We have the best ever air fryer baked potato recipe. This is a must try and such an easy and tasty side dish for busy weeknights.
Air fryer baked potato recipe is so easy!
I love a good baked potato and I also love my air fryer! One night I was making dinner and thought it seemed like a great idea to make baked potatoes in the air fryer.
You know I love Crock Pot Baked Potatoes but sometimes you need a quicker solution. The air fryer to the rescue! It really is so handy and you don’t have to heat up your oven.
The inside of the potatoes are light and fluffy while the outside is just perfect. Your family will love this!
Speaking of baked potatoes, check out my post 10 Ways to use Leftover Baked Potatoes. Make extras tonight and use them to make other great dinners.
Make sure you have a good air fryer.
Have you tried using an air fryer yet? I was hesitate to try it as I thought surely it can’t be as good as a traditional fryer but I think it might be even better! Now I love cooking in the air fryer.
Essentially, the air fryer moves air quickly over food similar to broiling it in an oven that it gives the food a similar tastes to food that has been fried in oil.
The air fryer doesn’t require a large amount of oil like a traditional fryer requires so foods cooked in the air fryer generally have less calories and less fat than fried foods.
This air fryer is the one that I currently have and I really like it. I can easily fit everything I need for our meal in it. Plus, it is pretty easy to clean afterwards.
Find even more air fryer recipes to try.
Can you bake using an air fryer?
Yes, you can. Plus, it saves on heating up the kitchen and turning the oven on.
We love baking potatoes this way and the skin is crisp and the inside so tender and amazing.
Let’s make this baked potato in air fryer recipe.
What you need:
- Russet potatoes, scrubbed and cleaned
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
How to Make Air Fryer Baked Potatoes:
First, preheat your air fryer to 40 degrees F. If your air fryer does not have a preheat option, then I recommend running the air fryer for approximately 5 minutes to warm up the air fryer prior to cooking the potatoes.
(We used this air fryer here and you can find other great air fryers available here as well.
Stab each potatoes 5-6 times with a fork to allow for the pressure to release while cooking.
Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket. Brush the olive oil on the potatoes with a basting brush and sprinkle the sea salt on top.
Cook the potatoes in the air fryer for 40-50 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through and soft when squeezed gently.
After the cook time, carefully remove the potatoes (as they will be hot). Serve topped with your favorite toppings and salt and pepper. Enjoy!
- We love to make loaded bake potatoes with air fryer bacon, cheese, chives and sour cream. Yum!
- Air fryer broccoli and homemade cheese sauce
- They are delicious topped with this Easy Quick Chili Recipe! I keep small containers in the freezer of this chili just for potatoes.
Also, have you ever had a baked potato bar? This is the perfect way to turn a baked potato into a main meal! Such a great idea and very frugal for a crowd.
We like to chop up steak or grilled chicken and top the potatoes with it. Add in cheese, chives, bacon bits, sour cream and more! Such a fantastic meal idea!
We have used this idea for birthday parties or celebrations for a crowd. It really stretches the meat and makes it so frugal.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Baked Potatoes:
- Make sure to preheat your air fryer. Don’t skip this step! If your air fryer does not have a preheat option, then I recommend running the air fryer for approximately 5 minutes to warm up the air fryer prior to cooking the potatoes.
- Don’t put too many potatoes in the air fryer. You do not want to overcrowd as this will not allow proper room for the potato skin to crisp.
- Keep in mind the cook time will vary based on what size potatoes you decide to use. Smaller potatoes will not take as long to cook.
Print this air fryer baked potato recipe below:
Air Fryer Baked Potato
- 3 Potatoes scrubbed and cleaned
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F. If you air fryer does not have a preheat option, then I recommend running the air fryer for approximately 5 minutes to warm up the air fryer prior to cooking the potatoes.
- Stab each potatoes 5-6 times with a fork to allow for the pressure to release while cooking.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket. Brush the olive oil on the potatoes with a basting brush and sprinkle the sea salt on top.
- Cook the potatoes in the air fryer for 40-50 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through and soft when squeezed gently.
- After the cook time, carefully remove the potatoes (as they will be hot). Serve topped with your favorite potato toppings and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other easy potato recipes:
- Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes Casserole
- Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- How to Bake a Potato
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
- Easy Cheesy Potato Recipe
- Skillet Potatoes with Cheese
- Mashed Potato Cakes Recipe
You might also like these easy air fryer recipes:
- Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
- Air fryer chicken breast recipes
- Air fryer hard boiled eggs
- Easy Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air fryer tator tots
So easy and frees up your oven
So good and easy. Love how the skin crisps perfectly and doesn’t get “soggy” like microwave “baked” potatoes but is less time than in the oven. Win win!
Me too, and I love how it doesn’t heat up my kitchen in the Summer.
The potatoes cooked like this making the skins perfectly crisp are the Best Ever.