This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes is the perfect homemade fluffy pancake recipe. This pancake recipe is full of chocolate chips and flavor.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe:
We love light and fluffy homemade pancakes. These made from scratch pancakes are made easily with simple ingredients. Take you classic pancake recipe to the next level by adding in chocolate chips.
Adding chocolate chips to our breakfast foods is one of my favorite ways to add flavor to our breakfast recipes. Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins and Chocolate Chip Waffles are one of my favorite recipes and is a prefect snack or breakfast idea.
These pancakes are effortless and a family favorite. These pancakes are great for breakfast but are also a great idea for dinner. We like to call that brinner. Add your favorite toppings and a side of bacon for a complete meal idea.
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Egg (beaten)
- Butter (melted and cooled)
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Chips
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pancakes:
- Step 1 – Mix wet and dry Ingredients – In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar until combined. Then stir in the milk, egg, butter and vanilla. Mix wet ingredients until just combined. The batter will be lumpy.
- Step 2 – Mix in Chocolate Chips – Fold in the chocolate chips. Then let the batter rest for approximately 5 minutes.
- Step 3 – Heat Skillet – Heat a skillet over medium high heat and spray the pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 4 – Pour batter on skillet – Pour the batter into the pan in approximately ¼ cup measurements. Gently spread the batter out some.
- Step 5 – Cook Pancakes – Cook for 3-4 minutes until you see bubbles start to form and burst on top of the batter. Flip and cook the opposite side until golden brown. Remove the pancake from the skillet to a plate. Continue this process until all the batter is used.
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve topped with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Toppings are my favorite part of these pancakes. We love making a pancake bar when we make these pancakes for my kids friends. What are your favorite toppings?
- Fruit – We love serving these pancakes with fresh fruit. Strawberries, blueberries and bananas are my favorites.
- Maple Syrup – We love the classic taste of a maple syrup. You have not purchased real maple syrup, I recommend serving it with these pancakes.
- Butter – These pancakes are perfect served with melted butter.
- Whipped Topping – Top these pancakes with whipped topping for a delicious addition to these chocolate pancakes.
- Powdered Sugar – Sprinkle the top with powdered with a side of fruit.
- Peanut Butter – My son loves peanut butter as a topping. It doesn’t matter if I make pancakes or waffles, peanut butter is his topping of choice.
What to Serve with Chocolate Chip Pancakes:
- Bacon – Cooking bacon in the oven is so much easier than frying the bacon on the stove top. It is the perfect combination with these sweet pancakes.
- Sausage – Cook some sausage as a side with these chocolate chip pancakes. The sweet and salty combination when serving sausage makes for the perfect breakfast.
- Side of Fruit – We love to serve these pancakes with a side of fresh fruit. Loaded with berries and bananas for a delicious side dish.
Tips for Making Chocolate Chip Pancakes:
- Prepare Pan – Make sure to preheat skillet or griddle and spray with cooking spray to prevent pancake from sticking.
- Hot Skillet – Prior to adding the batter on the skillet, make sure it is hot.
- Pouring Batter – When pouring the batter on the skillet it may not make a perfect circle. I usually let the batter spread naturally on the pan. It makes for the perfectly fluffy pancake. We recommend pouring about ¼ cup of batter at a time.
- Flipping Pancakes – Once bubbles form start appearing on the top of the pancake, then it is ready to flip. It usually takes about 3-4 minutes before it is ready to flip. It will depend on your skillet how long it takes.
- Golden Brown – Your pancake will be golden brown once it is finished cooking and ready to serve.
- Serving – I like to make all the pancake batter before serving. This way we can eat as a family. Place the finished pancakes on a platter until all the batter is made.
- Storing – Make sure your pancakes are at room temperature before storing.
- Wheat Flour – Instead of all purpose flour, make the pancakes with wheat flour instead.
How to Freeze Pancakes:
If you have leftover pancakes, you can freeze them. We have all the tips and tricks on How to Freeze Pancakes and Waffles here.
This busy morning a breeze when you have pancakes already made.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe here for Chocolate Chip Pancakes:
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar until combined. Then stir in the milk, egg, butter and vanilla. Mix until just combined. The batter will be lumpy.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Then let the batter rest for approximately 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and spray the pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the pan in approximately ¼ cup measurements. Gently spread the batter out some.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until you see bubbles start to form and burst on top of the batter. Flip and cook the opposite side until golden brown. Remove the pancake from the skillet to a plate. Continue this process until all the batter is used.
- Serve topped with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Pancake Recipes:
- McDonalds Pancake Recipe
- Cracker Barrel Pancakes Recipe
- Gluten Free Pancake Recipe
- Oreo Pancake Recipe