Gluten free pumpkin cookies are soft and fluffy while being so easy to make. No one will notice they are gluten free because they taste amazing.
Gluten free pumpkin cookies
My family is continuing on the journey of a gluten free diet. We tried Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies earlier and now it’s time for Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies Recipe!
We love them and I hope you enjoy them just as much! The pumpkin is so delicious and I know pumpkin fans will appreciate this recipe!
While some people love to enjoy pumpkin recipes in the Fall, I love them all year long! They are really quick and easy to make.
You truly do not miss the gluten in these delicious cookies. Even my gluten loving family didn’t notice! Everyone said the cookies were amazing.
- gluten free baking flour
- baking soda
- baking powder
- pumpkin pie spice
- butter – softened
- granulated sugar (or you can use Erythritol or other granular sweetener)
- confectioner’s sugar
How to make gluten free pumpkin cookies
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your cookie sheet by spraying with cooking spray.
Second, mix together all of the dry ingredients: gluten free flour through salt.
Next, cream the sugar and butter together. Once this is mixed together really good, slowly stir in the pumpkin.
After the pumpkin has been added, add the egg and vanilla. Mix this together really good.
Now, it is time to slowly add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Combine until a thick batter forms.
You want the batter to be thick. If it is too thin, just place in the fridge to harden before baking.
Finally, put the confectioner’s sugar in a bowl. Start scooping cookies about a tablespoon in size and then drop in the sugar. Roll it around to coat it really good.
Put each of the cookies on the prepared cookie sheet. Once you have all of the cookies on the baking sheet, use a glass cup and gently press down on the cookie to make them a little flatter.
They do not take long to bake. Normally only about 6 to 8 minutes. Be careful to not over bake.
Let the cookies cool on wire rack.
How to store pumpkin cookies:
Store the cookies inside an airtight container. I also like to put wax paper in between each layer of cookies so they don’t stick to each other.
- Learn how to make pumpkin pie spice at home when you don’t have any on hand. It only takes a few minutes to make and it’s so easy. We bake a lot of pumpkin recipes and it is so much cheaper to make this.
- Save time and use these stainless steel scoops to make the cookies. You will use these all the time. They make it so much easier to make a bunch of cookies at once. Plus, they are all uniform which makes it easy to cook them all evenly.
- Love chocolate? Add a handful of chocolate chips to the batter. Yum! We love gluten free pumpkin chocolate cookies.
Try Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies!
Give them a try and come back and let us know what you think! They are incredibly simple to make and each bite is light and fluffy.
The cookies are so moist and delicious. The coating of powdered sugar makes the cookie so pretty and it’s yummy too!
I can’t wait for you to try them. They are super easy and so very delicious. Pumpkin fans will go crazy over these amazing cookies.
The pumpkin flavor is wonderful and the cookies are an easy treat for any day of the week. Let us know what you think once you make them!
Print this gluten free pumpkin cookies recipe:
Get all the instructions here for gluten free pumpkin cookies recipe. They are so good that no one will notice it doesn’t include gluten. So easy!
- 2 1/2 cups 1 to 1 gluten free baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar (or you can use Erythritol or other granular sweetener)
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
Mix together all dry ingredients: gluten free flour through salt.
Cream sugar and butter together. Slowly stir in pumpkin.
Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until thick batter forms. (if batter is too thin place in the fridge to harden before baking)
Pour confectioner’s sugar in bowl. Scoop or spoon about a tablespoon of batter onto sugar and roll to coat.
Place coated cookies on prepared cookie sheet.
Using a glass cup, press down on the cookie to make them a little flatter.
Bake 6-8 minutes. Do not over bake.
Allow to cool on wire rack.
Don’t wait in trying this delicious gluten free dessert option!
More easy gluten free recipes:
- Gluten Free Crock Pot Mexican Shredded Beef Taco Recipe
- Gluten Free Shortbread Cookie Recipe
- Easy Skillet bbq pork chops
- Our Favorite Gluten Free Snack for Busy Kids
- The Best Hobo Dinner Foil Packet Meal
- Foil Pack Santa Fe Chicken Dinner