As many of you know, I am a huge fan of cheese balls. Our entire family (extended family included) loves my Bacon Ranch cheese ball and the garlic and onion cheese ball recipes. However, I didn’t want to make the same old cheese ball recipe this year. This year, I decided to make this Pepperoni Cheese ball recipe.
Who doesn’t love pizza… I mean everyone loves pizza so it was obvious to me to turn it into a cheese ball. Just like our other cheese ball recipes, you are going to start with cream cheese, shredded cheese, and garlic salt. However, we jazz it up by adding in some diced pepperonis and some Italian seasoning.
The best part is probably the delicious coating. Instead of rolling it in nuts, I rolled it in crushed ritz crackers mixed in with Parmesan cheese…. YUM!
This pepperoni cheese ball was a crowd pleaser. Everyone was asking for the recipe, and I think your family will agree. This year, if you have a fun gathering, make sure you bring this delicious recipe for a fun appetizer.
I served it with a variety of crackers, some crunchy bread sticks, and some whole slices of pepperoni. Some people made delicious pepperoni “tacos” by placing some of the cheese ball inside a pepperoni. 🙂
Try this Pepperoni Cheese Ball recipe:
- 1 package of cream cheese (8oz) - softened
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp of garlic salt (eye ball it)
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 oz Pepperoni's finely diced (just eye ball it)
- ½ sleeve of Ritz crackers crushed finely
- ⅛ cup of Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese, Mozzarella cheese, chopped pepperoni, garlic salt, Italian seasoning and mix thoroughly.
- Place in the fridge and allow it to harden completely.
- Mix the crushed Ritz crackers and the Parmesan cheese together. Pour on some Saran wrap plastic wrap.
- Place the harden cheese on top.
- Roll the cream cheese into the shape of a ball and so the cracker mixture cover the ball.
- Serve immediately or place in the fridge until ready to eat.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.