If you love all things buffalo flavor like we do, this Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Casserole will be a hit. These enchiladas are loaded with tons of cheese and buffalo sauce and the slow cooker does all the work!
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Casserole:
We love enchiladas around here and I am always looking for a new way to make them. I started thinking about how much we all love buffalo flavor. Then the idea was born for these tasty buffalo chicken enchiladas. Yum!
These Buffalo Chicken Enchilada is a twist on a classic recipe. It is full of flavor and with each bite you will get amazing buffalo flavor. The cheese, tortilla, chicken all mixed with the buffalo sauce makes this an a family favorite.
This recipe only requires a few ingredient the results are amazing buffalo chicken enchiladas. I some guacamole, salsa and chips and your meal is complete.
What all do you need to make Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas Crock Pot Recipe?
- Chicken Breasts
- Red Enchilada Sauce 15 oz – Try our Homemade Red Enchilada Sauce Recipe
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis, drained
- Corn Tortillas – quartered
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Green Onions – sliced optional
With just a few ingredients, you will have the best casserole with tons of buffalo flavor.
How to Make Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Casserole:
This recipe is so incredibly simple. You put everything but the corn tortillas in the slow cooker and sit back and wait for the best dinner ever! Everything gets slow cooked to perfection!
- Add ingredients to slow cooker – Place chicken, enchilada sauce, and 1 cup of buffalo sauce to slow cooker. Then add ¼ cup of ranch dressing, and diced tomatoes with green chilies in the crock pot. If you perfect you can mix these ingredients in a large bowl prior to adding to slow cooker.
- Cook Ingredients – Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Cooking time will vary.
- Shred Chicken – Shred the chicken. The Chicken will be so tender and you can easily shred it.
- Mix in tortillas – Stir in the corn tortillas.
- Add Cheese – Top with the Monterey jack cheese.
- Melt Cheese – Cover and cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve and Enjoy – Top with green onions and serve.
Can you Make Buffalo Chicken Enchilada in the oven?
We love using the slow cooker because it makes it so easy if we are going to be gone all day. However, you can bake this recipe. Just place in a 9×13 pan and bake in a preheated oven at 350 for 45 minutes. It is just as easy and taste delicious.
Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas Casserole makes a really good meal to take to someone in need. Perfect for a friend that just had a baby or is recovering from surgery. It is easy to prepare and everyone always loves it.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Casserole?
- Side Salad – Buffalo Enchiladas is delicious served alone. You can add a simple side salad if you prefer.
- White Rice – We also love rice and sometimes serve it with that. You can save even more time and learn how to freeze rice and you can make this meal even easier.
- Brown Rice – It is so easy and helpful for busy weeknights. You can also use brown rice. Learn how to cook brown rice in the microwave for a quick side.
- Cilantro Lime Rice – We have also used this Delicious Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe. There are lots of delicious options.
Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Tips:
- Chicken – You can place frozen chicken in the crock pot. No need to thaw, just place it in with the other ingredients.
- Tortilla – We perfect cut our tortillas and place in the slow cooker. But you can cook the chicken and then bake in the tortilla in the oven.
- Buffalo Sauce – You can use store bought buffalo sauce or make your own.
- Serve with Vegetables – We like to add a side of carrots and celery sticks.
- Cream Cheese – You can add in cream cheese for a creamier sauce.
- Tortilla – Use flour tortillas instead of corn tortilla.
- Cheese – Change the change to pepper jack cheese or colby monterrey jack cheese.
- Chicken – You can use chicken wings or tenders. You can also use rotisserie chicken for an easy dinner idea.
- Sour Cream
- Blue Cheese Dressing
Everyone will love this meal!
Print Recipe her for Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Casserole:
Crock pot Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 can red enchilada sauce 15 oz
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilis, drained
- 10 corn tortillas quartered
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese
- green onions sliced optional
- Place chicken, enchilada sauce, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, and diced tomatoes with green chilies in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Shred the chicken.
- Stir in the corn tortillas. Top with the Monterey jack cheese.
- Cover and cook until cheese is melted.
- Top with green onions and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other easy buffalo chicken recipes:
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Crescent Ring Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups Recipe
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes
Stir in Dorritos instead of corn tortillas! So good! Kid favorite!
What is buffalo sauce?
Am I correct in assuming that steps 2 & 3 should be switched? You first cook the chicken in the sauces, then shred the chicken? Thanks! This looks yummy!
Buffalo sauce is a type of hot sauce. We generally use Frank’s buffalo sauces in our recipes. Thank you!
Sounds delicious! Thank you Vicki!
Is it best to cook the chicken first, shred it and then add to the remaining ingredients?
Or, can I put the raw chicken breasts with the sauces and cook all together for 8 hours on low and then shred the chicken, and finish off with the tortillas and cheese?
Meggie – Thank you. Yes, that is correct. I have corrected the post.
what can I substitute the buffalo sauce with please?
what can I substitute the buffalo sauce for because I cannot eat anything hot