This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels Recipe is the perfect game day party appetizer. They are loaded with flavor and easy to make with simple ingredients.
If you love buffalo chicken wings, then you need to make this Buffalo Chicken Pinwheel recipes. These easy buffalo chicken roll-ups are easy to make and always a crowd favorite. Check out this Pinwheel Sandwich Recipe.
Whether you are making them for your game day party or as a holiday appetizer. Your buffalo chicken fans will love them. This no bake snack is quick and easy to prepare and perfect to make ahead of time.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works:
- Simple Ingredients – All you need is a few simple ingredients to make this delicious appetizer. It is a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken.
- Super Easy to Make – The ingredients combine easily in a bowl and then spread on a tortilla.
- Perfect Party Appetizer – My kids love buffalo sauce and they always request this recipe when they have friends over.
- Shredded Cooked Chicken
- Cream Cheese (softened)
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Green Onions (sliced)
- Flour Tortillas 10″ inch in size
For the full recipe and ingredients, scroll to the bottom for the recipe card.
- Chicken – Feel free to use any type of cooked chicken in this recipe. I love to make this with leftover chicken breast. But you can use leftover rotisserie chicken or canned chicken if you prefer. You can also make these bite size treats without chicken.
- Tortillas – We recommend using a large flour tortillas for these tortilla pinwheels. But you can get creative and use crescent rolls or puff pastry. These options will need to be baked golden brown on a baking sheet before serving.
- Seasoning – You can also change the seasoning if your prefer. Add in cayenne pepper for an extra kick of spice.
- Cheese – You can also use pre-shredded cheese or shred the cheese yourself for this recipe. Choose from sharp cheddar cheese or add in pepper jack cheese.
- Serving – This buffalo chicken mixture would also be delicious as a buffalo chicken dip. Make sure to serve with a side of ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing for dipping.
- Slice Jalapenos – Add slice jalapenos is also a delicious way to add an extra kick to your tortilla rolls ups. We have even sprinkled some bacon for a jalapeno popper option.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – In a large bowl, stir together the chicken and cream cheese. Then add in ¼ cup buffalo sauce and green onions until combined.
Step 2 – Spread the mixture evenly on each of the flour tortillas. Make sure it is to the edges of the tortillas.
Step 3 – Then roll the room temperature pinwheels up tightly.
Step 4 – Wrap each one in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Then slice, serve and enjoy.
Can I Make in Advance?
Yes, we recommend making these pinwheels in advance. After spreading the mixture on the tortilla, it needs time to set in the fridge. It makes it much easier to slice the tortilla if they have at least 2 hours in the fridge to combine.
We have even made these the night before serving. When you are ready to serve, slice the pinwheels and place on a platter.
- Cream Cheese – Before combining ingredients make sure the cream cheese is softened. This helps to have a smooth and creamy texture.
- Hot Sauce – We like using Frank’s Red Hot Sauce to make this recipe. But you can also use Homemade Buffalo Sauce.
- Slicing Tortilla – For best results and for a clean cut use a sharp serrated knife on a cutting board work surface.
- Chill Tortilla – After spreading the buffalo chicken mixture on the tortilla, make sure to wrap in plastic wrap and store. This helps the ingredients to really marinate together.
- Tortilla – We like to use the burrito size tortillas when making this recipe. It is large and allow you to get multiple roll ups out of it.
- Rolling the Tortilla – Once you have put the spread on the tortilla, make sure to roll the tortilla tightly. Then wrap each tortilla with plastic wrap and then refrigerate. When slicing this helps to keep the roll ups tight for serving.
- Prevent Soggy Roll Ups – To prevent your roll ups from getting soggy. Make sure to serve them within about 2 to 3 days.
- Combining Mixture – Combine the mixture by hand or you can use a hand mixer or a electric hand mixer.
How Long to Refrigerate before Slicing:
It is recommend to let the buffalo chicken pinwheels to chill for at least two hours before slicing. This allows that the cream cheese mixture to sit and the tortilla to seal better.
Then slice the tortillas in ¾ inch slices to make the pinwheels. We like to spread the mixture on the tortilla and then store in the fridge. This helps slice and serve with the best texture.
While storing make sure to wrap in plastic wrap to keep from drying out.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
To prevent these pinwheels from getting soggy, make sure to not add to much buffalo sauce. If you want more sauce, serve it as a dipping sauce. Also not making the pinwheels to far in advance helps to prevent this easy appetizer from getting soggy.
More Easy Buffalo Chicken Recipes:
Make sure to leave us a comment or give us a star review if you try this recipe. We love hearing from you.
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- In a large bowl, stir together the chicken, cream cheese, buffalo sauce and green onions until combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly on each of the flour tortillas to the edges of the tortillas and roll them up tightly.
- Wrap each one in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to over night.
- When ready to serve, slice each wrap into approximately ¾” thick rounds. Serve cold and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe