This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
These Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits Recipe are so easy to make. In less than 15 minutes these tasty biscuits are done and they taste so much better than the restaurants.
Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits Recipe:
We love any type of bread, biscuits, rolls, French bread we love it all. There is just something about having warm bread straight out of the oven with your meal.
These Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits are my family’s favorite biscuit. Actually that is really the only reason we ever go to Red Lobsters is because of their biscuits. They are always served warm, soft, cheesy, and buttery.
I love to recreate great recipes from some of our favorite restaurants. When I told my kids that I am going to recreate this biscuits they were so excited. They loved the results and now they prefer mine of the restaurants.
Easy Homemade Biscuit Recipe:
These straight from our kitchen Homemade Cheddar Biscuits are very easy to make. The ingredients are simple and so is the process. We love making homemade biscuits as they always taste so much better than at the store or restaurants.
I know exactly what I am adding in and no additional ingredients that we can’t pronounce. These Cheddar Biscuits are one of our favorites to make because of the garlic butter glaze and the cheddar that just melts in your mouth.
These cheddar biscuits are so addicting that I think we make them for just about every meal. They are that good. It saves me time and money since I am making them at home.
For the Biscuits:
- All Purpose Flour – All Purpose flour is great for giving that fluffy texture for the best biscuits.
- Baking Powder – Using baking powder makes your biscuits light and flaky.
- Sugar – Adding in sugar really enhances the flavor and adds a touch of sweetness.
- Garlic Powder – The key ingredient in making these biscuits.
- Salt – A must when combined with all the other ingredients.
- Butter – We used unsalted butter since we added in salt. You don’t want your biscuits to salty.
- Cold Milk – You can also substitute with buttermilk.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese – We love the savory flavor cheddar cheese gives. But you can use what you have.
For the Topping:
- Butter, melted – Make sure to melt you butter.
- Garlic Powder – This gives the glaze the amazing flavor that we love on these biscuits.
- Dried Parsley – You can also use fresh chopped parsley
How to Make Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits:
- Heat the Oven – Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Prepare Baking Sheet – Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with a non stick spray.
- Mix Dry Ingredients – In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and garlic powder and salt using a measuring cup.
- Mix together wet ingredients – In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and butter.
- Combine wet ingredients with the dry ingredients – Then pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Be careful not to over mix.
- Add the Cheese – Then gently fold in the shredded cheese.
- Drop dough onto baking sheet – Then scoop the batter evenly onto the baking sheet at least 2 inch apart.
- Bake Dough – Bake for 10-12 minute or until the tops of the biscuits are slight golden brown.
- Mix Garlic Glaze – Then mix together the topping ingredients in a small bowl.
- Remove Biscuits from oven – Let the biscuits cool for 2-3 minutes
- Top with Glaze – Spoon or brush the top of the biscuits with the garlic butter topping mixture.
- Serve warm and enjoy
What is in Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix?
You can purchase Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit mix already made up. But this mix contains lot of ingredients that are not necessary and mainly to increase the shelf life. This is why I like make my own.
With this recipe you can combine the dry ingredients and keep in your pantry for when you are ready to use. Once you are ready to serve, stir together water, cheese and then biscuits are made.
I love having this cheese and biscuit mix already mixed up as it saves me so much time. I usually double the recipe so I can have it ready to go. This recipe becomes a savory snack for my family.
Tips for the best Cheddar Biscuits:
- Change the Cheese – We used cheddar cheese in this recipe. But we have used other flavors worked great. If you want a little kick, mix in some pepper jack cheese.
- Add in Flavors – If you prefer, you can add in additional flavors. Cayenne Pepper is a seasoning that we like to add as it gives the biscuits a little kick. You can also add in some italian seasoning.
- Garlic Butter Glaze – We think the glaze bring the biscuits together perfectly, but you can omit this step. You can also add more or have a side to dip your biscuit in it.
What do you serve Cheddar Biscuits with?
These biscuits are perfect with many different meals. They are a great snack or as a side to your dinner. Here are some of our favorite meals to serve with the biscuits.
- Grilled steak and vegetables
- Spaghetti and a salad
How to Store Leftovers:
Store the leftover at room temperature for up to 4-5 days. Keep them in an airtight container. To reheat, place on a microwave safe dish and reheat for about 10 second intervals.
You can also wrap in foil and place on a baking sheet and heat for about 10 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I usually do this method if I am reheating several of them at a time.
These Cheddar Biscuits can also be frozen. Place them in a freezer safe container or or in a freezer safe bag for up to 2-3 months.
Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits are a crowd pleaser!
We love having our family and friends over. These cheddar biscuits are always requested. Since I usually always have the cheddar and biscuit mix already prepared, all I have to do is add the wet ingredients and bake. These come together under 20 minutes total with combining ingredients and baking.
These biscuits are great with any type of meals. I usually serve it when we grill out or when I make spaghetti.
Print Recipe here for Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits:
Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with a non stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and garlic powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and butter. Then pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Then gently fold in the shredded cheese.
- Then scoop the batter evenly onto the baking sheet at least 2 inch apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minute or until the tops of the biscuits are slight golden brown.
- Then mix together the topping ingredients in a small bowl.
- Let the biscuits cool for 2-3 minutes and then brush the top of the biscuits with the garlic butter topping mixture.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Biscuits Recipe:
- How to make Homemade Biscuits
- Gluten Free Biscuits
- Popeyes Biscuits Recipe
- Easy Keto Cheddar Biscuits Recipe
- Homemade Biquick Mix