Learn how to make the fluffiest Gluten free waffles that will have your kids begging for more! Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside while being gluten free and dairy free.
Gluten Free Waffle
My kids have declared these the best Gluten free waffles. They are so light and fluffy on the inside with just the right amount of crispiness on the outside. It is a winner all around!
My waffles have always had a tendency to be a little heavy when I tried them in the past. Not anymore!
Did I mention my kids are REALLY picky? This says a lot if my kids are asking for seconds.
It is win for sure around here!
We are a big family and with that comes A LOT of activities. I’m always looking to make breakfast easier and streamline the day.
This recipe is super easy and everybody enjoys these waffles. You might also like to try Gluten Free Pancakes.
Ingredients you need:
- Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- Vegetable Oil (Coconut Oil is another good option.)
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder
How to make Gluten free waffle mix
- First, preheat your waffle iron and spray it with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Second, add all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until the ingredients are just combined. You do not want to over mix.
- Next, pour about 2/3-¾ cup of the batter into the waffle iron. Let the waffles cook until they are golden brown.
- Finally, take the waffles out of the waffle maker and keep cooking until you have used all of the batter. It is so easy!
Try some of these variations for these Gluten free waffles:
- Top with berries. We love Strawberries and Blueberries.
- Top with maple syrup. Yum!
- Top with peanut butter.
- Just put a dab of butter and eat on the go.
My favorite way to eat these delicious Gluten Free Waffles is with warm syrup and blueberries. Yum!
How long can you store the mix?
You can store the dry mix up to 3 months. I like to mix up a batch to keep on hand. It helps during busy weeks to be able to just grab the mix and add the wet ingredients when you want to make waffles.
CAN I MAKE GLUTEN-FREE WAFFLES DAIRY-FREE?
Yes, just substitute any dairy free milk. We like almond milk and my kids love when I use vanilla almond milk!
Coconut milk is another good dairy free option.
Your entire family will be impressed with gluten free waffle mix.
It is a recipe that everyone can enjoy. We all love waffles and they are budget friendly too.
I am always on the lookout for something my entire family will eat, doesn’t cost a fortune or take hours to meet. These waffles meet that criteria and will be on the permanent menu plan rotation.
The kids even asked for breakfast for dinner one night. With healthy waffles like these, why not!
You are going to be so excited how delicious they turn out. Plus, the recipe is super easy to make.
You can also try using rice flour and coconut milk to make waffles. If using egg whites just make sure to beat until peaks form.
Can you freeze Gluten free waffles?
Yes! I often make a big batch and put them in the freezer.
This is perfect for busy mornings and all I have to do is pull what I need from the freezer and reheat them. Make sure to cool the waffles completely before freezing them.
You don’t want them to get stuck together so it is very important they are completely cool. I store mine in the large gallon bags in the freezer.
It is so easy to just grab one and go! Breakfast is so easy with just a few minutes of planning and making these ahead of time.
Reheat in the microwave. If you prefer a crispier waffle, you can use the oven or toaster oven.
Print this Gluten free Waffles Recipe:
Gluten Free Waffle Recipe
- 2 cups All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 cup Milk
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Then whisk in the eggs, oil, vanilla and milk. Stir until all the ingredients are just combined and be careful not to over mix.
- Preheat a waffle iron and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour in 2/3-¾ cup of batter evenly into the waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
- Remove the waffle from the hot iron, place on a pan and continue to follow this process until all of the batter is used (ours made approximately 3 large whole waffles).
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More gluten free recipes to try:
- Gluten free pancakes
- Easy Gluten free peanut butter kiss cookies recipe
- Gluten free shortbread cookies recipe
- Easy Gluten Free Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
Grandson has Celiac Disease. Excited to find new gluten free recipes!
These look delicious! I’ll have to try them. It took me a while to find your blog to find the recipe. I follow you on Instagram but your link doesn’t work there (and hasn’t for weeks).
A perfect waffle!
These are waffle perfection! I love that they’re gluten free!
The perfect breakfast – Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside!
These waffles are fantastic!
My gluten free friends will be SO happy!
These have such great texture!
I’ve been on a waffle kick lately so this is perfect!
This looks like a great breakfast option for gluten-free like me.
It will be perfect for the weekend breakfast. Thanks for sharing
How did you get gluten-free waffles so perfect!?
Breakfast perfection! These look AMAZING!
Would love to try this but don’t own a waffle maker. Can you recommend what you use? This will totally make my life easier with the kiddos!
Can I use regular plain dairy yogurt for this?
Yes I think that would still be great. Come back and let us know how it turns out. thanks!