I have such an easy lasagna recipe for you to try this week with your family. We call it our lazy day lasagna recipe. It is much easier to make than traditional lasagna but you get all the same amazing flavors of a traditional lasagna.
The best lasagna recipe for a lazy day.
No need to boil, or add in ricotta cheese. Thanks to these cheese stuffed frozen ravioli we are completely skipping a few steps without missing all the amazing flavors of a traditional lasagna recipe which is exactly why we say it is the best recipe for a lazy day.
Now you can enjoy all the flavors without all the work.
What ingredients are needed to make easy lasagna recipe with mozzarella cheese?
I love a traditional lasagna but it can be a ton of work to prepare. You have to perfectly layer the lasagna noodles, pasta sauce, ricotta cheese mixture and then repeat layers until the lasagna is formed.
Although, it tastes great, it’s a lot of work to make a traditional lasagna. I have also seen some recipes that use cottage cheese or an easy lasagna recipe with jar sauce but they are all still a lot of work to perfectly layer the ingredients.
With my favorite lazy day lasagna, I love to use frozen cheese ravioli, so you still get all the flavors of traditional lasagna without all the layering and time consuming work.
Here is all you need for this lasagna recipe simple to make!
- Frozen Cheese Ravioli
- Ground Beef
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Salt
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
Just a note, I’m making a small batch, but you can easily double the ingredients and bake in a 9×13 pan for a bigger lasagna meal.
How to make this Lazy Day Lasagna Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet brown the beef completely until it’s no longer pink and drain off any remaining fat.
- Stir in all the cans of tomatoes, and seasonings.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, spray with nonstick spray.
- Place a layer of ravioli across the bottom.
- Spoon half the sauce over the ravioli.
- Then layer half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Add another layer of ravioli, sauce, then cheese.
- Add the parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for approximately 10-15 minutes to brown the top of the casserole.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for about 10- 15 minutes before you serve. Cut and serve.
- Serve with your favorite side salad and crusty garlic bread.
How do you freeze this simple lasagna recipe?
This lazy day lasagna recipe definitely freezes great. Make the recipe as directed except don’t bake. Just allow it to cool completely.
Make sure you are using a foil throw away pan. Cover with aluminum foil and place in the freezer to freeze. I would allow it to thaw slightly and cook for about an hour until it was bubbly.
When I make this recipe, I usually make two. One to enjoy now and one to save in the future for an easy future dinner for my family!
What to serve with this simple lasagna recipe?
I love to serve this lasagna recipe with a side Caesar salad topped with our favorite homemade Caesar salad dressing. Also, I usually serve it with one of our favorite bread recipes.
Here are some of our favorites that I hope you try soon:
- Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe
- Stuffed Cheesy Bread Recipe
- Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls Recipe
- King Hawaiian Rolls Recipe
- Crusty Artisan Bread
- The Best 90 Second Bread Recipe
Also, I love freezing my own garlic bread so that my family can enjoy it at anytime. Learn how easy it is to freeze here. This was a game changer for our family because we all love garlic bread!
Print your Lazy Day Lasagna Recipe below:
This simple lasagna recipe tastes like traditional lasagna without all the work. This is the best lasagna recipe for a lazy day.
- 25 oz Frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 lb ground beef (browned and drained)
- 3 cans crushed tomatoes (15 oz cans)
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Salt
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet brown the beef completely and drain off any remaining fat.
Stir in the crushed tomatoes and seasonings.
Spray a 9X13 pan with non stick cooking spray.
Place a layer of ravioli across the bottom of the pan.
Spoon half the meat sauce over the ravioli.
Then layer half of the mozzarella cheese on top of the meat sauce.
Add another layer of ravioli, sauce, then cheese.
Top with the shredded parmesan cheese.
Cover with foil and Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes. Remove the foil and back for an additional 10-15 minutes to slightly brown the top of the lasagna.
Remove from the oven and let it sit for about 10- 15 minutes before you serve. Cut and serve.
Serve with your favorite side salad and crusty garlic bread.
I usually make this with ground beef but this is delicious made with sausage or with ground turkey as well.
Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5-7 days. Reheat in the oven or microwave and enjoy!
If you love one pot meals as much as we do, you must try One Pot Spaghetti Recipe. This recipe is the perfect Lazy Day meal! It combines all the tastiness of spaghetti but into one dish! The cheese makes it even better! It’s so delicious!
Beef taco pasta skillet recipe is another easy and delicious one pot dinner. The entire family will love this tasty meal that is incredibly simple!
Slow cooker spaghetti bolognese recipe is slow cooked to perfection for the best Italian meal.
Slow Cooker Sausage Lasagna is a one pot dinner layered with meat, cheese, pasta and the best tomato sauce.
Try these other easy casserole recipes:
- Lazy Day Crock pot Lasagna Recipe
- Quick Easy Recipe Skillet Lasagna
- Crock Pot Mexican Taco Casserole Recipe
- Crock pot Chicken Enchilada casserole
- The Best Beef Casserole
- Easy Mexican Casserole Recipe
- Crock Pot Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Cheeseburger Tator Tot Casserole Recipe
- Chicken Hash Brown Casserole Recipe