Crockpot Pizza Chicken is one recipe that your family is going to request over and over!! It’s tasty and delicious and even the pickiest of eaters love this easy meal!
Crockpot Pizza Chicken Recipe:
My kids love pizza and I love slow cooking so if we have a recipe for pizza then they are hooked. This may not be pizza, but because it is called chicken pizza, my kids were all in.
They loved the pepperonis and quite frankly it gave the chicken a wonderful flavor. Plus, it really can’t get any easier since the slow cooker does all the work! Slow Cooker Pizza Chicken Recipe is one of the best meals on a busy night.
Topping ideas to add to Crockpot Pizza Chicken:
My kids like this recipe with just pepperoni but it is also really tasty with all of your favorite pizza toppings. It is a great way to change up this recipe and eat it different ways.
- Green Pepper
- Black Olives
- Banana Peppers
- Whatever you like
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Pizza Casserole:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (can be frozen)
- Pizza Sauce – Homemade or Pre-made works great
- Any of your other favorite pizza toppings
- Mozzarella Cheese
How to make Crock Pot Pizza Chicken Recipe!
- Spray your crock pot with a non-stick spray.
- Lay the chicken at the bottom of the crock pot. Top with your favorite pizza toppings.
- Then pour over the pizza sauce and the water. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. I put cheese on top the last few minutes to melt the cheese.
- Use a meat thermometer to make sure chicken as an internal temperature of 165 degrees before serving.
- Serve over pasta topped with the mozzarella! It really is that easy.
Tip for Pizza Chicken Recipe:
- I use a small food chopper or processor to quickly and easily chop onions and green peppers. If you do not have one of these, I highly recommend them. They are such a time saver.
- We use this Homemade Pizza sauce recipe and it is so good. Of course you can purchase store bought pizza sauce but this homemade recipe is so delicious and very simple to make.
- Add your favorite toppings – Mix in any of your favorite pizza toppings like sausage or mushrooms, shredded cheese or bell peppers.
- Chicken Optional – We used chicken breast frozen, but you can use chicken thighs as well. Try it with boneless pork chops.
- Make it Spicy – Add some jalapenos or some red pepper flakes to had a little heat to your meal.
- Serve with different Pastas – We served it with spaghetti noodles but Penne noodles would work great. You can even serve it over rice.
What to serve with Pizza Chicken?
- Serve it with a salad – Serve it with a simple side salad. It makes me feel better having a side salad with this hearty meal.
- Add some bread – Make these Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe and you are set for a delicious and wonderful meal everyone will love. We all love to dip the bread sticks in the delicious sauce and get every last bit!
- Freezer Garlic Bread – If I’m in a hurry, I will just serve it with garlic bread from the freezer. Once I learned how to freeze garlic bread, it’s so simple and easy.
Can you freeze Pizza Chicken?
Yes you can. We love to meal plan for the week. This is a great meal to freeze all the ingredients together and then cook in the crock pot. I toss everything in a freezer safe container and place in the freezer.
This makes it an easy meal as I just toss everything in the crock pot when I ready to prepare. You can also freeze your leftovers. Just place in individual containers for a quick lunch.
How to make Pizza Chicken Low Carb
I eat it plain to stay low carb or keto friendly. Sometimes I will serve it over Spaghetti Squash. My kids love it over penne pasta or sometimes we use spaghetti noodles for a change.
It is still a huge fan with the kids. They do not seem to ever get tired of it!
Print this Crockpot Pizza Chicken Recipe below:
Crockpot Pizza Chicken Recipe
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (filleted into 6 pieces)
- 2 cups Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup Pepperoni Slices
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- Lay the chicken in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Top with the pepperoni slices.
- Then pour over your pizza sauce and the water.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours until the chicken is cooked through.
- Then top with the shredded mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook on high for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is completely melted.
- Serve as is or over pasta and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe