Get dinner on the table in just 30 minutes with this Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe. Delicious chicken and cheesy rice combine for the the best meal with tons of flavor.
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe
This is one of our favorite meals to serve on busy weeknights. The pressure cooker makes it all so easy and dinner can be ready in no time at all.
In fact, it is so easy that you only need 30 minutes to have a wonderful dinner sure to impress. My kids go crazy over this dish and they love when I make it.
Since it is so simple, I don’t mind making this meal frequently. It can be hard to find something we all enjoy and this meal was gobbled up by everyone.
This delicious recipe is definitely going on our regular menu plan rotation. You can’t go wrong with this delicious and inexpensive meal idea that everyone is going to absolutely love!
Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice will be a hit!
It is the best comfort food and the melted cheese with the rice taste amazing! My kids call it “cheesy rice” and I love that everyone enjoys this meal so much.
We like to serve these Delicious Roasted Green Beans with Cheesy Chicken and Rice. Another good side is steamed broccoli.
Learn how to steam broccoli in the microwave for a quick and easy side dish. This recipe is so good that the kids don’t even seem to mind eating their veggies when paired with this tasty dish.
The instant pot makes this recipe so simple and easy that even on crazy days, I can easily throw this meal together. It helps so much having recipes like this to cook during hectic seasons of life.
Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole is quick and budget friendly!
You only need 2 chicken breasts for this recipe so it is very frugal friendly. The rice and cheese really stretch the meat and make it easy to feed a big family.
I love meals that are easy on my grocery budget, taste amazing and only take a few minutes to prepare. Life is so busy and most of us are running from work and school to activities and more. Take out is so tempting on those crazy busy days.
Now, you can just throw everything in your instant pot and make this amazing dinner idea. Since it only takes 30 minutes to cook, you can have dinner ready in less time than going to the drive-thru and back home again.
Instant Pot Recipes Chicken and Rice make dinner time easy. Everyone is happy and full after this delicious and hearty meal.
Ingredients for Creamy Chicken and Rice Pressure Cooker:
- Chicken Breasts
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Chicken Broth
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- White Rice
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How to make Instant Pot Chicken and Rice:
- Turn the instant pot to the sauté setting. Add the olive oil, diced chicken, onions and salt and pepper to the pot.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally until the onions are soft and the chicken is browned slightly. Add in the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes on the sauté setting in the instant pot.
- Next add in the chicken broth and rice. Stir to combine all the ingredients together. Make sure that the rice is fully covered with the liquid (add more if needed). Then pour the cream of chicken soup on top but do not mix it in with the other ingredients.
- Seal the instant pot and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. After the cook time, let the instant pot release the pressure naturally by not moving the valve on the lid.
- Once the pressure has been fully release, stir in the shredded cheese and serve warm. Enjoy!
It is that simple and easy to make Instant pot Chicken and rice recipe!
The entire family will enjoy this quick and easy meal. Instant Pot chicken and rice turned out perfect.
You will be amazed just how simple this recipe is and how quick the pressure cooker brings it all together!
What variations can I try with Instant Pot Chicken and Rice with cream of chicken soup?
- Try cream of mushroom in the casserole.
- Make homemade cream of chicken soup.
- Substitute chicken thighs.
- Add frozen vegetables to the rice mixture.
- Add another 1/2 cups shredded cheese to the rice when finished cooking.
You need a pressure cooker for Chicken and Rice Instant Pot Recipe!
You can find the Instant pot on sale here. It’s really changed dinner time around here.
If you have been putting off trying an instant pot, I highly recommend going ahead and biting the bullet. I love using the pressure cooker when I don’t have much time.
It is perfect for frozen food or meals that normally take a while. You can toss everything in and have dinner ready in no time at all.
Those days when you forget to take something out of the freezer or wait until the last minute for dinner, the instant pot is your saving grace.
I am not exaggerating when I say it truly has changed meal time around here. We love ours!
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice is sure to impress.
Instant pot chicken and rice is just as amazing and everyone will love this tasty meal. Kids love all the cheese, adults love it too.
This dish is even company worthy. Serve it for a few people or a crowd. Either way, it will be a success!
Instant pot cheesy chicken and rice casserole is great on the budget.
I love to make meals that stretch our meat budget. With only 2 chicken breasts, this recipe is so frugal.
The rice really stretches the meat and makes a hearty and delicious meal for even a large crowd. Not only will your family enjoy this but it is perfect for guests.
We often use what we have in the freezer or what is on sale that week. This might mean instead of chicken breasts, I toss in chicken thighs.
I have even used a mix of the two. My family never even noticed.
By shopping when things are on sale I save money on groceries and it really helps our budget. Saving money and feeding a big family can be accomplished.
Everyone loves this delicious dish so it is on our permanent menu plan rotation.
In fact, I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning! Save that money for a family vacation or maybe just some wiggle room in the budget.
Easy recipes like this keep my family happy and my grocery budget in good shape. This is how I keep our grocery budget reasonable.
Plus, being able to toss everything in the instant pot and have dinner ready in 30 minutes is a huge help and we are not tempted to get take out. Everyone is much happier with a delicious home cooked meal anyway.
Take out these days is not that fast and costs a small fortune. It is even more if you have 8 kids like I do. 🙂
Try Chicken and Rice Instant Pot recipe for a delicious meal.
Print this Chicken and Rice Instant Pot Recipe below:
Get dinner on the table fast with Chicken and Rice Instant Pot Recipe. Ready in only 30 minutes, Instant pot cheesy chicken and rice casserole is so simple.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (diced into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (10.5 oz can)
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
Turn the instant pot to the sauté setting and add in the olive oil.
Add the chicken and onions and cook for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally until the onions are softened and the chicken is browned slightly.
Then add in the minced garlic and cook on the sauté setting for 1-2 minutes.
Then stir in the chicken and rice. Make sure the rice is covered by the liquid (add more broth if needed).
Next pour the cream of chicken soup on top of the other ingredients but do not mix it in with the other ingredients.
Seal the instant pot (by moving the valve on the lid to the seal position). Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. After the cook time, let the pressure release from the instant pot naturally by not moving the valve on the lid.
Once all the pressure has been released from the instant pot. Remove the lid, stir in the shredded cheese. The heat from the meal will melt the cheese.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5-7 days.
You can mix in a bag of frozen mixed vegetables into this meal when you add in the rice. I have done this with frozen peas and carrots mixture before and it works great.
Find more Instant Pot Chicken Recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken and Stuffing Dinner
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Healthy Chicken Tacos Pressure Cooker Recipe
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Taco Soup Recipe
- Chicken Spinach Artichoke Pasta Instant Pot Recipe
Find more Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Quick and Easy Instant Pot Potatoes
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Creamy Taco Soup Recipe
- Mississippi Pot Roast Pressure Cooker Recipe
- Ham and Bean Instant Pot Soup Recipe
- Brown Sugar Carrots Pressure Cooker recipe
- Brown Rice Pressure Cooker Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Taco Soup Recipe