This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
You are going to love this Kings Hawaiian Rolls Recipe. It is so easy to make and tastes just like the real thing. Save yourself some money and make Kings Hawaiian Rolls at home.
Everyone in my family loves these King’s Hawaiian Recipes, but I typically only buy them around Thanksgiving. But we enjoy them year round made into sliders.
We love making Homemade Bread Recipes for any occasion. You will to serve them with our homemade garlic butter and it is perfection. Check out these other delicious recipes – Easy Homemade Artisan Bread or Quick 30 Minute Dinner Rolls.
Table of Contents
What are Kings Hawaiian Rolls?
Kings Hawaiian Rolls are a sweet bread that is loaded with flavor. They have a soft, fluffy texture and the perfect roll to serve with your holiday turkey.
They are easy to make with simple ingredients and always a family favorite.
- Warm Water
- Granulated Sugar
- Vegetable Oil
- All purpose Flour
For the full list of ingredients and recipes, scroll to the bottom for the recipe card.
- Seasoning – Feel free to add in fresh herbs or seasoning to the dough mixture. Stir in minced garlic, or rosemary, thyme and parsely are great options. We have even added in brown sugar and vanilla extract for added flavor.
- Shredded Coconut – Shredded coconut is always a great addition to the Hawaiian Bread Rolls.
- Melted Butter – After shaping the doughs brush the tops with melted butter and cinnamon and sugar. This adds the perfect amount of sweetness to these favorite roll recipe. You can even mix melted butter with poppy seed.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Mix together water, sugar and yeast. Let stand about 10 minutes, or until yeast begins to activate (small bubbles will form).
- Step 2 – In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, slowly add in oil, salt and flour. Mix until well incorporate and then continue to knead for about 2-3 minutes.
- Step 3 – Oil sides of bowl. Remove dough from mixing bowl and place in glass bowl, turning to coat with oil. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let rise for about an hour or until doubled in size.
- Step 4 – Spray an 8″ x 8″ glass baking pan with cooking spray. Divide the risen knead dough into 9 similarly sized balls.
- Step 5 – Arrange in the prepared dish, leaving some space around each ball to allow for rising. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise about 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Step 6 – Once risen again, bake rolls in 350 degrees oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove from oven and immediately butter the top of each roll. Enjoy these warm, fluffy melt rolls.
- Fresh Ingredients – Make sure when making homemade bread recipe that your yeast has not expired.
- Prepare Baking Dish – Prepare the baking dish by spraying with cooking spray. This helps to easily remove the homemade Hawaiian Rolls easily.
- Combining Ingredients – We recommend using the dough hook to combine the ingredients. It is much easier using the stand mixer than doing it by hand.
These King Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls are delicious made into sandwiches. We love these sliders recipes but have also made ham and Swiss sandwiches.
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Sliders
- Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Jalapeño Popper Burger Sliders
- Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Sliders
Frequent Asked Questions:
Any leftovers can be stored at room temperature. Just make sure the Hawaiian Rolls are wrapped good.
More Copycat Recipes:
- CopyCat Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Fritos Bean Dip Recipe
- CopyCat KFC Chicken Pot Pie
- Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- CopyCat Chick-Fil-A Lemonade Recipe
We love hearing from you. If you make this copycat King’s Hawaiian Rolls Recipe make sure to leave us a comment.
Kings Hawaiian Rolls Recipe
- Mix together water, sugar and yeast. Let stand about 10 minutes, or until yeast begins to activate (small bubbles will form).
- In a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment, slowly add in oil, salt and flour. Mix until well incorporated and then continue to knead for about 2-3 minutes.
- Oil a glass bowl. Remove dough from mixer bowl and place in the glass bowl, turning to coat with oil. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let rise for about an hour or until doubled in size.
- Spray an 8″ x 8″ glass dish with cooking spray. Divide the risen dough into 9 similarly sized balls. Arrange in the prepared dish, leaving some space around each ball to allow for rising. Cover tightly and let rise about 30 minutes.
- Once risen again, bake rolls in 350F oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove from oven and immediately butter the top of each roll.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe