Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken is the perfect recipe to try when you are craving buffalo chicken wings but not all the work. Whether you need a Game Day snack or dinner for your family, this is the perfect recipe that comes together quickly.
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken
We absolutely love buffalo chicken around here. The entire family goes crazy over it and it is so easy to fix.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe is our go to appetizer for parties so I knew everyone would love Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches.
The flavor is incredible and it is just so easy. Since we all love buffalo chicken so much, I’m always coming up with new ways to serve it.
The pressure cooker makes dinner time quick.
It comes together so quick and easy in the pressure cooker. I can get dinner on the table fast for my family or quickly feed a crowd on Game Day. The cook time is minimum.
I am using an 8 quart Instant pot but you can use a 6 quart.
We have even served Buffalo Chicken Sliders at birthday parties. This no fuss recipe can’t get any easier and it is budget friendly too.
Can I use frozen chicken breasts?
Yes. I used frozen chicken in this recipe and it still cooked super fast in my instant pot.
I do this frequently on those days when I forget to take something out of the freezer. It’s not a problem with my instant pot.
I can still have dinner ready and waiting on my family. Instant Pot Buffalo chicken frozen is still so quick and easy.
No worries if you do not have a pressure cooker yet, try making Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders in the slow cooker.
- Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Buffalo Sauce. You can use any brand but we like to make homemade buffalo sauce.
- Ranch Dressing Mix. Try this easy homemade ranch mix.
- Slider Buns
- Ranch Dressing. This is for serving. We used a ½ cup but you can use more if you really love ranch.
How to make buffalo chicken in the instant pot
- First, put the chicken breast, buffalo sauce and ranch seasoning mix in the instant pot. Make sure all of the ingredients are combined.
- Then, add the lid on and set the valve to the sealing position. Let this cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- Next, do a quick release to release the pressure from the pressure cooker.
- Once the chicken has finsihed cooking, shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Then top slider buns with the shredded chicken.
We drizzle ranch dressing on top, chopped green onion and a little more buffalo sauce. It is amazing. Feel free to add extra hot sauce too.
Chicken sliders are perfect for busy week nights. Once you pressure cook chicken, you will see how easy it is.
WHAT BUFFALO SAUCE TO USE?
You can use your favorite brand in this recipe. However, we like to make homemade buffalo sauce.
It is so easy and tastes really delicious. We like to add extra buffalo wings sauce before serving.
What to serve with Instant pot Buffalo chicken?
- For game day or parties, we keep it simple and just serve these with with some celery and carrot sticks. Add a side of ranch or blue cheese dressing and you are set. You can add a bag of chips and keep this meal so simple.
- Coleslaw. If you have a few extra minutes, the sliders are good topped with a little Coleslaw.
- Sweet Potato Fries. These oven baked fries are super crispy and so easy. It is so easy and one of our favorite side dish recipes.
These sliders have the best flavor and taste just like Buffalo Chicken Wings. They are creamy and delicious with just the right about of heat.
I can’t wait for you to try this shredded buffalo chicken.
How to store:
Leftover chicken can be stored inside in airtight container in the fridge. It will keep up to 6 months.
Just make sure to store the chicken separately from the bun or it will get soggy.
Tips for Buffalo Chicken Sliders:
- Double the recipe and freeze it. You will have a quick dinner for later without much work. The chicken can be frozen in freezer bags up to 6 months. To reheat, thaw and heat in the microwave or stove top.
- Make ahead for parties. If you need to make this in advance, prepare as normal. Keep in the refrigerator up to 2 days until ready to serve.
- Slider buns can be substituted with any type of roll. You can use Hawaiian rolls, dinner rolls or even hamburger buns.
How to shred cooked chicken:
I use a hand mixer to shred the chicken faster. It is so easy and one of my best time saving kitchen tips.
If you are not shredding your chicken this way, you are missing out. It can be done in a fraction of the time by doing it by hand.
Plus, I love the texture of the chicken when you use the hand mixer. Find more tips on how to shred chicken.
Make Shredded buffalo chicken sandwich.
From family dinner to parties and game day, Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders will be your go to recipe from now on. This buffalo chicken recipe is sure to impress even picky eaters.
Print Buffalo Chicken instant pot recipe:
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 oz Ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 12 slider buns
- Place the chicken breasts, buffalo sauce and ranch seasoning mix in the instant pot. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Place the lid on and set the valve to the seal position on the lid.
- Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- After the cook time, do a quick release on the pressure by moving the valve on the lid from the seal to the vent position.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Place the chicken on the slider buns, top with the ranch dressing and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Crescent Ring Recipe
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
More instant pot chicken recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Ranch Tacos Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- Chicken Spinach Artichoke Pasta Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos