Crock Pot Minestrone Soup Recipe comes together for a flavor packed meal with very little effort. Make this soup to satisfy your craving for a warm bowl of delicious soup and let the crockpot do all the work.
Crock Pot Minestrone Soup Recipe:
Minestrone Soup is one of our favorite types of soup and it is so easy to make. This soup is hearty enough to enjoy year round but light enough for even the warmer months. This simple recipe made with so many different vegetables.
This is the best comfort food but such a healthy recipe so you don’t have to feel guilty. Your family will love this easy soup recipe. Unlike cream based soups that can be very heavy and calorie laden, this crock pot minestrone soup is very light and healthy.
Skip the store bought soup and make this at home instead. The flavor can’t be beat and it comes together so easily. Once you try this recipe, you won’t ever buy canned soup again. It is that simple and tasty.
What is in Minestrone Soup?
When we plan on making minestrone soup is the perfect time to throw in all those leftover vegetables. Lots of yummy ingredients come together in minestrone soup for a flavor packed meal.
It is a great soup to add in spinach, zucchini and other fresh or canned vegetables. You will find onions, garlic tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, and green beans. You can add in meat, beans and even pasta to make this soup amazing.
It all comes together for the perfect soup recipe. A classic Minestrone Soup is a vegetable broth based soup that is loaded with pasta and vegetables.
Can I Make Minestrone Soup in the Pressure Cooker?
Yes, you can cook minestrone soup in the instant pot. Instant Pot Minestrone Soup is the perfect in the instant pot. Using the Instant Pot has been a game changer for my family. If I am short on time or forget to set out a meal, the instant pot saves me every time.
However you decide to cook this delicious meal, the sou will be a hit. We have even used the stove top to make this and it was great.
Olive Garden Minestrone Soup Ingredients:
- Diced Tomatoes
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Celery Stalks
- White Onion
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Bay Leaves
- Vegetable Stock or Vegetable Broth
- Red Kidney Beans
- Cannellini Beans
- Green Beans
- Tubular (Ditalini) Pasta
How to Make Crock Pot Minestrone Soup:
- Place Ingredients in Crockpot – This is one of the easiest recipes ever. Just put everything in the crock pot except the zucchini and pasta.
- Rinse Beans before adding – Make sure the red kidney beans drained and rinsed before placing in the slow cooker.
- Cook Ingredients – Cover and cook on low heat 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours until the potatoes are tender.
- Add pasta and zucchini – After cooking time is up, add the pasta and zucchini.
- Cook until pasta is tender – Cook on high heat for an additional 10-15 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Serve and Enjoy – Stir pasta and the cooked ingredients. So easy and the flavor is amazing from the carrot celery onion and other yummy ingredients.
- Add your favorite toppings – We also like to top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup Tips:
- Serve in a Bread Bowl – We love going to the bakery and buying bread bowls to serve this soup in. We end up eating the entire bowl because of the flavorful broth.
- Cook Pasta Separately – If you prefer you can cook your pasta separately with a bit of olive oil without combining with the other ingredients.
- Gluten Free – If you prefer to serve this gluten free, omit the pasta or get gluten free pasta.
- Fresh or Frozen Vegetables – The great thing about this soup is you can use fresh or frozen vegetables.
- Beans – Make sure to drain and rinse the beans before adding to the soup.
What to serve with Crockpot Minestrone Soup?
- French Bread – We love serving this bread with crusty bread as we love to dip it in the soup.
- Cheese Bread – We also love this Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe with Minestrone soup. Just use what you have on hand and your family likes.
- Grilled Cheese – There is nothing better than grilled cheese and soup for an amazing lunch.
This is such a great recipe and gluten free. It is super easy and soon to be your new favorite soup.
Can you Freeze Minestrone Soup Recipe?
Yes! You can easily put your ingredients together in a freezer bag and then just dump and go when ready to cook. This will save the time of opening each individual thing and help make this meal even quicker.
Learn all the tips and trick on How to Freeze Soup. Making homemade soup is so much better for you. It saves time and money.
How long will Minestrone Last:
If store properly your Homemade Minestrone Soup will last up to 3 days in the refrigerator. If frozen, it will last up to 3 months.
Olive Garden Minestrone Soup Variations
- Add Sausage – Try adding sausage if you would like to add meat to this soup. It’s delicious.
- Change the Pasta – Use other types of pasta that you might already have. Elbow is another good one.
- Spicy Minestrone Soup – If you like the soup to be a bit spicier, add in some red pepper flakes with the other seasoning.
- Add Chicken – For an even hearty soup, make Crockpot Chicken Minestrone Soup. When I add chicken to the soup, I like to chicken broth instead.
- Cheese – We love to garnish this soup with fresh parmesan but you can use what you have.
How to Store:
Store you leftover minestrone soup in an air tight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. You may need to add in more broth. If I plan on freezing the soup, I like to keep the pasta separately as cooked pasta will expand during the freezing process.
Why we love this Easy Minestrone Soup:
- Easy to make – This soup is easy to make. Even your kids can get this recipe ready for you.
- Budget Friendly – If you are looking for a budget friendly soup, this minestrone soup is the one. You can use what vegetables and seasoning that you have already.
- Taste Great for Lunch – This is my favorite soup to have leftovers. The broth and seasoning marinating the vegetables overnight makes this so full of flavor.
- Make in Advance – You can easily make in advance as it freezes great.
- Better than Canned – Canned and store bought minestrone soup is so full of added ingredients. Make Homemade Minestrone Soup for full of flavor meal.
Print this Crock Pot Minestrone Soup recipe below:
Crock Pot Minestrone Soup Recipe
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (14.5 oz can)
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 large potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 white onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 can red kidney beans (15 oz can) drained
- 1 can cannellii beans (15 oz can)
- 8 oz frozen green beans
- 1 zucchini diced
- 3/4 cup ditalini pasta
- Place everything in the crock pot except the zucchini and pasta.
- Cover and cook on low heat 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the bay leaves and then stir in the zucchini and pasta.
- Cover and cook on high for an additional 10-15 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Stir and serve warm. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Can you tell me what size can did you use for crushed tomatoes?
I enjoy your choice of recipes, but you need on option to bypass all the comments and go directly to the recipe.