This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Creamy and delicious this Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta is loaded with flavor. Bacon, cheese, chicken and pasta cooks fast in the instant pot.
Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta Recipe:
Crack Chicken Instant Pot Pasta Recipe is a quick and easy meal idea thanks to the Instant Pot. This pasta recipe is loaded with flavor with easy ingredients. Chicken, bacon, pasta and ranch combine make this creamy and delicious dish.
We love using our instant pot. It has been a game changer for my family. We love that I can put everything in the instant pot and cooks perfectly. Even the pasta cooks tender and combines amazing with the other ingredients.
If you are looking for an easy and delicious weeknight meal that is a family favorite, make this dish. Your kids will be licking their plate and asking for more.
You may also love this Instant Pot Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta.
Instant Pot Crack Chicken Casserole Ingredients:
- Dry Elbow Macaroni
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Diced into 1 inch pieces
- Bacon, cooked and diced
- Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- Sour Cream
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Chicken Broth
- Ranch Dressing Seasoning Packet (1 oz)
- Black Pepper
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- Green Onions, thinly sliced
How to Make Crack Chicken Pasta in Instant Pot:
- Mix Ingredients – In a large size bowl, beat together the ingredients. Cream of chicken soup, sour cream, ranch seasoning mix and pepper with a hand held mixer until creamy.
- Stir in Chicken, cheese and bacon – Then gently mix in the chicken, the cheddar cheese and half of the chopped bacon. Stir by hand carefully until the ingredients are completely combined.
- Add in Chicken Broth – Pour the chicken broth into the instant pot. Add the chicken mixture on top.
- Cook in the Pressure Cooker – Seal and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes. After the cook time, do a quick release to release the pressure. From the instant pot by moving the valve on the lid from the seal to the vent position.
- Cook the Pasta – Then switch the instant pot to the sauté setting. Stir in the elbow noodles and make sure that they are completely covered.
- Cook noodles with other ingredients – Cook for 4-5 minutes stirring frequently. This prevent the bottom from burning until the noodles are soft. Stir in the diced cream cheese for the last few minutes to allow for it to melt.
- Top with Cheese and bacon – Then turn the instant pot off. Top with the remaining shredded cheddar cheese, bacon and the sliced green onions.
- Serve and Enjoy – Let the meal sit for a few minutes. This lets the sauce can thicken and the heat from the meal will melt the cheese.
There are many ways to top this amazing meal. Here are some of our favorites:
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions
- Bacon Bits
Substitutions and Additions:
- Change Cheese – We used cheddar cheese but you can easily use other types of cheese. Colby Monterrey Jack Cheese, or Pepper Jack Cheese is what we recommend.
- Chicken Variation – You can use chicken thighs or chicken tenders instead of chicken breast if you prefer.
- Change the Pasta – We used rotini pasta in this recipe, but you can use what you have. Penne pasta or bowtie pasta are great substitutes.
- Cream Cheese – For a creamier sauce, mix in some cream cheese.
- Cream of Chicken Soup – We have added in a can of cream of chicken soup for added creaminess and flavor.
Crack Chicken Pasta Tips:
- Adding Chicken Broth – Make sure that you put the chicken broth in the bottom of the instant pot. Add before you pour the chicken mixture on top so that you don’t get the burn notice when cooking the chicken.
- Chicken – You can use frozen chicken breast or thawed chicken. I usually forget to set chicken out so I always toss in frozen chicken to cook.
- Cooked Chicken – If you prefer, you can easily use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken to make this dish.
- Shredded Cheese – We recommend shredding your own cheese. It melts better and there is no other added ingredients to the cheese. The pre-shredded cheese as added ingredients that cause it not to melt as well.
- Garlic – We used minced garlic, but you can use garlic powder or fresh garlic cloves.
- Shredding the Chicken – Before adding in the macaroni noodles, remove the chicken breast bites and shred the chicken. Then mix back in and continue cooking.
- Slow Cooker – You can also make this recipe in the slow cooker.
Can I Make this without the Pasta?
Yes, you can make crack chicken without the pasta. This dish is still creamy and delicious. Serve the crack chicken mixture in hoagies or over rice for an amazing meal idea.
What to Serve with Crack Chicken Pasta?
Because this crack chicken is a comfort and hearty meal, we keep the side light and simple. Here are some recommendations that we serve with this delicious meal.
- Side Salad – We often serve a simple salad with this meal and it is really tasty. The salad balances out the pasta and makes a really great dinner.
- Roasted Vegetables – You could also try Roasted Green Beans for another easy side dish idea. We also love broccoli and it is so easy. Learn how to steam broccoli in the microwave for a super easy veggie side dish.
- Homemade Bread – Whenever we make a pasta dish, I love to make a side of garlic bread. Pasta and bread just go together.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This meal is great leftover. This crack chicken pasta reheats great and the flavor is still amazing the next day.
Can I Freeze Crack Chicken Pasta?
Yes, you can freeze this crack chicken pasta, but the pasta texture may be slightly different. If you plan on freezing it, you may make the mixture without the pasta. Then mix in the cooked pasta when you are ready to serve.
Store the crack chicken mixture in a freezer safe container. Place in the freezer and it will be good for up to 3 months.
Instant Pot Crack Chicken Casserole
- 1.5 cups Dry Elbow Macaroni
- 3 Chicken Breasts Diced into 1 inch pieces
- 12 Slices Bacon cooked and diced
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened at room temperature
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (10 oz can)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Ranch Seasoning Packet 1 oz
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese divided
- 2 Green Onions thinly sliced
- In a large size bowl, beat together the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, ranch seasoning mix and pepper with a hand held mixer until creamy.
- Then gently mix in the chicken, half of the cheddar cheese and half of the chopped bacon. Stir by hand carefully until the ingredients are completely combined.
- Pour the chicken broth into the instant pot. Add the chicken mixture on top.
- Seal and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes. After the cook time, release the pressure quickly from the instant pot by moving the valve on the lid from the seal to the vent position.
- Then switch the instant pot to the sauté setting. Stir in the elbow noodles and make sure that they are completely covered. Cook for 4-5 minutes stirring frequently to prevent the bottom from burning until the noodles are soft. Stir in the diced cream cheese for the last few minutes to allow for it to melt.
- Then turn the instant pot off. Top with the remaining shredded cheddar cheese, bacon and the sliced green onions. Let the meal sit for a few minutes so that the sauce can thicken and the heat from the meal will melt the cheese.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe