If you want a dinner that your family is going to enjoy and love to help make with you, then try this Easy Pizza Cupcakes Recipe. These little pizza cupcakes are so frugal and tasty.
Easy Pizza Cupcakes Recipe
I decided to give this a try over a year ago, because the biscuit pizzas and the bubble up pizzas were a hit with the entire family. So I decided to make Pizza Cupcakes, and they family loved them.
These would be really fun to serve for parties as well as family dinner. From Superbowl to birthday parties and more, this recipe is easy and so delicious.
Make sure you give this one a try. Your family is going to love you for it! You will love how budget friendly they are and how simple they are to make!
You will need a muffin tin to make this easy recipe.
My favorite cupcake pan is this one from Wilton. I also love my silicone muffin pan for muffins.
It is so convenient and clean up is a breeze.
- Pizza Sauce or Homemade Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Mini Pepperonis
I used 1 tube, 7.5 oz, of biscuits, 10 count. So, this recipe would make 20. Also, I used hormel pepperoni minis for the toppings.
How to Make Pizza Cupcakes:
- Prepare Baking Pan – Spray your cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Press Biscuits in Pan – Next, place a biscuit into all the muffin cups. Use your fingers to make a well in each biscuit.
- Flatten Biscuits – I did flatten the biscuits in the palm of my hand, and then pressed them in and up the sides of the muffin tin. The kids loved helping with this step in this recipe.
- Add Pizza Sauce – Spoon about 2 tablespoon of the pizza sauce into each cupcake on top of the biscuits.
- Add Pepperonis and Cheese – Now it is time for the pepperonis and top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Easy on the Cheese – Do not go overboard on the cheese because these are going to rise quite a bit. I learned the hard way.
- Bake Mini Pizzas – Bake until golden brown and then they are ready to enjoy.
- Cool and Enjoy – Let the cupcakes cool about 5 minutes (they will “deflate” some) before serving.
More Pizza Topping Ideas:
Pepperoni pizza is a family favorite around here so we always tend to go with that option.
- Just Cheese – You could make some plain cheese pizza cupcakes if you have kids that only like cheese.
- Make a Veggie Pizza – I also like to make some veggie ones for me. These are tasty with onion, pepper, mushrooms and more.
- For the Biscuits – I used canned biscuits but you can easily use crescent rolls instead. Generally, I get what is the most affordable at the grocery store.
- For the Sauce – Instead of pizza sauce, you can use marinara sauce if that’s all you have on hand.
How to Store:
Store any leftover pizza cupcakes in an air tight container for up to 4-5 days. I love making a large batch of these at the beginning of the week so my family and I can snack on them throughout the week.
They are very easy to reheat in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or you can enjoy them cold as well.
Can you freeze?
Since you are already going to make a mess of your kitchen, go ahead and make extras. Flash freeze them on a cookie sheet.
It isn’t any extra work to double the recipe. You will be so glad you did!
Once frozen, place in a ziplock freezer bag. You now have an easy lunch ready to reheat in the microwave.
What to serve with these pizza cupcakes?
Generally, I make these as a snack or appetizer. However, they can be made for dinner or lunch too.
Here are a few of my favorite side dishes that I love serving with these pizza cupcakes.
- Easy Caesar Salad Recipe
- Spinach Strawberry Salad
- Steamed Broccoli
Mini deep dish pizzas are affordable:
You can get can biscuits so cheap at the grocery store making this recipe very budget friendly. I love to make my own pizza sauce.
Not only is it very inexpensive but but it tastes amazing. Also, I love how easy they are to make.
We use this for lots of things and it saves a bunch of money. Also, we think it tastes better too.
Our entire family loves simple recipes like this. I keep recipes like this on the regular menu plan rotation because I know the entire family will enjoy these meals.
Print this Easy Pizza cupcakes recipe below:
- 2 cans of biscuits 10 count 7.5 oz
- 1 cup pizza sauce (store bough or homemade)
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- mini Pepperonis
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a cupcake pan with non-stick spray.
- Place a biscuit into each cupcake. Use your fingers to make a well in each biscuit (The kids loved doing this).
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of sauce into each cupcake.
- Sprinkle the pepperonis and top with the mozzarella cheese (don’t go overboard on the cheese, these are going to rise quite a bit. I learned the hard way)
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until nice and golden brown.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool about 5 minutes (they will “deflate” some) before serving.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe