This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Enjoy this delicious microwave sweet potato recipe in just 5 minutes. We love microwave sweet potatoes for a quick and easy side dish option.
Microwave sweet potato recipe
I love cooking sweet potatoes in the microwave. It is so handy and the kitchen stays cool. I don’t have to heat up my oven.
Plus, the sweet potatoes really tastes amazing. The inside is tender and moist. Yum!
Sweet potatoes also make a great idea for a quick lunch. No need to wait an hour for an oven baked sweet potato when you get the same tasty results in minutes.
Ingredients for microwave sweet potatoes:
- Medium Size Sweet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
How to cook a sweet potato In the microwave:
Wash the sweet potatoes. Dry and stab 6-8 times per sweet potato with a fork in various spots throughout the sweet potato.
Drizzle the olive oil over the sweet potatoes and season with the sea salt.
Place in a microwave safe dish.
How long to microwave a sweet potato:
Microwave uncovered for 5 minutes. If the potatoes are not done, cook in 1 minute increments until they are done.
You know when the potatoes are done with a knife can be inserted and easily removed or you can squeeze the potatoes and they will be done when they are soft.
Serve topped with the butter, salt and pepper. Enjoy!
My kids like to add cinnamon and brown sugar to their sweet potato. Sometimes I do too.
Just use what you prefer. You can’t go wrong with sweet potatoes.;
Now you know how to microwave a sweet potato!
Microwaving a sweet potato is so simple and turns out delicious. My kids love pumpkin pie so they love sweet potatoes due to the similar taste.
This is one side dish my kids love and I do too!
What to serve with baked sweet potato?
So many options but here are a few favorites around here.
- The Best Blackened Chicken Recipe
- Easy Grilled Chicken Kabob Recipe
- The Best Blackened Tilapia Recipe
- Baked Pineapple BBQ chicken recipe
- Garlic Parmesan Grilled Shrimp Recipe
- The Best Blackened Salmon Recipe
Sweet potatoes really go with just about anything. You can’t go wrong with this easy side dish. Just keep the main dish simple too and you are guaranteed to have an easy dinner.
Easy recipes like this are always a hit. You can make sweet potatoes for your entire family for less than one sweet potato at a restaurant. Plus, it is quicker at home and everyone enjoys a great meal.
Money Saving tip:
Sweet potatoes tend to be cheaper in the fall months. Make sure you download our free What’s in Season? Calendar of Fruits and Vegetables in Season printable that will show you when you will find produce at its lowest price. That is the best way to save money next time you are making sweet potato fries.
I have learned over the years that shopping and cooking based on sales really helps our grocery budget. It adds up over time and makes a big difference in our budget.
It helps keep the grocery budget reasonable and feed a large family. By shopping when things are on sale I save money on groceries and it really helps our budget. Saving money and feeding a big family can be accomplished.
I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning!
Everyone will love these easy sweet potato fries. It is the best side dish and really simple. I love how frugal it is too.
This is another great example of a recipe that is easy, tasty and budget friendly. This is really a huge help in your grocery budget and you can feed a crowd with these baked sweet potatoes.
Print this microwave sweet potato recipe below:
Microwave Sweet Potatoes
- Wash the sweet potatoes. Dry and stab 6-8 times per sweet potato with a fork in various spots throughout the sweet potato.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the sweet potatoes and season with the sea salt.
- Place in a microwave safe dish.
- Microwave uncovered for 5 minutes. If the potatoes are not done, cook in 1 minute increments until they are done. You know when the potatoes are done with a knife can be inserted and easily removed or you can squeeze the potatoes and they will be done when they are soft.
- Serve topped with the butter, salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other easy sweet potato recipes:
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Quick and Easy Grilled Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Easy Turkey Sweet Potato Chili Recipe
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato fries Recipe