This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Homemade French Bread Pizza Recipe is perfect for when you are craving pizza but need it quick and cheap. Throw this together in just minutes for a dinner everyone will love loaded with everyone’s favorite toppings.
Homemade French Bread Pizza Recipe:
We love pizza and this homemade French bread pizza recipe is a crowd pleaser. I have whipped this together for a quick dinner, served it at parties and even cooked it for guests. This is the perfect busy weeknight meal.
This takes just minutes to make and can be thrown together in no time at all. You can use any pizza sauce you prefer but we love this homemade pizza sauce.
Add your favorite pizza toppings to create your own. I love to have a pizza night where everyone can create their own. Serve with a salad for a complete meal idea. This French Bread Pizza Recipe is always a family favorite.
Kids Love French Bread Pizza!
If you have kids that are picky and only like certain toppings but you want all the toppings, try this pizza. Everyone gets exactly what they want without any fuss.
This is a great to meal to prepare when your kids have friends over. It is a budget friendly meal and everyone can create their own. It is a fun activity to do with friends.
Ingredients for French Bread Pizza Recipe:
- Loaf of French Bread, Cut in Half
- Pizza Sauce (We like this homemade pizza sauce)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Green Bell Pepper, Sliced
- Red Bell Pepper,Sliced
- Red Onion,Sliced
- Ground Italian Sausage, Browned
How to Make French Bread Pizza:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Step 2 – Cut French Bread – Cut the french bread in half.
- Step 3 – Top with Pizza Sauce – Add ½ cup of the pizza sauce on each section of the bread.
- Step 4 – Add Toppings – Top with 2 cups of the shredded cheese on each half. Then top with the ground sausage, pepperoni, peppers and onion.
How Long do you Cook a French Bread Pizza?
- Step 1 – Bake Pizza – Bake pizza for 10-12 minutes. Bake until cheese is melted and slightly browned on a large baking sheet.
- Step 2 – Serve and Enjoy – Slice and serve immediately. Enjoy! Keep reading for the full recipe.
French Bread Pizza Topping Ideas:
The best thing about making homemade pizza is your can different toppings. Everyone can create their own and add as many toppings as your prefer. These are some of our favorite toppings.
- Diced Ham
- Canadian Bacon
- Slice Black Olives
- Pineapple Chunks
- Slice Tomatoes
- Red Peppers
How to Freeze French Bread Pizza:
You actually can freeze this pizza. Just put the sauce and toppings on as above but do not bake it.
I like to cut the pizza in half for easy storing. Wrap the pizza in plastic wrap and then foil. Store in a freezer safe zip lock bag.
Now you have customized pizzas in your freezer all ready to enjoy. This is perfect for lunch or dinner or anytime you need to grab and go.
When you are ready to serve remove from the freezer. Throw away the plastic wrap and foil and place pizza on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.
Cooking time may vary since there is no need to thaw the pizza. You have homemade frozen pizza without going to the store. This taste so much better than store bought pizza.
Recipe Tips for French Bread Pizza:
- Pizza Dough – We love using the French Bread as our crust for this homemade pizza recipe. But feel free to make your own. There is no need to toast the bread before adding toppings. Just slice, add sauce and toppings.
- Desired Toppings – You can create this pizza with all your favorite toppings. You can even use fresh mozzarella and drizzle with olive oil for added flavor.
French Bread Pizza Variations:
The options are truly endless for this French Bread Pizza. Feel free to use a different type of crust or marinara sauce. You can also use different types of seasoning.
Seasoning the sauce with garlic powder, garlic cloves, or add in fresh basil. I love mixing in Italian Seasoning blend.
These are some favorite pizza topping combinations. The flavor is amazing and your family will love the variation.
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- BBQ Chicken with BBQ Sauce
- Margherita Pizza
- Veggie Pizza
- Meat Lovers
- Taco Pizza
Just make it your own. This pizza is so easy to personalize. Make sure to serve with a side of garlic butter, ranch dressing and pizza sauce for dipping.
It is also a great way to use leftovers and turn into another great meal. I love when I can cook once and eat twice.
How to Store and Reheat:
Store you leftover pizza in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Leftover pizza will last about 3 days. When you are ready to serve again, place on a baking sheet pan and reheat in the oven.
If reheating in the oven, reheat in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Serve with parmesan cheese and a salad for a delicious lunch.
You can also reheat in the air fryer for a quick lunch the next day.
More Easy Pizza Recipes:
- Biscuit Pizzas
- Tortilla Pizza Recipe
- Air Fryer Pizza Recipe
- Crock Pot Pizza Soup Recipe
- Pizza Pockets
- Easy Pizza Cupcakes Recipe
- Bubble up Pizzas
- Hawaiian Roll Pizza Sliders Recipe
Print Homemade French Bread Pizza Recipe:
French Bread Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the french bread in half.
- Add ½ cup of the pizza sauce on top of the each section of the bread.
- Top with 2 cups of the shredded cheese on each half and then top with the ground sausage, pepperoni, peppers and onion.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly browned on a large baking sheet.
- Slice and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe