Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla Recipe has all that you love about buffalo flavor with tons of cheese and tender chicken. Get dinner on the table in minutes with this delicious meal.
Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla Recipe:
We love all things buffalo and this buffalo chicken quesadilla recipe is super easy for busy weeknights. You can use leftover chicken to make this meal even simpler. The cheese is so ooey and gooey and tastes amazing with the buffalo and ranch flavors.
Our family never gets tired of buffalo chicken. From Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders and Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe to Buffalo Chicken Crescent Ring Recipe, Easy Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sliders, and Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups Recipe, we love it ALL!
The flavor is incredible and it is just so easy.
Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla is loaded with bold flavor of buffalo and cooked in a quesadilla. The quesadilla is cooked to a crispy texture and delicious flavor. This quesadilla cooks in a few minutes for the perfect weeknight meal.
How to Cook the Chicken:
My favorite way is to cook chicken in the crockpot. It takes so little work and it’s very easy to shred once the chicken is finished cooking. These options will show you to cook shredded chicken easily for this delicious meal.
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas Recipe:
- Cooked Chicken, shredded
- Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Cream Cheese
- Burrito Size Flour Tortillas
- Shredded Mozzarella
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas:
- Step 1 – In a large pot combine cooked chicken, hot buffalo sauce and ranch dressing and cream cheese. We also like to season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2 – Stir until heated through and melted.
- Step 3 – Spoon buffalo chicken mixture onto flour tortilla. Top with mozzarella cheese. Fold the tortilla in half.
- Step 4– Cook on a skillet over medium heat for a few minutes until it begins to brown. After about a 5 minutes then the quesadilla needs to be flipped.
- Step 5 – Continue until all the quesadillas are prepared. Super easy.
What is Good to Serve with Quesadillas:
- Rice – This is yummy served with Spanish Rice. Did you know you can also freeze rice? You can also make white rice or brown rice.
- Cheese Dip – My kids love when I make The Best Mexican White Cheese Dip Recipe. They like to eat this with some tortilla chips or pour some of the cheese dip on the quesadillas.
- Other Size – See What to serve with Quesadillas for more ideas. We like super simple sides because this quesadilla recipe is so easy to make.
- Sour Cream – We made to serve these with a drizzle of sour cream or to dip the quesadillas in.
What Goes Good with Buffalo Chicken?
The buffalo flavor goes really well with ranch and blue cheese. I like to have little bowls of both of these for dipping.
You can also cut up fresh veggies like carrots and celery. They go so good with buffalo chicken.
How to Bake a Quesadilla:
These Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas can be baked or cooked in the skillet.
- Prepare the quesadilla as directed on the recipe card.
- Place the prepared quesadillas on a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven that has been preheated to 400 degrees
- Cook for about 6-7 minutes. Then flip and then cook 6-7 minutes on the other side.
- Once the quesadillas are cooked to golden brown, cut and serve.
Tips for Making Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas:
- Leftover Rotisserie Chicken – This is the perfect meal to make with leftover chicken and rotisserie chicken.
- Cheese – We used mozzarella cheese but you can use any type of cheese. Monterey jack cheese or pepper jack cheese would great option. You can even mix different types of cheese together.
- Ingredients – When heating the ingredients together, make sure they are mixed together completely.
- Buffalo Sauce – You can make homemade buffalo sauce or use store bought. These quesadilla will have all the flavors of buffalo sauce no matter which one you use.
- Meal Idea – These quesadillas are perfect for lunch or dinner. We make these all the time for a quick meal idea.
- Tortilla – You can use any type of quesadillas. Gluten free, low carb or whole wheat tortillas are always good options.
- Shred Cheese – We recommend shredding cheese yourself. There is no adding ingredients and we feel like it melts better than the pre-shredded cheese.
Should I Cook Quesadillas in butter or oil?
We like to use a little bit of oil when making these quesadillas. These quesadillas will be a little crispier if you use oil. We have also had great results with non stick spay.
Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas are so easy:
If you love chicken buffalo sauce wings, you will love this chicken mixture loaded with wing sauce. You can also use buffalo sauce or hot sauce.
I try to always keep cooked chicken on hand to make this meal quickly during busy weeknights. It is the perfect meal to make when you are running from work to school and endless activities.
How to Store Leftovers:
If you have leftovers, place in an air tight container and place in the refrigerator. The leftovers will last about 3 days. Reheat leftovers in the microwave on the skillet.
Print this Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla Recipe below:
Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- 3 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1 cup Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 6 burrito size flour tortillas
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella
- In a large pot combine cooked chicken, hot buffalo sauce and ranch dressing and cream cheese.
- Stir until heated through and melted.
- Spoon mixture onto flour tortilla.
- Top with mozzarella cheese. Fold in half.
- Cook on a heated griddle for a few minutes until it begins to brown. Flip.
- Continue until all the quesadillas are prepared.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Chicken Quesadilla recipes
- Easy BBQ Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
- Crock pot Shredded Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
- Chicken Fajita Quesadillas Recipe
- The Best Cheese Quesadilla Recipe