Crock pot bbq chicken recipe is so tender and flavorful. It is perfect for sandwiches, sliders and more. Try this recipe to easily feed a crowd.
The best crock pot bbq chicken!
We love to make this Crock pot BBQ Pulled Chicken recipe so much its not even funny. Today I thought I would talk about How to make Shredded Chicken Sandwiches that your family will love too.
They are so very simple, yet filling and delicious. If we are having a big group get-together, it is likely these tasty sandwiches will be on the menu. I can make this fast and without much effort.
If you are wondering how to make shredded chicken sandwiches you have come to the right place. You will truly be surprised at how easy this recipe really is. Make sure you have at least a 6 quart crock pot. You don’t need anything fancy, but I sure do like this programmable crock pot. Whichever crock pot you use, I definitely recommend using crock pot liners. They make clean up a breeze!
Ingredients you need:
- Chicken Breasts- Chicken thighs are also good in this recipe. We have even mixed both together.
- BBQ sauce- Try this easy homemade barbecue sauce or we also like Stubb’s Sticky Sweet.
- Italian dressing
- Brown Sugar
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Red Onions (Optional)
- Monterey Jack Cheese (Optional)
Feel free to change things up and try different flavors of BBQ sauce. Another good one to try is sweet baby ray’s.
How to make bbq pulled chicken:
First, place all of the ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Shred the chicken and enjoy!
That’s it! I told you this was the easiest recipe ever!
Now that you know how to make shredded chicken sandwiches you should put it on your menu this week. Whether you are going to serve it for a family dinner or a big get-together, these sandwiches are sure to be devoured.
From parties to family dinner, this recipe does not disappoint. It is definitely a crowd pleaser and inexpensive to fix. We make this a lot for company too. I can spend less time in the kitchen and more time with my guests.
- Rolls- Our favorite way serve this chicken is on hawaiian rolls. You can buy them at the store, but I have grown fond of making them myself. Make sure you try to make your own Kings Hawaiian Rolls Recipe.
- Toppings – Cheese is optional but definitely tasty on the sliders. Monterey Jack is delicious but other ideas include: swiss, cheddar and pepper jack.
- Onion- Top with red onion slices. This is so amzing with the chicken.
- Side dishes- the Best Coleslaw Recipe, Lazy Day Crock Pot Baked Beans and Corn on the Cob are some of our favorites.
- Leftovers- Top baked potatoes with leftover pulled chicken for another great meal idea. I love to cook once and have multiple meals.
This is an easy freezer meal:
Money Saving tip:
Stock up on chicken when it is its cheapest. Now you can easily throw that chicken in the freezer, or you can make up a few of these dinners and then throw them in the freezer. That way you can have dinner ready in no time and you save money.
Start saving money today and give your family a great meal!
Try slow cooker bbq chicken today!
Shredded bbq chicken is a family favorite and I think you will agree!
Print this easy bbq pulled chicken recipe below:
Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken
- 3 lb chicken breasts (Approximately 5-6 chicken breasts)
- 1 ½ cups BBQ Sauce (Divided)
- 1/4 cup Italian Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 Buns (I used ciabatta buns but any will work)
- 1/2 Red Onion (Sliced) Optional for Topping
- 6 oz Monterey jack cheese (Sliced)
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 cup of the barbecue sauce, the Italian salad dressing, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place the chicken in a 6 quart crock pot. Pour the sauce over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Shred the chicken. Stir the 1 additional cup of barbecue sauce into the crock pot with the chicken.
- Serve on the buns topped with the red onions and cheese. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe