There is not much I love more than a simple and easy crock pot recipe. This Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo Casserole Recipe can be assembled in no time at all. It has quickly become a family favorite in my household.
Easy Crockpot Chicken Alfredo Pasta:
Easy Crockpot Chicken Alfredo Casserole is one of our favorite crock pot meals to make. It is easy to make with simple ingredients. We love to make this recipe when we have leftover chicken.
This recipe is crazy simple to make but is packed with flavor. This slow cooker chicken alfredo recipe with jar sauce is my go to for a busy weeknight. It is also perfect for a lazy weekend or if we are having guests over.
All my recipes have simple ingredients that I bet you either already have in your pantry. Add a side salad and some garlic bread and your meal is complete. This recipe is the perfect comfort food recipe.
How to Boil Chicken and Shred:
You can buy a rotisserie chicken and shred the chicken for an easy way to make this dinner. However, we have the perfect post on How to Boil Chicken Breasts that is just as easy. Plus it is a great way to save money.
I am using cooked chicken in this recipe to make it a very simple meal. In my family I like to cook chicken in huge batches, freeze it, and save it for simple dinner ideas.
However, you can easily cook your chicken in the crock pot. See Crock Pot Shredded Chicken.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, Cook the Chicken and then Shred
- Alfredo Sauce ( I really like Bertoli brand but definitely use your favorite type)
- Minced Garlic or garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Penne Pasta
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Parsley (optional)
How do you make Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo Pasta Casserole?
- Combine Ingredients – First in a large mixing bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, water, salt, pepper and minced garlic.
- Add Pasta to Mixture – Next stir in the penne pasta. Make sure the pasta is completely coated in the sauce recipe that you created.
- Spray Cooking Spray – Then spray your favorite slow cooker with a non stick spray. This prevents sticking so that serving this recipe will be easier.
- Layer Ingredients – After this, carefully place half the pasta mixture in the bottom of the crock pot. Then place half of the fully cooked chicken on top.
- Top with Cheese – Next top with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and ⅛ cup pf the grated parmesan cheese.
- Continue Layering – Then add the pasta mixture again using whatever is left. Then layer on top with the remaining chicken. Then top with the cheeses again (the same measurements).
- Cook Chicken Alfredo – Cover and cook on low for approximately 2 ½ to 3 hours. You can also try cooking on high for only 1 1/2-2 hours. Cooking time will vary.
- Add More Cheese – After it slow cooks, top the entire casserole with 1 more cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Serve and Enjoy – Place the lid back on to allow this cheese to melt. Finally, top with the fresh chopped parsley and serve immediately.
What to Serve with Chicken Alfredo:
I like to keep things simple when I prepare this recipe.
- Steamed Broccoli – We love to make steamed broccoli with this recipe. Since Chicken Alfredo is a hearty meal, I like to keep the side light.
- Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks – You definitely need to serve garlic bread with this meal. We love dipping our bread in the alfredo sauce.
- Caesar Salad – Complete this meal with a side of Caesar Salad. Easy to make with simple ingredients.
- Add in Vegetables – Add in spinach, broccoli, sun dried tomatoes, or mushrooms for additional flavor.
- Change the Pasta – We love changing the pasta to what we have on hand. Bow tie pasta or rigatoni noodles would work great for this recipe.
- Change the Cheese – For a different flavor change the cheese to Romano or asiago cheese.
- Add in Shrimp – Add in some shrimp or replace all the chicken with shrimp.
- Other Meats – If you like a savory flavor, mix in some bacon or some prosciutto.
- Fresh Herbs – If you have some fresh herbs it would a great addition to this casserole. We recommend chives, thyme or fresh basil.
- Ravioli – Instead of using penne pasta, you can use cheese ravioli or tortellini for that extra cheesy flavor.
Tip for Chicken Alfredo Pasta Casserole:
- Cooked Chicken – This is a great recipe to use leftover chicken or get a rotisserie chicken.
- Shredded Cheese – We recommend using freshly shredded cheese. The pre-shredded cheese has other ingredients that may cause the cheese not to melt as well.
- Alfredo Sauce – We love this recipe because you can use jar alfredo sauce. But you can easily make your own.
How to Bake Chicken Alfredo Casserole:
If you would prefer to bake your Chicken Alfredo Casserole, it is just as easy and you use the same ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat your pan with a cooking spray to prevent your casserole from sticking.
- On your stove top, heat your skillet to medium high heat. Once you have your skillet medium heat add your alfredo sauce, cooked chicken, and the remaining seasoning and heat together.
- Cook the noodles while your sauce is heating.
- Once your noodles are done cooking, mix together with the alfredo mixture.
- Then place in baking dish.
- Top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Serve and Enjoy this pasta bake.
This chicken alfredo bake is easy to make!
How to Store Leftovers for Easy Chicken Alfredo Casserole:
To store leftovers, place in an airtight container and refrigerate. This chicken alfredo will last up to 3 days if store properly.
To reheat, place in a microwave safe dish and reheat in the microwave. Heat in 1 minute increments so everything heats thoroughly.
Why we love this Easy Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo Casserole Recipe:
- Easy Recipe – Ingredients are easy and making it in the crock pot makes this a perfect weeknight meal.
- Create a Second Meal – If you have leftover chicken, use it to make this recipe. Most of the time all I need to get at the store is the jar of alfredo sauce.
- Family Friendly – My family loves this recipe. It is full of flavor and even my pickiest enters don’t complain.
Print your Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo Casserole recipe below:
Crock pot Chicken Alfredo Casserole Recipe
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- (2) 15 oz Jars of Alfredo sauce (I really like Bertoli brand)
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 16 oz penne uncooked
- 3 cups Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, water, salt, pepper, and minced garlic.
- Stir in the uncooked penne pasta until evenly coated.
- Spray a 6 quart crock pot with non stick spray.
- Place half the penne and alfredo mixture in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place half the chicken on top.
- Top with 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese and an ⅛ cup of parmesan cheese.
- Layer the remaining penne mixture, then the remaining chicken, another cup of mozzarella cheese, and the parmesan cheese.
- Place the lid on top and cook on low for 2 ½ to 3 hours.
- Remove the lid and top with another cup of mozzarella cheese.
- After it melts. Sprinkle with some parsley (optional) and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe