Crock Pot Hot Dog Chili is the perfect addition to your hot dog bar. This hot dog chili is full of flavor and easy to make with simple ingredients.
Easy Crockpot Chili for Hot Dogs
Making hot dogs is the perfect meal to serve for game day, parties or family gatherings. Making Slow Cooker Hot Dog Chili keeps the chili warm and the perfect addition to your hot dog bar.
If you are looking for an easy to way to prepare your hot dogs, check out Crock Pot Hot Dog Recipes or Bacon Wrapped Hot dogs. You can also make Air Fryer Hot Dogs for a quick hot dog recipe.
Make your basic hot dog into something delicious with this Crock Pot Chili. This chili is made with simple ingredients and is easily prepared. Skip the can stuff and make homemade hot dog chili from scratch.
- Ground Beef
- Tomato Sauce (8 oz can)
- Brown Sugar
- Yellow Mustard
- Worcestershire sauce
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Chili Powder
How to Make Crockpot Hot Dog Chili:
- Step 1 – Prepared Ground Beef – Brown the ground beef and drain off any excess grease and water off the beef.
- Step 2 – Add all ingredients to the slow cooker – Add the beef to a crock pot. Add in all the other ingredients. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Step 3 – Cover and Cook – Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 1.5-2 hours.
- Ste 4 – Serve and enjoy – Serve on hot dogs with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Substitutions and Additions:
- Ground Meat – We use a lean ground beef in this recipe but you can also use ground turkey. I have even done half ground turkey and half ground beef.
- Spice – If you prefer to have some extra spice, mix in some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes. You can even mix in some slice or chopped jalapenos.
- Balsamic Vinegar – If you do not have any Worcestershire Sauce, you can substitute for balsamic vinegar. It will still give your chili a tangy and sweet sauce.
- Change Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning to what you have on hand.
Crock Pot Hot Dog Chili Dog Tips:
- Picking Ground Beef – Use a low fat ground beef for the best flavor and to prevent the chili from being greasy.
- Thinner Chili – If the chili is too thick, add water to thin it out to the consistency that you prefer.
- Cook Ground Beef – We recommend cooking ground beef in a skillet before adding to slow cooker. If you have an Instant Pot Aura you can cook the meat directly in the slow cooker.
- Cooking – While the hot dog chili is cooking, we recommend to stir occasionally.
Can I Make this on the Stove Top?
Yes, this hot dog chili can easily be made on the stove top. After cooking the ground beef add the beef and the other ingredients to a sauce pan. Heat on low and continue to stir until heated through.
We let the chili simmer for about 20 minutes.
Hot Dog Topping Ideas:
- Minced Onions
- Shredded Cheese
- Slice Jalapenos
- Cheese Sauce
What to Serve with Crock Pot Chili Dogs:
- Bake Beans – Bake beans are a must when serving Hot Dogs. These bake beans are easily made in the slow cooker.
- Cole Slaw – Make this easy Cole Slaw recipe with simple ingredients. It is light and refreshing and the perfect side. You can even serve it on top of your hot dog.
- Best Sides for Hot Dogs – If you are looking for more easy sides for your next hot dog bar, we have over 25 Hot Dog Side recipe to choose from.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. If the chili is to thick after storing, you can add some water to thin it out.
How to Freeze and Reheat:
Once the hot dog sauce has cooled to room temperature, you can place in a freezer container. We recommend freezing in individual containers. This allows you to easily thaw into smaller portions.
Once you are ready to serve again, place in the refrigerator to thaw overnight. Reheat the leftovers in the microwave or on the stove top.
Easy Hot Dog Chili Recipe:
We love making recipes from scratch. This hot dog chili is simple and easy to make. This hot dog chili is similar to a chili sauce but is thicker. This chili is made with simple ingredients and nothing that I can’t pronounce.
Give your coney dogs more flavor and make this easy hot dog chili in your slow cooker.
Print Recipe here for Crock Pot Hot Dog Chili:
Crock pot Hot Dog Chili
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 can Tomato Sauce 8 oz can
- 2 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- Brown the ground beef and drain off any excess grease and water off the beef.
- Add the beef to a crock pot. Add in all the other ingredients. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 1.5-2 hours.
- Serve on hot dogs with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe