Get dinner on the table in just 30 minutes with this Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe. Delicious chicken and cheesy rice combine for the the best meal with tons of flavor. You are going to love this one pot meal.
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe
This is one of our favorite meals to serve on busy weeknights. The pressure cooker makes it all so easy and dinner can be ready in no time at all. In fact, it is so easy that you only need 30 minutes to have a wonderful dinner sure to impress.
My kids go crazy over this dish and they love when I make it. Since it is so simple, I don’t mind making this meal frequently. It can be hard to find something we all enjoy and this meal was gobbled up by everyone.
This delicious recipe is definitely going on our regular menu plan rotation. You can’t go wrong with this delicious and inexpensive meal idea that everyone is going to absolutely love!
Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice will be a hit!
It is the best comfort food and the melted cheese with the rice taste amazing! My kids call it “cheesy rice” and I love that everyone enjoys this meal so much. We like to serve these Delicious Roasted Green Beans with Cheesy Chicken and Rice.
Another good side is steamed broccoli. Did you know you can steam broccoli in the microwave for a quick and easy side dish. This recipe is so good that the kids don’t even seem to mind eating their veggies when paired with this tasty dish.
The instant pot makes this recipe so simple and easy that even on crazy days, I can easily throw this meal together. It helps so much having recipes like this to cook during hectic seasons of life.
Instant Pot Frozen Chicken and Rice:
Did you know that you can put frozen chicken in your instant pot? I was glad when I discovered that it is possible to take frozen chicken from the freezer and have a complete meal. It is best to cook your frozen chicken for about 15 minutes first and then do a quick release.
Add in your rice and cook for 3 minutes. This frozen chicken and rice in instant pot is possible without much planning and your family will be happy. Plus it is so much better for you then going through the drive-thru.
Instant Pot Chicken Thighs and Rice:
You can even do chicken thighs and rice in the instant pot. If it isn’t frozen, follow the same steps as the chicken breasts. I personally tend to use chicken breast, but the chicken thighs come as just as good.
Even if you only have one chicken breast and a chicken thigh, you can combine them.
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice is great on your budget:
You only need 2 chicken breasts for this recipe so it is very frugal friendly. The rice and cheese really stretch the meat and make it easy to feed a big family.
I love meals that are easy on my grocery budget, taste amazing and only take a few minutes to prepare. Life is so busy and most of us are running from work and school to activities and more. Take out is so tempting on those crazy busy days.
Now, you can just throw everything in your instant pot and make this amazing dinner idea. Since it only takes 30 minutes to cook, you can have dinner ready in less time than going to the drive-thru and back home again.
Instant Pot Recipes Chicken and Rice make dinner time easy. Everyone is happy and full after this delicious and hearty meal.
Ingredients for Creamy Chicken and Rice Pressure Cooker:
- Chicken Breasts – You can use boneless chicken breast or thighs that are fresh or frozen
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Onion or onion powder
- Chicken Broth – We like using low sodium chicken broth or chicken stock. You can use a diluted cube in water
- Cream of Chicken Soup – You can even use cream of mushroom soup.
- White Rice – We usually use white rice but you can also use long grain rice or brown rice
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How to make Instant Pot Chicken and Rice:
- Turn the instant pot to the sauté setting. Add the olive oil, diced chicken, onions and salt and pepper to the pot.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally until the onions are soft and the chicken is browned slightly. Add in the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes on the sauté setting in the instant pot.
- Next add in the chicken broth and rice. Stir to combine all the ingredients together. Make sure that the rice is fully covered with the liquid (add more if needed). Then pour the cream of chicken soup on top but do not mix it in with the other ingredients.
- Seal the instant pot and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. After the cook time, let the instant pot naturally release the pressure by not moving the valve on the lid.
- Once the pressure has been fully release, stir in the shredded cheese and serve warm. Enjoy!
What variations can I try with Instant Pot Chicken and Rice with cream of chicken soup?
- Try cream of mushroom in the casserole.
- Make homemade cream of chicken soup.
- Substitute chicken thighs.
- Add frozen vegetables to the rice mixture.
- Add another ½ cups shredded cheese to the rice when finished cooking.
A pressure cooker is a must!
I am using an 8 quart Instant pot but you can use a 6 quart. I personally have an Instant Pot and so far I am loving it. If you have been putting off trying an instant pot, I highly recommend going ahead and biting the bullet. I love pressure cooking when I am short on time.
It is perfect for frozen food or meals that normally take a while. You can toss everything in and have dinner ready in no time at all. Those days when you forget to take something out of the freezer or wait until the last minute for dinner, the instant pot is your saving grace.
I am not exaggerating when I say it truly has changed meal time around here. My instant pot has become my favorite kitchen appliance.
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice is sure to impress.
Instant pot chicken and rice is just as amazing and everyone will love this tasty meal. Kids love all the cheese, adults love it too. This dish is even company worthy.
Serve it for a few people or a crowd. Your family and friends will love this easy meal. This is my go-to meal when I know family is coming over. My family loves it as much as I do.
Tips for Leftovers:
We love leftovers at our house. This meal is perfect for making a big pot when your meal prepping as it is great for a busy night dinner or lunch the for the next week.
I like to freeze individual servings so my husband and I can have a quick lunch during the week. This is great for my lunch budget and I know that we are getting a healthy home cooked meal for lunch. It keeps us from hitting the drive-thru each day.
Print this Chicken and Rice Instant Pot Recipe below:
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (diced into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (10.5 oz can)
- 1 ½ cups white rice
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Turn the instant pot to the sauté setting and add in the olive oil.
- Add the chicken and onions and cook for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally until the onions are softened and the chicken is browned slightly.
- Then add in the minced garlic and cook on the sauté setting for 1-2 minutes.
- Then stir in the chicken and rice. Make sure the rice is covered by the liquid (add more broth if needed).
- Next pour the cream of chicken soup on top of the other ingredients but do not mix it in with the other ingredients.
- Seal the instant pot (by moving the valve on the lid to the seal position). Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. After the cook time, let the pressure release from the instant pot naturally by not moving the valve on the lid.
- Once all the pressure has been released from the instant pot. Remove the lid, stir in the shredded cheese. The heat from the meal will melt the cheese.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe