This is the perfect dinner idea for busy weeknights. Everyone loves pizza and this great recipe put all the best ingredients into one easy casserole. You will love this Gluten Free Pepperoni Pizza Casserole Recipe.
Gluten Free Pizza Casserole
This casserole recipe is packed with so much pizza flavor, I doubt you can even tell the that gluten free items were used in this recipe. It’s that good! My kids love anything with the word pizza in it. They all love this recipe and you can find more of our favorite pizza recipes here.
You can use any good gluten free pasta but we like Barilla gluten free pasta. My family and I have tried a ton of different brands and this is definitely our favorite brand.
I love casseroles because they make dinner so easy. Schedules get so busy with school, work and activities. Plus I don’t want to get take out because it’s not good for us and it’s so expensive especially for my large family.
These delicious and easy casserole recipe helps me get dinner done in no time at all for my family and you won’t even believe that it’s gluten free. If you’re following a gluten free diet, you can find more of our gluten free recipe here.
Ingredients you need:
You only need 8 ingredients to make this pizza casserole gluten free recipe.
- Ground Beef – You can also use ground turkey, ground chicken or ground sausage for this recipe.
- Pepperoni – Or use your favorite pizza toppings. Mushrooms, green peppers and onions would also be delicious in this recipe.
- Mozzarella Cheese – I prefer to use freshly shredded as it melts better.
- Crushed Tomatoes – You can also use pizza sauce or your favorite marinara sauce.
- Garlic Salt
- Italian Seasoning
- Your favorite type of Gluten Free Pasta – We love Barilla gluten free pasta
- Parmesan Cheese
Note: You can use dairy free cheese to make this casserole recipe if you’re following a gluten free and diary free diet.
How to make gluten free pizza casserole:
First preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown the ground beef in a large skillet and drain off any excess grease. Then pour in the crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and the garlic salt to make the pasta sauce. Stir to combine and heat for 3-5 minutes on low.
Meanwhile cook the gluten free pasta according to directions but cook to al dente, meaning you want the pasta to be firm and slightly undercooked.
After cooked, drain the pasta and pour half of the pasta in a 9×13 casserole dish sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray.
Then spoon half the meat mixture over the top of the pasta in the baking dish. Layer with half the shredded Mozzarella cheese over the meat mixture. Then top with half the pepperonis.
Follow this same layering process again to use the remaining pasta, meat sauce, cheese and pepperoni. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Then remove the foil and bake another 15 minutes until bubbly and brown. Allow the casserole to set for 5-10 minutes. Then cut, serve and enjoy!
What to serve with pizza casserole:
I usually serve this gluten free casserole recipe with an easy vegetable side dish. Here are some of favorite easy and delicious veggies sides.
- Pan Fried Zucchini Slices
- Easy Parmesan Roasted Zucchini Recipe
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
- Garlic Lime Steamed Asparagus
Also, here are a few of my favorite gluten free bread recipes that go great with this pizza casserole recipe.
Can you freeze this Pizza Casserole Recipe?
Yes, this recipe freezes great. I always make a double batch when I make this recipe – one for dinner and one to freeze for a future dinner.
To make a casserole freezer meal, I assembly the casserole in a foil disposable 9X13 pan, cover and freeze. Then when I’m ready to make it, I thaw it out overnight in the refrigerator and then bake according to the recipe instructions.
It’s really that easy to make this freezer casserole recipe and isn’t much more work.
Print your Gluten Free Pepperoni Pizza Casserole Recipe below:
Gluten Free Pepperoni Pizza Casserole Recipe
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 6 oz Pepperoni sliced
- 3 cups Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 16 oz Gluten Free penne pasta
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown the ground beef and drain off any excess grease.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and the garlic salt. Stir to combine.
- Meanwhile boil the gluten free pasta according to directions and cook to al dente.
- Drain pasta and pour half of the pasta in a 9×13 baking dish sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon half the meat mixture over the pasta.
- Top with half the shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Lay half the pepperonis on top.
- Then later the remaining pasta, meat sauce, cheese and pepperoni.
- Sprinkle the shredded parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes uncovered until bubbly and brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these gluten free recipes:
- Gluten Free Crock Pot Mexican Shredded Beef Taco Recipe
- Gluten Free Shortbread Cookie Recipe
- Easy Skillet bbq pork chops
- Gluten Free Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Recipe
- The Best Hobo Dinner Foil Packet Meal
- Foil Pack Santa Fe Chicken Dinner
- Easy Taco Casserole