely cooled place them in a gallon size freezer bag. Place them in the freezer. They will stay fresh for up to 3 months.
Simply place one mini muffin on the counter to thaw or thaw in the microwave, heating it up in 30 second intervals. Freezing allows you to enjoy warm homemade muffins any day of the week without all the work.
Print this easy mini muffins recipe below:
Chocolate chip mini muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray the inside of a mini-muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder.
- In a separate small bowl, mix oil, egg, vanilla extract, and milk. W Etogether.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Using a spatula, very gently fold the ingredients together. Do not over mix
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins. Fill each muffin cup about ¾ full (slightly less).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool in muffin tin for a couple of minutes and then move to a rack to cool completely.
- When cooled store in a covered container to prevent them from drying out.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Everyone will love these delicious cranberry muffins and they are super easy to make.
Ty these other easy muffin recipes:
- Easy Baked French Toast Muffins Recipe
- Mini Donut Muffins
- Homemade Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- Quick and Easy Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Double Chocolate muffins
- Easy Cranberry Muffins Recipe
- Pancake Muffins Recipe