This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Instant Pot Minestrone Soup Recipes are so easy and delicious. Not only is this soup packed with flavor but the pressure cooker helps to make dinner in just 5 minutes!
Olive Garden Minestrone Soup Instant Pot:
We love a delicious bowl of soup. In fact, we enjoy minestrone soup recipe in the instant pot all year round. It is one of our favorites soups because of the easy ingredients and the flavor.
This soup is hearty enough to enjoy as a main meal but light enough to enjoy even in the warmer months. Traditional Italian minestrone soup is so versatile and one of our favorite soups around here.
Once you see how easy it is, you will make this soup all the time. I guarantee it is better than anything you can buy from a can.
What is Minestrone Soup made of?
When we plan on making minestrone soup is the perfect time to throw in all those leftover vegetables. Lots of yummy ingredients come together in minestrone soup for a flavor packed meal.
It is a great soup to add in spinach, zucchini and other fresh or canned vegetables. You will find onions, garlic tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, and green beans. You can add in meat, beans and even pasta to make this soup amazing.
It all comes together for the perfect soup recipe. A classic Minestrone Soup is a vegetable broth based soup that is loaded with pasta and vegetables.
Ingredients for Minestrone Soup
- Diced Tomatoes
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Celery Stalks
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Bay Leaves
- Vegetable Stock
- Red Kidney Beans
- Cannellini Beans
- Green Beans
- Tubular (ditalini) Pasta
I know it sounds like quite a few ingredients but they are all simple and easy!
How to Make Minestrone Soup Instant Pot Recipe:
Seriously, if you can toss things into the pressure cooker, you can make this soup!
- Add Ingredients – Put all of your ingredients into the instant pot including add in the onion and the dry pasta.
- Close the Lid – Put the lid on the instant pot and set the valve to sealing position.
- High Pressure – Set the pressure to 5 minutes and dinner will be ready.
- Quick Release – Do a quick release to release the pressure once the time is up.
- Remove Bay Leaf – Make sure to remove the bay leaves before serving.
- Serve and Enjoy – I like to stir before serving to make sure it is all combined. This is optional but we love a little Parmesan cheese on top of our soup.
What kind of Pasta is in Minestrone Soup?
When we make Minestrone Soup we like to use the Tubular (ditalini) Pasta. Some grocery stores do not carry it, but I usually grab a couple of bags when I find it.
Any type of pasta will work. You can macaroni noodles, sea shell pasta, or a rigatoni pasta. The soup will still be amazing and full of flavor if you use a different pasta.
Can you Freeze Instant Pot Minestrone Soup?
Yes! You can easily put your ingredients together in a freezer bag and then just dump and go when ready to cook. This will save the time of opening each individual thing and help make this meal even quicker.
We have gathered all the tips and trick on How to Freeze Soup. Making homemade soup is so much better for you. It also saves your time and money.
Instant Pot Minestrone Tips:
- Cook Pasta Separately – If you prefer you can cook your pasta separately with a bit of olive oil without combining with the other ingredients.
- Gluten Free – If you prefer to serve this gluten free, omit the pasta or get gluten free pasta.
- Fresh or Frozen Vegetables – The great thing about this soup is you can use fresh or frozen vegetables.
- Beans – Make sure to drain and rinse the beans before adding to the soup.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Minestrone Soup:
- French Bread – This meal is amazing with crusty bread so you can dip into the delicious soup. Pick up a loaf of french bread from the bakery or make these easy homemade dinner rolls.
- Cheese Bread – We also love this Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe with Minestrone soup. I figure since the soup is so healthy I can enjoy an extra bread stick.
- Sandwiches – We love to serve different types of sandwiches with this soup. It makes for an easy dinner and everyone can make their own.
- Serve in a Bread Bowl – We love going to the bakery and buying bread bowls to serve this soup in. We end up eating the entire bowl because of the flavorful broth.
Minestrone Soup Variation Ideas:
- Add Chicken – For an even hearty soup, make Crockpot Chicken Minestrone Soup. When I add chicken to the soup, I like to chicken broth instead.
- Cheese – We love to garnish this soup with fresh parmesan but you can use what you have.
- Add Sausage – Try adding sausage if you would like to add meat to this soup. It’s delicious.
- Change the Pasta – Use other types of pasta that you might already have. Elbow is another good one.
- Spicy Minestrone Soup – If you like the soup to be a bit spicier, add in some red pepper flakes with the other seasoning.
Can Minestrone Soup be made in the Slow Cooker?
Yes, you can also make this meal in the slow cooker if you prefer. Cooking this minestrone soup in the crock pot is just as easy as cooking in the instant pot. You add all the ingredients in the crock pot.
Once it close to be done, then you add in zucchini and pasta. Everything is still cooked in one pot with easy cleanup.
We love making this full of flavor and vegetable soup whether we make it in the pressure cooker or slow cooker. Dinner time is much easier and less complicated now that I do pressure cooking.
If you are hesitant or on the fence, don’t be. You will love the way this soup turns out.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store you leftover minestrone soup in an air tight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. You may need to add in more broth once you are ready to serve again.
This vegan soup is great leftovers because all the ingredients really marinate together overnight.
If I plan on freezing the soup, I like to keep the pasta separately as cooked pasta will expand during the freezing process.
Print this instant pot minestrone soup recipe below:
Instant pot Minestrone Soup Recipe
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14 oz can)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (15 oz can)
- 3 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 2 Russet Potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 white onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 can red kidney beans (15 oz can)
- 1 can cannellii beans (15 oz can)
- 8 oz frozen green beans
- 1 zucchini (diced)
- 3/4 cup ditalini pasta
- Place everything in an 8 quart Instant pot.
- Seal the instant pot and set the valve to sealing position.
- Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick release to release the pressure once the time is up.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Stir and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe