How to cook a baked potato in the microwave is quick and easy. It only takes minutes and the results are amazing! Baking a potato in the microwave saves so much time.
Microwave Baked Potato:
When I discovered how easy it is to make a bake potato in the microwave, my life changed. I love bake potatoes but I am glad that I can skip the process of heating up the oven just to make one.
Baking a potato in the microwave is the perfect solution when you want to enjoy a delicious baked potato without all the work. This easy microwave potato recipe is the perfect solution.
Whether it is really hot outside or you are craving for a potato now, you are going to love how easy and delicious this microwaved baked potato really is.
Dinner made easy!
It takes no effort, you don’t have to heat up your kitchen, and you don’t have to wait over an hour for your potatoes to be done. A single potato could be ready in under 5 minutes.
Potatoes can eaten as a quick lunch or as a side to any meal. They can also be topped with so many different toppings.
Have you ever done a potato bar? This is the perfect meal idea to feed big crowds. We love doing this when we have friends over for the big game.
You can have your potatoes done and have your toppings set out so everyone can fix their own.
- Green Onions
- Sour Cream
- Hot Sauce
Besides the normal toppings, we also have had meat toppings.
- Chopped Brisket
- Chopped Turkey
- Chili – I use this Easy Quick Chili Recipe. I love to keep leftovers in the freezer and it’s so simple to just take out of the freezer.
- Shredded Roast
- I also like Twice Baked Potatoes with Broccoli and Cheese. Yum! It’s amazing what a great meal this is.
This is a great way to use up leftovers if you have roast or brisket from a previous meal. It becomes another meal and everyone will rave how easy the meal it was to put together.
How long to microwave a bake potato:
Just keep in mind if you have smaller or larger potatoes, you may need to adjust the cooking time. This is minutes per side.
- 1 Potato – 3-4 minutes
- 2 Potatoes – 4-5 minutes
- 3 Potatoes – 5-6 minutes
Ingredients you need to make Microwave Potato:
- Russet Potatoes
- A Microwave
- Toppings you want for you baked potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste.
How long to make a Baked Potato in the microwave:
- Wash potato skin thoroughly. It’s optional but you can also coat with a little olive oil and seasoned with salt. This helps to crispy the skin.
- Poke the potato with a fork a few times for the steam to escape.
- Place the potatoes in the microwave. No container needed. I put them on a paper towel or a microwave safe plate, but you don’t have to.
- Cook on high for about 10 -15 minutes. It depends on how many potatoes you are cooking.
- Flip each potato 1 times each side and continue to cook.
- Cook for additional 10 minutes.
- Each baked potato should feel soft to touch when they are done. We felt like 20 minutes was plenty with the 4 big ones we had. You may need to increase or decrease time a little depending on how many potatoes you are cooking.
Note these microwaved baked potatoes are really hot so I like to use oven mitts when handling the potatoes. You can wrap in plastic wrap if not eating right away. Just make sure to use microwave safe material if putting something in the microwave.
Microwave baked potatoes are really that easy! I think it is the perfect baked potato.
Did you know that you you can also make “baked” potatoes in the crockpot – they are just as delicious and won’t heat up your kitchen. This is also perfect when you want to enjoy baked potatoes without heating up your kitchen in the summer time.
Speaking of baked potatoes, check out my post 10 Ways to use Leftover Baked Potatoes. Make extras tonight and use them to make other great dinners.
Perfect Potatoes every time:
Bake Potatoes can make the perfect meal. Throw in a simple side salad and you have a great meal!
I have this for lunch all the time. It’s such a filling meal and really quick and easy. It’s also very inexpensive to make baked potatoes.
We love to top the potatoes with butter, sour cream and a little salt and pepper. They are also good with chives and crumbled bacon.
Print Microwave Baked potatoes recipe below:
Easy to make Microwave Baked Potatoes
- 4 Russet Potatoes (you could buy baking potatoes for the bigger ones if you want)
- a microwave
- any toppings you want for you baked potatoes
- Wash potatoes thoroughly.
- Poke them with a fork a few times (this is optional, but makes me feel better) 😉
- Place in the microwave – no container needed. I put them on a paper towel, but you don’t have to.
- Cook on high for about 10 minutes.
- Flip each potato (careful it will be hot)
- Cook on high for another 10 minutes.
- They should feel soft to touch when they are done. 20 minutes was plenty with 4 big ones we had. You may need to increase or decrease time a little depending on how many potatoes you are cooking.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe