If you are looking for a simple and delicious meal idea, try Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup. It’s so quick in the pressure cooker and packed with flavor. This low carb meal is sure to be a hit and will impress the entire family.
Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup Recipe:
We love soup recipes around here and this recipe so easy and is a big hit with everyone in the family. It is loaded with amazing flavor and the meat is so tender. This is the perfect soup rather you are doing low carb or just want to enjoy a tasty soup on a cold night!
My family loves when I make Crock Pot Chicken Fajita’s but I decided that I wanted soup so I just combined the two! It is actually the perfect meal anytime of the year!
Pressure Cooker Chicken Fajita Soup:
It’s the perfect soup for a busy day and the pressure cooker makes it even simpler. It is such a light soup and doesn’t leave you feeling so heavy. The best part about using the pressure cooker is that this recipe is an easy dump all ingredients in and dinner is done in about 30 minutes.
The pressure cooker is perfect for those busy nights when you don’t want to hit the drive-through for dinner. You can come home have a good healthy dinner and stay on budget! That is a win-win for my family!
Keto Chicken Fajita Soup:
Not only is this soup tasty but it’s also keto friendly. You don’t have to feel guilty eating this delicious soup. Plus, the entire family will enjoy it. I love meals that everyone can eat and love. It really don’t make life easier when I am trying to eat low carb and everyone can enjoy the same meal I am.
Is sure makes dinner time easier during busy weeks of activities, work and more. Plus no more making two different meals. Everyone will love this meal!
You will need an Instant Pot!
I am using an 8 quart Instant pot but you can use a 6 quart if you prefer. We love using our instant pot for all of our instant pot recipes! One of my family favorites is the Instant Pot Easy Street Tacos! They are so good and we can make them right at home!
Since purchasing an instant pot, it truly has changed meal time around here. I can pull together dinner in little to no time. This is so handy for those days that I don’t remember to take anything out of the freezer for dinner.
The instant pot to the rescue! I love that it cooks fast but tastes like you slow cooked it all day. No worries if you don’t have an instant pot, you can try this Crock Pot Chicken Fajita Soup. It’s just as good in the slow cooker. You come home to dinner done!
- Chicken breasts (mine were frozen chicken breast)
- Diced tomatoes, 10 oz
- Chicken Broth
- Taco Seasoning (I used homemade taco seasoning)
- Minced Garlic
- Green bell pepper
- Red Peppers
How to make Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup:
- Combine all the ingredients in the Instant Pot.
- Lock the lid on top and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the timer for 30 minutes if you are using frozen chicken and 25 minutes if you are using fresh chicken.
- Do a quick release.
- Remove the chicken and shred.
- After shredding the chicken, return the chicken to the pot. Stir to combine the flavors.
- Serve with tortillas or tortilla chips and shredded cheese.
- If you like a little extra heat, add a few dashes of red pepper flakes to this pressure cooker soup.
If you are keeping this low carb, try topping with extra cheese and sour cream. We love extra onion too. For those not eating low carb or keto, this soup is really good with tortilla chips or corn ships. My kids love to top with tortilla chips!
Top with fresh cilantro and you are set! This meal is bursting with so much flavor.
My favorite tips:
I use a small food chopper or processor to quickly and easily chop onions and green peppers. If you do not have one of these, I highly recommend them. They are such a time saver. I usually just chop the entire vegetable and freeze what I don’t need. It’s so nice to be able to just take diced onion or bell peppers out of the freezer for recipes. Save more time in the kitchen by learning how to freeze peppers and how to freeze onions.
You can also try using chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts in this recipe. I often just use what I have in the freezer or what is on sale at the grocery store. Another idea it to add black beans or other beans in recipes to stretch the meat.
You can also add some cream cheese to make it more creamier!
Print this Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup Recipe below:
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans diced tomatoes 10 oz cans
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
Combine all the ingredients in the Instant Pot.
Lock the lid on top and set the valve to sealing.
Set the timer for 30 minutes.
Do a quick release.
Remove the chicken, shred and return it back to the instant pot.
Stir to combine the flavors. Serve with your favorite toppings. I topped mine with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5-7 days.
More easy Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant pot Boneless Pork Chops
- Quick and Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- Instant pot Twice Baked Potatoes
- Pressure Cooker Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- Instant Pot Roast Recipe
- Healthy Chicken Tacos Pressure Cooker Recipe
- Chicken Spinach Artichoke Pasta Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Ham and Bean Instant Pot Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Pressure Cooker Pork Chops Dinner
- Instant pot chicken and stuffing casserole
- Instant Pot Taco Soup Recipe