This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
White Lasagna Soup is a creamy soup that is loaded with flavor. This soup is packed with noodles, chicken and veggies for a delicious soup recipe.
My 8 kids love when I make Homemade Lasagna. The cheese, noodles and sauce combination is always a family favorite. So I thought I would put twist on a classic favorite and make White Chicken Lasagna Soup Recipe.
If you know me, you know I love Soup Recipes. They can easily be made in your slow cooker or stove top. If you love this lasagna soup then you care going to love these comforting soup recipes – Crock Pot Lasagna Soup, Instant Pot Lasagna Soup and Gluten Free Crock Pot Lasagna Soup.
Table of Contents
Why You Will Love this Lasagna Soup:
- Simple Ingredients – I love that the ingredients for this creamy white lasagna soup recipe are simple. The ingredients can easily be found at the grocery store.
- One Pot Stove – Making this soup on the stovetop makes it an easy one pot soup recipe. It saves time and there is no need to layer ingredients in a casserole dish.
- Ultimate Comfort Food – This white chicken lasagna soup is the perfect recipe to warm up to on a cold day. It has all the classic taste but it is eaten in a bowl. Add a side of crusty bread for a complete meal idea.
- Unsalted Butter
- Medium Onion (finely chopped)
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Black Pepper
- Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Short Dry Pasta (like Mafalda Corta Pasta) or Broken Lasagna Noodles
- Half and Half
- Corn Starch
- Fresh Spinach (roughly chopped)
- Ricotta Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
For the full recipe, ingredients and notes scroll to the bottom for the recipe card.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Seasoning – We used a Italian seasoning blend, but feel free to add seasoning separately. We recommend a teaspoon of thyme, oregano, basil and cloves garlic. For an extra kick to the flavor add in a teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Change the Meat – You can easily substitute the chicken with Italian Sausage or make it without any meat. This recipe makes a delicious vegan white lasagna soup.
- Add More Vegetables – This is a great soup to sneak in other vegetables. Bell Peppers, shredded carrots, celery and you can even substitute the spinach for kale.
- Change the Noodles – We recommend any type of short noodles for this recipe. Other suggestions would be rotini or fusilli.
- Cornstarch – You can substitute the cornstarch with flour to thicken up the soup.
- Heavy Cream – Feel free to use heavy cream or cream cheese instead of half and half for delicious variations.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – In a large pot or Dutch Oven over medium heat, melt the butter or olive oil. Add the onions and cook until just starting to brown.
Step 2 – Stir in minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook 1 minute. Add chicken and broth and stir well.
Step 3 – Bring to a simmer and cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 12-15 minutes. Then remove chicken and shred.
Step 4 – Add in the lasagna noodles and cook (covered) until al dente.
Step 5 – Whisk together cream and corn starch.
Step 6 – Stir the shredded chicken, cream, and spinach back into the pot and heat through. Stir in ricotta and mozzarella cheese. Then the soup is ready to serve.
- Shredding Chicken – After cooking the chicken in the large pot on the stovetop in the broth, it is ready to shred. You can easily shred the chicken with forks, but you can also shred with a stand mixer.
- Noodles – There is no need to boil the noodles before placing in the soup. As the soup boils, the noodles will be cooked to al dente. This will save you time and cleanup is a breeze.
- Cornstarch Slurry – Make sure to add in the cornstarch slurry. This helps to thicken the soup for the best texture.
- Stirring Occasionally – When making this soup we recommend to continually stirring it for the best texture.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. If stored properly this soup will last about 4 days.
This delicious soup is best served with a side of Homemade Garlic Bread or a Side Salad.
When you are ready to serve your leftovers, reheat in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Make sure to stir after heating each time so you do not have any hot spots.
More Creamy Soup Recipes:
If you make this White Lasagna Soup, make sure to leave us a comment. We love hearing from you.
White Lasagna Soup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups short dry pasta like Mafalda Corta or broken lasagna noodles
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup fresh spinach roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- In a large dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onions and cook until just starting to brown.
- Stir in minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken and broth and stir well.
- Bring to a simmer and cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Stirring occasionally, until chicken breasts are cooked through (you will need an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F).
- When the chicken is cooked, remove from the soup and shred. Stir in the pasta and cook (covered) until al dente.
- Whisk together cream and corn starch.
- Stir the shredded chicken, cream, and spinach back into the pot and heat through.
- Stir in ricotta and mozzarella cheese.
- Serve with parmesan cheese as desired and garlic bread.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe