Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Recipe gets dinner on the table fast. Easy and delicious chicken alfredo recipe made easily in the pressure cooker.
Instant Pot Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe:
You can’t go wrong with this amazing Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Recipe. Even our picky eaters love this dish. It is that delicious.
The creamy sauce and tender chicken come together for the best comfort food in minutes. Skip takeout and make this for a fraction of the price.
Plus, it is quicker than take out too. Your family will love this meal and ask for it again and again. It is super easy and quick enough even for busy weeknights.
You will not be disappointed and get to enjoy a really amazing meal that only took minutes to prepare.
What is Chicken Alfredo?
Chicken alfredo is a classic dish that is loaded with flavor. Long noodles are mixed in a creamy white sauce and topped with chicken. It is an Italian dish that is popular at many Italian Restaurants.
Now you can make it in a fraction of the time thanks to the instant pot.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo:
- Chicken Breasts
- Minced Garlic
- Chicken Broth
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fettuccine Noodles
How to Make Chicken Alfredo in the Instant Pot:
- Step 1 – Place the chicken breasts, butter, minced garlic, salt, pepper and chicken broth in the instant pot. Seal and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes. You can also add in olive oil.
- Step 2 – Quickly release the pressure from the instant pot after the cook time. Just move the valve on the lid from the sealing to the venting position.
- Step 3 – Shred the chicken into large pieces. Stir in the heavy whipping cream and fettuccine noodles into the instant pot.
- Step 4 – Seal and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. Quickly release the pressure again after the cook time.
- Step 5 – Then stir in the shredded parmesan cheese. Let the meal sit for 3-5 minutes to melt the cheese and incorporate the flavor.
- Step 6 – Then serve warm and enjoy.
Easily Shred Cook Chicken:
Cooking chicken in the instant pot is an easy way to make chicken to use many different recipes. Shredding chicken can easily be shredded by using a Kitchen aid Mixer. Shredding the chicken with a mixer saves you so much time.
The chicken comes out perfectly shredded and can be used in many different ways. We like to make a batch of shredded chicken at the beginning of the week and use it in different recipes.
We love that it shreds for this alfredo recipe.
Variations and Substitutions:
- Vegetables – This instant pot recipe is easy to stir in some spinach, kale, or broccoli. We have even added in bell peppers.
- Pasta – You can use different pasta. Bowtie pasta, rigatoni, penne pasta are always good options.
- Change Protein – If you prefer, you can use different proteins. Try using shrimp, sausage, or salmon.
- Add in Bacon – If we have bacon already cooked, you can also mix in some chopped bacon. It pairs well with the chicken.
- Garlic Powder – For added flavor, you can add in a teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Change Chicken – We used chicken breast, but you can easily boneless chicken thighs or chicken tenders.
- Noodles – Any long noodles will work in this recipe.
- Seasoning – For a spicier flavor add in red pepper flakes We love the flavor it adds. We like to add in extra garlic for the garlicky flavor.
- No Meat Option – You can easily make this alfredo by not adding in the chicken. Also change the chicken broth to vegetable broth.
- Chicken – We cook the chicken with the other ingredients. After cooking shred the chicken with a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Double the Recipe – You can easily double this recipe to freeze for another meal. There is no need to adjust the cooking time if you double the recipe.
- Reheating – When you are ready to reheat the leftovers, place in a microwave safe dish. You may need to add in a splash of milk to make it creamy again.
- Thick and Creamy – If you prefer to have your fettuccini thick and creamy, add in some cream cheese. Make sure to cut in blocks to easily melt in the instant pot.
- Pasta – Cook noodles until the reach al dente. You may need to reduce the time as cooking time may vary based on your instant pot.
- Add in Broccoli – If you are trying to get your family to eat more vegetables, add in chopped broccoli. I make sure that it is cut in small pieces so it is easy to eat.
- Frozen Chicken – When making this chicken alfredo in the instant pot, you can use frozen chicken breast or thawed. You may need to add a few extra minutes to cooking time if the chicken is frozen.
What taste good in Alfredo?
If you prefer a creamier sauce, you can easily add in cream cheese. Sour cream can also be added for an extra depth of flavor. To add in some color to the sauce add in some chopped broccoli.
Other options are chives, parsley flakes, or red bell pepper.
What Seasoning is Good for Alfredo Sauce:
When making a traditional alfredo it is made with a creamy white sauce. The ingredients include heavy cream, butter, and parmesan cheese. The seasoning we use is garlic, salt and pepper, and Italian Seasoning.
The combination of these ingredients are easily made in the pressure cooker sauce.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo:
- Garden Salad – We served ours with salad and it was such an easy and delicious dinner.
- Garlic Cheese Sticks – We love Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe. It is perfect for getting every last bit of that amazing sauce. The alfredo sauce is so amazing so you will want something to dip into that yummy cheesy sauce.
- Roasted Vegetables – You could also try Roasted Green Beans. Or learn how to steam broccoli in the microwave for a super easy veggie side dish.
Better than store bought Alfredo Sauce:
We love making homemade sauce and seasoning. This ensures that we know exactly the ingredients we are adding and adjust accordingly. The flavor of this alfredo sauce is wonderful and the sauce is better than anything you could buy.
I love that you can use any kind of pasta. We love making this alfredo from scratch with simple ingredients. I know exactly what we putting in the sauce and it taste so much better.
Just use what is on sale or you have in your pantry. It is tasty with any kind of pasta.
How to Store Leftovers:
Storing leftovers is easy to do. Simply place your leftover chicken alfredo in an airtight container once it has cooled to room temperature. Then place in the refrigerator.
Chicken Alfredo will still good for about 3 – 5 days.
How do you Keep Chicken Alfredo Moist:
After making the chicken alfredo we allow the alfredo to rest so it really infuses the flavor. You can remove the chicken fettuccini alfredo and placing in a serving dish or leave in the instant pot to serve.
Make sure to keep the chicken alfredo covered. We recommend to cover with a aluminum foil or an air tight lid as it helps to keep the pasta moist.
Why we Love this Recipe:
This delicious recipe is loaded with chicken, pasta, and creamy sauce for a meal that is out of this world. No need for a bunch of different side dishes and complicated recipes.
Put a little freshly grated parmesan on top and you are ready for the best meal.
- One Pot – Everything cooks in the instant pot. This saves me time and I only need to clean one pot.
- Easy Ingredients – The ingredients for chicken alfredo is easy and combined make the best flavor.
- Cooks Fast – You can easily add everything to the instant pot and it cooks the ingredients perfectly.
- Crowd Favorite – This chicken alfredo is always a crowd favorite and can easily cook any day of the week.
- Creamy Texture – We love how creamy the sauce because of the heavy cream.
Print this Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo recipe below:
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Recipe
- 2 Chicken Breasts (boneless skinless)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 parmesan cheese (grated)
- 8 oz fettuccine noodles
- Place the chicken breasts, butter, minced garlic, salt, pepper and chicken broth in the instant pot. Seal and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes. Quickly release the pressure from the instant pot after the cook time by moving the valve on the lid from the sealing to the venting position.
- Shred the chicken into large pieces. Stir in the heavy whipping cream and fettuccine noodles into the instant pot. Make sure the pasta is covered in liquid. Seal and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. Quickly release the pressure again after the cook time from the Instant Pot.
- Then stir in the grated parmesan cheese. Let the meal sit for 3-5 minutes to melt the cheese and incorporate the flavor.
- Then serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other Easy Chicken Alfredo Recipes:
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Curry Recipe
- Instant Pot Creamy Ranch Chicken Recipe
- Find more Instant pot Chicken recipes