This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip is packed with great flavor. It easy to make since the slow cooker does all the work. It is perfect for parties, Game Day and more.
Buffalo chicken wings are always super popular among the football food. So we decided to make a dip so we could enjoy it even more on game day.
Table of Contents
- Why Make Buffalo Chicken Dip?
- 5 Ingredients:
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Crock Pot Variations:
- Step by Step Instructions:
- What to Dip in Buffalo Chicken Dip?
- What Size of Crock Pot to Use?
- Can you Bake this Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe?
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe Crock Pot Tips:
- Can you Freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip?
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- Try More Easy Dip Recipes:
- Crock pot Buffalo Chicken dip Recipe
Why Make Buffalo Chicken Dip?
This crock pot buffalo chicken dip recipe is our go-to appetizer for watching any game. Football is in full swing at our house and food is right up there on necessities for football season.
If you are needing an appetizer this holiday make, slow cooker buffalo chicken dip. Simple ingredients makes this a crowd pleasing dip.
- Cooked Shredded Chicken (How to Boil Chicken Breasts)
- Buffalo Wing Sauce – Make Homemade or use Store Bought
- Softened Cream Cheese
- Ranch Dressing or Blue Cheese Dressing
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Scroll to the bottom to see recipe card for the full ingredients and recipe.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Crock Pot Variations:
- Stir in Sour cream: Add in an 8 oz sour cream to the mixture at the end of the cooking time. It adds flavor and a creamy texture.
- Add Blue Cheese: Sprinkle blue cheese crumbles on top and diced green onion.
- Reduce The Hot Sauce: If you are sensitive to spice, use ¼ cup Buffalo sauce instead of the regular ½ cup. This will help lessen the spice without sacrificing the buffalo flavor.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Place in Slow Cooker – First, place the cooked chicken, cream cheese, and ranch in slow cooker. Add in buffalo sauce and shredded cheese into the crock pot.
- Step 2 – Combine – Now that you have put the ingredients into the slow cooker. Mix everything together to combine thoroughly.
- Step 3 – Cover and Cook – Cook on low until the cheese is melted and the dip is hot and bubbly.
- Step 4 – Serve – Once the dip is ready, stir and serve. We like to serve with slice green onions and blue cheese on top.
What to Dip in Buffalo Chicken Dip?
This easy buffalo chicken dip is delicious with almost anything. However, these are our favorite foods to dip in Buffalo Chicken Dip.
- Tortilla chips
- Ritz crackers
- Pita Chips
- Celery sticks
- Snap Peas
You can easily serve this with whatever you have on hand.
What Size of Crock Pot to Use?
I make it in our small 1.5 quart slow cooker. When I make it for just my family, because it is the perfect size. This crock pot is great for my favorite dip recipes.
If you are making it for a crowd I recommend that you double the recipe. Then you will want to use a 3 quart crock pot or a standard size crock pot.
Can you Bake this Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe?
Yes, this dip can be baked if you prefer.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Combine everything in a bowl.
- Put the buffalo chicken dip mixture in a baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until it is heated through.
- The dip should be hot and bubbly.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe Crock Pot Tips:
- Use Rotisserie Chicken – If you don’t have time to make and shred chicken. I recommend that you use a rotisserie chicken. This saves a ton of time and still makes the dip taste delicious.
- Make it ahead of time – Also, you can definitely make this dip ahead of time. I have made this dip the night before and stored it in a baking dish in the refrigerator. The next day, I just put the dip in the oven or crock pot to warm is back up to serve.
- You can bake it – You can put it on a low oven setting. It will take 20-25 minutes to warm is up. Then turn the oven up and it’ll be nice and bubbly in under 10 minutes for your guests to enjoy.
- Prepare it on the Stove – If you are short on time. Melt everything together in a pan on the stove over medium heat. Then transfer it to the crock pot to stay warm.
- Serve with Ranch – If you are making this for a party, I would serve with ranch on the side. That way if people are sensitive to spice, they can dip in ranch as well to help offset the spice.
Can you Freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Yes, Buffalo chicken dip does freeze great and reheat well. See Can you Freeze Buffalo Chicken dip to learn how. Before freezing make sure it comes to room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Buffalo Sauce is the combination of hot sauce and butter. The creamy red sauce is delicious on wings, to mix in a dip or to bake chicken in.
Buffalo Chicken Dip would be delicious spread on a tortilla for a delicious quesadilla.
Leftover buffalo chicken dip is even better the next day. Make sure to store in an air tight container. Use the leftover to make a pizza, buffalo chicken wrap or make nachos.
Try More Easy Dip Recipes:
If you try this Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe, make sure to leave a comment. We love hearing from you.
Crock pot Buffalo Chicken dip
- Place cream cheese, ranch, buffalo sauce, shredded cheese, and shredded chicken into a crock pot.
- Mix together to combine.
- Cook on low until melted.
- Stir and serve with celery, chips, and carrot sticks.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe