Try Gluten free shortbread cookies for an easy treat without the gluten. These cookies are so delicious and guaranteed to be a hit with the entire family.
Gluten free shortbread cookies
As many of you know, I recently found out that I can’t eat gluten at all anymore and made this Gluten free shortbread cookies recipe.
This is the very first attempt I have done at making gluten free cookies and we love them. They fall apart easily but that is ok because they are a shortbread cookie.
However, no one complained…. not even my gluten lovin’ boys. Everyone deemed this recipe a success!
That is a pretty big deal in my family!
Give this recipe a try and taste how delicious they are. No one will miss the gluten at all!
These cookies are pretty amazing.
Ingredients you need:
- Almond Flour (I personally love Bob’s Red Mill)
- Butter- softened
- sugar (or you can use Erythritol or other granular sweetener)
- Vanilla Extract
How to make gluten free shortbread cookies
First, go ahead and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
While the oven is warming up, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Tip: Parchment paper or a baking mat is really important when you are making gluten free cookies. I learned this quickly because of the mess they can make.
Second, beat together the butter and sugar. You want it to be fluffy and light in color.
Then add the vanilla extract and almond flour.
Don’t worry if the dough is thick and a little crumbly. This is normal.
However, it should stick when pressed together.
Now, take the dough and scoop tablespoonfuls of it. Place on the prepared cookie sheet.
Finally, flatten each cookie a little with the bottom of a glass cup. Keep in mind that the cookies will not spread or thin out during baking so make them as thin as you want them when done.
Just bake for about 10 to 12 minutes. The edges should be golden and beginning to brown.
Let the cookies cool completely in the pan before you try to move them. This is super important.
Resist the urge to skip this step. The cookies will harden as they cool so it is best to give them the proper amount of time.
Tips for Easy gluten free cookies:
- Melt chocolate chips and drizzle over the cookies for something different. You can also dip the cookies in melted chocolate about half way for another fun idea.
- Don’t overmix the dough. It will make the dough crumble.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the cookies. This will help to make sure all of the cookies are uniform and it makes the process faster.
- Baking sheet- It is important to have a good baking sheet. If your cookie sheets are dark brown on the bottom, it is probably time to think about replacing them.
- .Cooling Wrack- You definitely need one of these for baking cookies. It will get plenty of use.
The best gluten free cookies!
This easy gluten free cookies recipe is the best and so delicious. . It is crumbly but our family loves this sugary Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies Recipe. You have to give it a try.
I was really impressed that everyone enjoyed it. It is a great recipe that everyone can make and enjoy.
If you are looking for a delicious gluten free option, make these today. This cookie recipe is a treat that everyone will love.
Print this gluten free shortbread cookies recipe:
Looking for an delicious gluten free cookies recipe? You are going to love this Easy Gluten free shortbread cookies recipe.
- 2 1/2 cups Almond Flour (I personally love Bob’s Red Mill)
- 6 tablespoons Butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar (or you can use Erythritol or other granular sweetener)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Parchment paper or a baking mat is really important when you are making gluten free cookies. I learned this quickly.
Beat together the butter and sugar until it’s fluffy and light in color.
Beat in the vanilla extract. Add in the almond flour. The dough will be thick and a little crumbly, but should stick when pressed together.
Scoop tablespoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet.
Flatten each cookie a little with the bottom of a glass cup. They will not spread or thin out during baking so make them as thin as you want them when done.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are golden and beginning to brown.
Allow to cool completely in the pan before handling. Cookies cookies will harden as they cool.
You need to give this gluten free cookie recipe a try!