My husband love all things with buffalo sauce on it so I thought I would experiment with some new recipes. Wonton appetizers are so fun and easy to make. These Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups do not disappoint. It’s simple to make and delicious too!
Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups Recipe
I have 6 growing teenage boys in my house which means we watch a lot of sporting events on TV. No matter the sport, we’re watching and cheering on our favorite team.
I enjoy watching sports but really my favorite part of any game day is the snacks! I love creating new appetizer recipes for my family to try and enjoy while we’re watching the game that week.
My husband has really been in to buffalo sauce lately. He’s even putting it on his eggs for breakfast! (too much for me, but I still love him). Anyway, since his love for buffalo sauce has grown, I decided to make a new buffalo appetizer.
I love making easy appetizers with wonton paper and love buffalo sauce mixed with a delicious cream cheese dressing so this is how this easy buffalo chicken wonton cups were born!
Of course, since it’s made with buffalo sauce, my husband loved them and I hope that you enjoy them much as we did!
What is wonton paper?
I use store bough wonton paper for this recipe. Wonton paper can generally be found in the Asian section at your local grocery store. Wonton paper is a thin wrapper made from flour, egg and water.
They are made from similar dough that is used to make egg roll wrappers but they are smaller so they are perfect for these easy wonton cups.
I love using them because they cook quickly and brown easily. You don’t need to add any melted butter and they still brown perfectly every time!
Equipment needed for this recipe:
Wontons are so versatile and they can be used for so many different recipes. I use a mini muffin pan to bake these in. It also really helps if you have a tart shaper. You can use it to push the wontons down into the muffin tin to shape them.
But if you don’t have a tart shaper, that’s ok! You can use the end of a wooden spoon to push the wonton wrappers into the pan so you can still make this easy and delicious chicken wonton appetizer recipe!
Let’s get started with these party snack ideas!
- Wonton Wrappers – If these are not available in your area, you can use egg roll wrappers and cut to fit in the mini muffin pan.
- Cooked Chicken, shredded – You can use store bough cooked chicken or a rotisserie chicken. I boiled chicken breasts until they were cooked through and then shredded it. However, any cooked which would work great too.
- Cream Cheese, softened
- Buffalo Wing Sauce – There are lots of options to choose from including spicy and mild options. If your family is sensitive to spice make sure to use a mild one and you can also use half of the amount called for to reduce the spicy level of this appetizer. Also, you can make your own with this homemade buffalo sauce recipe.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese – I love using cheddar cheese but any that you have on hand will work for this recipe.
- Crumbled Blue Cheese – Don’t skip these they add so much flavor to this appetizer!
- Thinly Sliced Green Onions
How to make buffalo chicken wontons:
First preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a mini muffin pan with a non stick cooking spray. Then place the wonton wrappers onto the center of each cup and use a tart shaper top to press the cup into the tin. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Next in a mixing bowl, add the cooked chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and buffalo sauce. Mix well.
Then use a tablespoon scoop (or a cookie scoop works great too) to scoop the chicken mixture into each wonton cup.
Aft they have each been assembled, bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges of a wrapper is slightly golden brown. After the cooking time, move the cups to a wire rack or a cooled baking sheet to and then serve with crumbled blue cheese and sliced green onions sprinkled on top!
That’s all it takes to make this delicious buffalo chicken wonton cups! I love getting the kids involved because they have lots of fun making this cups and they’re easy to make too.
How to serve?
These are great served warm with extra buffalo sauce or hot sauce for those that enjoy spicy foods or ranch dressing to drizzle on top or dip these cups into.
These are so good! You are going to love how they turn out.
Print the Recipe Here:
Easy Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups Recipe
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 1-1/2 cups cooked chicken (shredded)
- 3 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- crumbled blue cheese
- thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a mini muffin pan. Place wonton wrappers onto the center of each cup and use a tart shaper top press the cup into the tin. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add chicken, cream cheese, wing sauce and cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Use a tablespoon scoop to scoop chicken mixture into each wonton cup.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with crumbled blue cheese and sliced green onions.
- Makes 36
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Wonton Appetizers are one of our favorites around here for parties!
Crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside and the perfect size to snack on! This will be the star of the party and guests will love it. You might want to make a double batch.
More easy appetizer recipes:
- Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
- Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders recipe
- The Best Mexican White Cheese Dip
- Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Cheesy Bread Recipe
- Homemade Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- The Best Taco Dip
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
Try these other Buffalo Chicken Recipes:
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Crescent Ring Recipe
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Buffalo Chicken Wraps