Low Carb Cheddar Biscuits Recipe taste like Red Lobster cheddar biscuits without all the carbs. This is the perfect recipe for those following a Keto eating plan. Enjoy them just as a biscuit with your favorite keto recipe or make them into a breakfast sandwich!
Low Carb Cheddar Biscuits Recipe
Many people following a low carb or Keto diet are looking for a healthy way to incorporate bread into their daily meals. We have a delicious recipe for Low Carb Cheddar Biscuits. It does not disappoint.
Now you can enjoy a biscuit without any guilt. Even better, these taste just like Red Lobster Cheddar biscuits. These low net carb biscuits are a crowd pleaser even more family who eats all the carbs love these.
I have been known to stop by Red Lobster just for that scrumptious basket of Cheddar Biscuits. They are just so amazing.
You can see why I’m so excited to be able to make these cheddar bay biscuits at home while keeping with my low carb lifestyle.
These Keto Cheddar Biscuits are so delicious!
They are loaded with cheese and so much flavor. Sometimes, you just want a biscuit or some type of bread. These definitely do the trick. These biscuits are packed with so much flavor without all the carbs.
The best part is that these Keto Cheese Biscuits are ready in less than 15 minutes and have very easy ingredients. These low carb, keto friendly bake goods are a great side dish to any of your keto recipes.
Keto Cheddar Biscuits Sandwiches:
If you are missing out on your favorite breakfast sandwich, use these Keto Cheddar Biscuits to make one. We used sausage and veggies but anything you like will work. It’s a great way to enjoy a breakfast biscuit without the guilt.
We love to load up your biscuit with all your favorite eggs, meat, cheese and veggies. I know I am still getting a complete meal that keeps me full, with these Keto breakfast sandwiches.
You can eat them just a biscuit, topped with garlic butter, with your favorite keto recipe or make them into a breakfast sandwich or any sandwich!
Ingredients for Keto Biscuits Recipe:
For the Biscuits:
- Blanched Almond Flour – This gives it the light, fluffy texture similar to all purpose flour.
- Baking Powder – Use Baking Powder or Baking Soda this helps the biscuits rise.
- Salt – Brings out the flavor
- Garlic Powder – We love the garlic taste this seasoning gives the biscuits
- Eggs – Use room temperature eggs for best results
- Butter (melted) – Make sure butter is softened or melted
- Cheddar Cheese – You can use cheddar or use what you have. You can also omit if you do not want to add.
For the topping:
- Melted Butter
- Parsley (learn How to Dry Parsley in the Oven)
How to make Cheddar Biscuits Keto Recipe:
- Preheat the oven – Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Prepare your baking sheet – Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together ingredients- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs. Then stir in the dry ingredients – almond flour, baking powder or baking soda, garlic powder and salt.
- Add the Cheese – Then stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Form the dough – Divide the biscuit batter into 11 equal portions, and form them into a rounded biscuit shape.
- Bake the dough –Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake for 10-12 minutes until the tops are lightly golden brown and toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Melt the Butter – While the biscuits are cooking, melt the butter for the topping.
- Top with Butter – Brush the tops of the biscuits with the butter and sprinkle the parsley on top.
- Serve warm and enjoy! Serve the biscuit as a side to your favorite keto meal or as a breakfast sandwich.
What if my Keto Biscuits are flat?
If you baked your biscuits and they turn out a little flat it maybe because of the cheese your used. When making anything Keto, make sure to use cheese that you grate yourself.
The already grated cheese has added ingredients that add in carbs that are not needed for this recipe.
Our biscuits have been flat a time or two, but they always taste great.
Low Carb Biscuits Variation Ideas:
- Use different cheeses – Cheddar cheese is great, but you can mix in some pepper jack cheese or Colby Monterrey Jack. Be sure to shred the cheese yourself as the pre-shredded cheese contains other ingredients.
- Sweet biscuits – Leave out the cheese and add in some powdered sugar
- Add some Ham – You can mix in diced ham with the cheese to have that savory flavor
- Stir in Sour Cream – Add in some sour cream to change the texture of your biscuits.
- Add in Cream Cheese – Adding in some cream cheese changes the texture of your biscuits as well. It does require a little more work as you need to let your cream cheese get to room temperature before mixing in.
- Coconut Flour – I haven’t tried using coconut flour but it would be a good option for flour instead of almond flour.
What to serve with Keto Biscuits?
- Your favorite bowl of soup.
- Top over your favorite Chicken Pot Pie
- A side to your favorite Green Salad
- Perfect with your Chili
Tips for the best Keto Cheddar Biscuits:
- Change the seasoning – Add in some different seasoning. Try Rosemary, Chives, or thyme all great options to change the taste of your biscuit.
- Don’t overmix the dough – To make sure that you have the flaky texture, don’t overmix the dough. Just combine until all ingredients are mixed together and then bake.
- Don’t Overbake – Make sure to not to overbake your biscuits. Once you remove the biscuits from the oven, given them a few minutes to finish baking on the baking sheet.
Can you make them ahead of time?
Yes, these keto biscuit are great prepared ahead of time. Simply, prepare and bake your biscuits as normal. Once they have cooled and reach room temperature, you can freeze in a freezer container.
We like to lay them flat on a cookie sheet and freeze as individual biscuits, Once frozen then store in a freezer container to serve later.
How to store:
Store you leftover keto biscuits in the refrigerator in an airtight container. They will last about 5 days in the refrigerator.
How to reheat:
To reheat you can heat in the microwave or in the oven. If your biscuits are frozen, let them thaw on the counter or in the refrigerator before heating them in the microwave. Learn How to Reheat Biscuits the best way.
Are you new to the Keto Lifestyle?
First of all, I know it can seem overwhelming initially. However, once you understand the Keto lifestyle it is very simple.
You can find lots of resources here including a beginner’s guide to Keto. I even spotted the Keto Crock Pot Cookbook.
It’s a lot to take in but basically the ketogenic diet is a diet high in fat with healthy fats for weight loss. The diet calls for a lot of nut butters, peanut butter and low or no carb snacks called fat bombs.
You will also want to keep things sugar free. Oils like coconut oil, olive oil and mct oil are used.
A lot of recipes call for cheese or cream cheese. Almond flour or pork rinds can be used for a coating or batter that fits into the ketogenic diet.
Need More Keto Recipes:
If you are new to the Keto lifestyle or just trying to eat low carb. These Keto biscuits are a great place to start. I also have some great Keto Recipes that I know will help you stay on the right track.
Cheddar Biscuits Keto Recipe
FOR THE BISCUITS:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup Almond flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp Butter (melted)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1 Tbsp Butter (melted)
- 2 tsp parsley (chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Then stir in the almond flour, melted butter, baking powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Then stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Divide the biscuit batter into 11 equal portions, and form them into a rounded biscuit shape. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake for 10-12 minutes until the tops are lightly golden brown and toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- While the biscuits are cooking, melt the butter for the topping.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with the butter while they are still warm and top with the fresh parsley.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
These biscuits are amazing. I was wondering if I can make them without the cheese? What would I use instead?
My husband is o a carb diet. I made these they are delicious. Going to make these again.?
I wanted to take the time to review these, because they are delicious and so easy to make, following your recipe. Thank you! This truly helps my craving for bread at breakfast.
I’m so glad you enjoyed them!