Buffalo sauce recipe is super easy to make!
I love buffalo sauce and cook with it a lot. One day I didn’t have enough for what I was making and thought maybe I could make my own. The results? It turned out amazing and was really easy.
Everyone said it tasted delicious and we all like this better than store bought. Win for Mom! I love it when I can make something at home and save time and money!
Let’s make this Easy Buffalo Wing sauce!
- hot sauce – any brand will do. Just use what you prefer.
- unsalted butter, melted
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper – this is optional and based on your taste preference. You can omit this completely or add more if you like it hot. This recipe is easy enough that you can make 2 batches – regular and hot.
How to make buffalo sauce:
- 1. First, melt the butter using a microwave safe bowl. Set this aside and let it cool to room temperature.
- 2. Second, add the hot sauce and seasonings to the melted butter. Mix together in a medium bowl until smooth.
- 3. Finally, store this sauce in an airtight container in the fridge.
It is that simple! I told you anyone could make this. The flavor is amazing and the entire recipe is super fast and easy to put together.
- Mason jars make great storage. I typically always have a few of these in the cabinets. They are great to use to store the hot sauce and then use again for something else. Love these jars!
- Any air tight container will work. So feel free to use what you have. I try to always shop my house before I purchase anything. This not only helps us save money but cut down on excess items and clutter we don’t have room for.
Make this easy buffalo sauce recipe!
Once you start to make things at home, you will see just how simple this is. It is really easy but we all think it tastes better made at home. Plus, the satisfaction of knowing exactly what is inside makes me feel better.
No worries about hidden ingredients or extra things inside. You can feel confident about what your family is eating and the ingredient list is pretty simple.
I also love that you can make things to suit your taste. This recipe is really simple to make extra hot or just regular. I often make two batches and then just label them so we know which one is the hot one.
This is really handy if you are making a bunch of chicken wings for a party or game day. You can easily and quickly make a bunch of different chicken wings with varying degrees of heat. This is so easy and will save money from buying a bunch of different types at the grocery store.
Recipes with buffalo sauce:
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Recipe
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
All of these are amazing with buffalo sauce. We enjoy all of these but a favorite is definitely the chicken wings. I love to put out a tray of celery sticks, carrot sticks, ranch dressing and blue cheese dressing. The combination is so delicious.
Print this buffalo wing sauce recipe below:
Learn how to make Buffalo sauce recipe and never buy store bought again. This is so easy and perfect for chicken wings, drumsticks and more.
- 1 cup hot sauce
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional, add more if you like it hot
Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl and let cool to room temperature
Add hot sauce, melted butter and seasonings to a medium bowl
Whisk together until smooth
Store in airtight container in refrigerator
Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 7 days.
More homemade sauces:
- Homemade Barbecue Sauce
- Homemade Cheese Sauce
- How to make tzatziki sauce
- Copycat Chick fil A Sauce Recipe
- Homemade Pizza Sauce