Finding the perfect recipe for gluten free biscuits can be difficult. Not anymore! These simple gluten free drop biscuits will be your new go-to recipe! No one will even miss the gluten.
Gluten Free Biscuits Recipe
We have been making more and more gluten free recipes lately. Everyone loved it when I made Gluten Free Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread and the Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies, well, they were a big hit for dessert! Today, we are making this Gluten Free Biscuits Recipe, because everyone loves biscuits!
Let me just tell you, these homemade gluten free biscuits are very tasty! My gluten loving kids didn’t even notice that they were gluten free! That is a definite win!
I have used Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour and also Cup4Cup gluten free flour. Both of these work great but you can certainly use what you have on hand or what your family prefers. If you’re comfortable mixing up your own gluten free baking blend, have at it!
These biscuits can be a little sticky so I use one of these silicone baking mats for easy clean up. If you don’t have one, you can just line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
Drop biscuits are so easy to make and this gluten free drop biscuit recipe is no exception! No rolling out the dough and cutting it with a biscuit cutter over and over again. You simply mix the dough and drop it onto your baking sheet and bake them. They truly make the best biscuits and gravy there is!
Gluten Free Drop Biscuits Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups of gluten free baking flour (I have used Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour and also Cup4Cup gluten free flour and both work great. ) Make sure that your measuring cup is leveled off for an accurate measurement.
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of milk (you can use almond milk or coconut milk if you’re wanting them dairy-free, too)
- 1 stick of butter; softened (1/2 cup) (coconut oil also works well)
How to make Gluten Free Biscuits:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a mixer or large bowl, beat the butter.
- Add in the flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add the egg and milk and blend together with the flour mixture.
- Using a spoon and your hands, form the biscuit dough into inch thick biscuits onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. (I use a silicone baking mat like these)
- Bake the biscuits in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until they’re a beautiful golden brown. You do not want them to be overcooked or wet on the inside. Mine normally takes about 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes. Brush with melted butter if you like buttery biscuits.
These biscuits are so good right out of the oven! We like to add a little more butter and sometimes I like to add a small spoon of raw honey, too! So good!
I’ve noticed other gluten-free biscuit recipes calling to set your oven to 425 degrees or even 375 degrees. I’ve found 450 degrees to be the perfect temperature for the texture I like. Feel free to play with it, but also note that you will probably have to also adjust your baking time.
Gluten Free Biscuit Variations:
- Use almond milk, coconut milk or other dairy free milk in place of regular milk.
- For gluten free buttermilk biscuits, simply add 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice to your measuring cup and top off with milk (or dairy-free alternative). Let this mixture sit for about 5 minutes before mixing into dry ingredients.
- Make Gluten Free Cheddar Bay Biscuits by adding 1/2 cup shredded cheddar to the biscuit batter. Before baking brush the tops with 2 tablespoons melted butter, 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1 tablespoon parsley before baking.
Print your Gluten Free Biscuits Recipe below:
Try this delicious Gluten Free Biscuits Recipe.This is the best Gluten Free biscuit recipe and it's so simple!You will love Gluten Free Drop Biscuits Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free baking flour (I have used Bob Mills gluten free flour and also Cup4Cup gluten free flour and both work great.)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 stick of butter (softened (1/2 cup))
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
In a mixer, beat the butter.
Add in the flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix well.
Add the egg and milk and blend together.
Using a spoon and your hands to form biscuits onto a parchment lined baking sheets. (I use a silicone baking mat like these)
Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 14 minutes. You do not want them to be overcooked. You do not want them to be wet on the inside. Mine normally take 12 minutes.
Allow to cool. Brush with melted butter if you want.
You will love Gluten Free Drop Biscuits Recipe!
I can’t wait for you to try this Gluten Free Drop Biscuits Recipe!
Let us know what you think. It’s so good and no one will ever know it’s missing the gluten!
Learn how to make arepas with just a few simple ingredients.
It really is so easy to make Raspberry jam recipe at home and you only need 3 ingredients to enjoy homemade raspberry jam.
Try these other easy gluten free recipes:
- Gluten Free Crock Pot Mexican Shredded Beef Taco Recipe
- Gluten Free Shortbread Cookie Recipe
- Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- Easy Skillet bbq pork chops
- Coconut Flour Keto Mug Cake
- Our Favorite Gluten Free Snack for Busy Kids
- The Best Hobo Dinner Foil Packet Meal
- Foil Pack Santa Fe Chicken Dinner