This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If you are looking for a twist to your classic chili recipe, then make this Instant Pot Chicken Chili. Creamy, delicious and easy to make.
Easy Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili Recipe:
We love a good chili recipe and this is the perfect recipe. If you love buffalo sauce then you are going to love this buffalo chicken chili recipe. It is creamy, spicy and loaded with simple ingredients.
Making this buffalo chicken chili recipe in the instant pot makes for an easy weeknight meal. All the ingredients are added to the instant pot and pressure cooked for about 30 minutes.
Save time and make this easy chili recipe in your pressure cooker. The results are a creamy, delicious chili that your buffalo sauce fans will love. It is the perfect chili to serve for a crowd or a weeknight meal. We love easy Instant pot Chicken Breast Recipes.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Broth
- Fire Roasted Tomatoes (14.5 oz can – do not drain)
- Green Chilies (4 oz can – do not drain)
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Frozen Corn
- Celery (finely diced)
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Cream Cheese (8 oz – cut into chunks)
- Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded)
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Green Onions (sliced)
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Chili in the Instant Pot:
- Step 1 – Add ingredients to Instant Pot – Add the chicken breasts, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, green chiles, buffalo sauce. Corn, celery and seasonings to a 6 or 8 quart instant pot. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Step 2 – Pressure Cook – Seal and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes with a quick release. Remove the chicken, shred and return it back to the instant pot.
- Step 3 – Mix in cheeses – Switch the instant pot to the sauté setting. Stir in the cream cheese and shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Heat and stir for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Step 4 – Serve and enjoy – Serve warm topped with the blue cheese and green onions. Enjoy!
How to Shred Chicken:
This is a simple recipe that will soon become a family favorite. It is tasty and delicious and so easy.
I use a hand mixer to shred the chicken faster. It is so easy and one of my best time saving kitchen tips.
If you are not shredding your chicken this way, you are missing out. It can be done in a fraction of the time by doing it by hand.
Plus, I love the texture of the chicken when you use the hand mixer. I have an entire post on how to shred with your mixer that you can check out.
If you don’t have a mixer, shredding with two forks works as well. It’s a great recipe.
There are many things that are delicious topped on this Buffalo Chicken Chili. These are our favorite toppings.
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream – Greek Yogurt as a healthier alternative.
- Tortilla Chips
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Green Onions
- Corn Salsa
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Chili:
- Cornbread – You can use the store bought cornbread mix, but we like this Homemade Cornbread Recipe. It is easy to make and made with simple ingredients.
- White Rice – This chili would be delicious served over white rice. It thickens and makes for a delicious meal.
- Other Sides for Chili – There are many other sides to serve with this chili. Cheese and crackers are always a good option as well.
What type of Buffalo Sauce do I use?
My family loves buffalo sauce. We use it to cook chicken in, make chicken wings or as a dipping sauce. The jar buffalo sauce is great but you make Homemade Buffalo Sauce if you prefer.
Whichever you prefer this buffalo chicken chili will still taste amazing.
- Chicken – You can use frozen chicken or thawed chicken. Boneless chicken thighs or chicken tenders would also work in this recipe.
- Cream Cheese – Before mixing in the cream cheese, make sure that it is at room temperature. This helps it to mix together easily without any clumps.
- Shredding Chicken – After cooking chicken shred the chicken with a hand mixer to easily shred the chicken. This allows for the chicken to shred evenly.
- Mixing in Cheese – Allow for the cheeses to melt for a few minutes before serving.
- Chicken – We cooked the chicken in the instant pot. But you can easily use leftover chicken, ground chicken or rotisserie chicken to make this chili.
- Add in Beans – We love adding beans to our chili recipe. Add in white beans or cannellini beans. Other beans that would be delicious would be black beans or pinto beans.
- Cooking Time – Cooking time will vary depending on the the size of your chicken and your instant pot.
- Crock Pot – You can make slow cooker buffalo chicken chili for a simple meal idea. We love using our instant pot but the crock pot is perfect with this recipe. The recipe will remain the same and you can cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil can be added to prevent the chicken from sticking if you prefer.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This buffalo chicken chili recipe can also be placed in the freezer. Place in a freezer safe container and it will about 3 months if stored properly.
Is Buffalo Chicken Chili Spicy?
The way we made this buffalo chicken chili was not spicy. But you can make it spicy if you prefer. The buffalo sauce is pretty mild and we used roasted diced tomatoes and added in green chilies. It is the perfect balance and my kids ate it without complaining.
You can easily add in the following to give this chili a little more kick.
- Hot Sauce
- Add in red crushed peppers or cayenne pepper
- Diced jalapenos or chiles in adobo sauce
Simple Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Chili Recipe:
We love the bold flavor of buffalo sauce. It adds so much flavor to what we use it on but we especially love it in this chili recipe. The ingredients are simple and is kid approved.
Chili is a staple meal that we make year round. Making this buffalo chicken chili recipe gave us a delicious twist with our favorite meal. Add your favorite topping and serve over rice for a delicious meal idea.
Perfect for a weeknight meal or to serve a crowd.
Print Recipe here for Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili:
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz can – do not drain
- 1 can Green Chilies 4 oz can – do not drain
- ½ cup Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- ¼ cup Celery finely diced
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 pkg Cream Cheese 8 oz – cut into chunks
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 2 Green Onions sliced
- Add the chicken breasts, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, green chiles, buffalo sauce. Corn, celery and seasonings to a 6 or 8 quart instant pot. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Seal and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes with a quick release. Remove the chicken, shred and return it back to the instant pot.
- Switch the instant pot to the sauté setting. Stir in the cream cheese and shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Heat and stir for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm topped with the blue cheese and green onions. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Chicken Chili Recipes:
- Easy Crockpot Chicken Chili Recipe
- One Pot Tex-Mex Chicken Chili Recipe
- Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili Recipe
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- Pressure Crack Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Curry Recipe