Chocolate Chip Waffles is a delicious and easy recipe to make for any occasion. Make breakfast extra special and add chocolate chips to your waffle recipe.
Easy Chocolate Chip Waffles Recipe:
Chocolate Chip Waffles are cooked to perfection with this easy recipe. The crispy waffles are delicious and the perfect treat for any occasion. We love waffles but adding in chocolate chips takes them to the next level.
Chocolate Chips are a fun and easy addition to many recipes. We love making Chocolate Chip Muffins for an after school snack or for an easy breakfast. Adding in chocolate chips adds the perfect amount of sweetness to this light and fluffy waffles.
Surprise your kids by adding in chocolate chips to your waffle batter. These waffles are made from scratch with simple ingredients for a family favorite breakfast.
- All Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Butter (cut into pieces)
- Vanilla Extract
- Whole Milk
- Large Eggs
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
How to Make Chocolate Chip Waffles:
- Step 1 – Melt Butter and Milk – Add the butter and milk to a large microwave safe mixing bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, whisking after each interval, just until the butter is melted and combined. Stir in the vanilla extract and set aside.
- Step 2 – Add dry ingredients and eggs – Let the milk mixture cool in the large bowl. Then whisk in the eggs, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until just combined.
- Step 3 – Prepare Waffle Maker – Preheat a waffle iron while the batter is resting. Then stir in the chocolate chips into the batter. Then pour the batter into the hot waffle iron and cook waffles according to your waffle iron’s instructions. Continue this process until all the batter is used.
- Step 4 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve the waffles warmed, topped with your favorite waffle toppings and enjoy.
Best Chocolate Chip Waffles Toppings Ideas:
The options are endless on what you can top your Waffles with. These are delicious as they are served but here are some of our favorite toppings.
- Fresh Fruit – Strawberries, Blueberries, or Bananas
- Maple Syrup
- Powdered Sugar
- Melted Butter
- More Chocolate Chips
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Syrup
- Ice Cream
What to Serve with Chocolate Chip Waffles:
I love to make a big breakfast on the weekends since we are so busy during the week. These Chocolate Chip waffles are the perfect way to make a waffle bar for the family.
- Bacon – Add a side of crispy bacon with these waffles. The combination of the sweet and savory flavor makes for the perfect side.
- Fruit – Make an easy fruit salad the night before to easily serve with these waffles.
- Sausage – Make some slice breakfast sausage for the perfect side with these waffles.
- Waffle Batter – If the batter is too thick, gradually add in more milk until the batter is a thinner consistency.
- Double the Recipe – This recipe should make 4-6 large Waffles. We recommend to double the recipe so you can freeze to eat later in the week.
- Mixing the Waffle Batter – Melt the butter and milk then beat in the eggs with the dry ingredients. There will be some lumps in the batter. Be careful not to over mix. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Egg Whites – We used the whole egg but you can use egg whites if you prefer.
- Waffle Maker – You can use any type of waffle maker to make these waffles.
- Crispy Waffles – To keep the waffles from getting soggy, place the cooked waffles on a cooling rack until ready to serve.
How to Freeze Waffles:
Freezing waffles is a perfect way to save time and money. These pancakes can be stored in freezer safe container and placed in the freezer. They will last about 3 months if stored properly.
You can also flash freeze the waffles but placing the cooked waffles on a baking sheet. Freeze the waffles for about an hour and then place the frozen waffles in a freezer container.
This way you can take out how many you want to serve at a time.
If you want more tips and tricks on How to Freeze Pancakes and Waffles, you can find all the information here.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftover waffles in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to 5 days. I like to make a batch at the beginning of the week as it makes it easy to eat and serve as my kids are getting ready for school.
Chocolate Chip Waffles Recipe:
If you are looking for an easy breakfast idea that gets everyone up in the morning, make these waffles. The waffles are made from scratch with simple ingredients. Adding in the chocolate chips makes these the perfect light and fluffy waffles.
Add your favorite toppings and sides to make a complete breakfast idea. These are also perfect to prepare for the week for an easy breakfast as everyone heads out the door.
Print Recipe here for Chocolate Chip Waffles:
Chocolate Chip Waffles
- Add the butter and milk to a large microwave safe mixing bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, whisking after each interval, just until the butter is melted and combined. Stir in the vanilla extract and set aside.
- Let the milk mixture cool. Then whisk in the eggs, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until just combined. There will be some lumps in the batter. Be careful not to over mix. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a waffle iron while the batter is resting. Then stir in the chocolate chips into the batter and pour the batter into the hot waffle iron and cook according to your waffle iron’s instructions. Continue this process until all the batter is used.
- Serve the waffles warmed, topped with your favorite waffle toppings and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe