This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Learn how to make Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potato recipe for the perfect side dish. These sweet potatoes are so tender on the inside and turn out perfectly.
You will love how easy peasy this recipe it is and delicious with your favorite toppings. Make these sweet potatoes today for a quick and easy side.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works:
Have you tried using an air fryer yet? I was hesitate to try it as I thought surely it can’t be as good as a traditional fryer but I think it might be even better. Now I love cooking in the air fryer.
Cooking sweet potatoes in the air fryer takes less time and cleanup is a breeze. It is a healthy side dish and pairs perfectly with any meal.
- Medium Size Sweet Potatoes
- Olive Oil (avocado oil works as well)
- Sea Salt
For the full list of ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom for the recipe card.
Sweet Potato Toppings:
- Pat of Butter
- Sour Cream
- Mini Marshmallows
- Drizzle of Maple Syrup
- Chopped Pecans
- Black Beans
- Brown Sugar
My kids like to add cinnamon and sugar to their sweet potato. Sometimes I do too.
Just use what you prefer. You can’t go wrong with sweet potatoes.
How to Make Baked Sweet Potato in Air Fryer:
- Step 1 – Wash the sweet potatoes. Dry and stab 6-8 times per sweet potato with a fork in various spots throughout the sweet potato.
- Step 2 – Drizzle the olive oil over the sweet potatoes and season with the sea salt.
- Step 3 – Place the sweet potatoes on an air fryer rack or air fryer basket. Make sure that the sweet potatoes are spaced out and not touching in the air fryer rack.
- Step 4 – Cook at 400 degrees F for 40-45 minutes until a knife can be easily inserted and removed from the potatoes.
- Step 5 – Serve topped with the butter, salt and pepper. Enjoy!
- Washing and Scrubbing – Before making this air fryer sweet potato recipe, make sure to wash and poke holes in the sweet potato. This allows the sweet potatoes to cook evenly without cracking.
- Cook Sweet Potatoes – We love using out air fryer, but you can also cook them in the oven or microwave.
These sweet potatoes make a side dish to many different recipes. We love making them with The Best Blackened Chicken Recipe, Easy Grilled Chicken Kabob Recipe and even The Best Blackened Tilapia Recipe.
We make sweet potatoes whether we are grilling or cooking indoors. The sweet flavor and the healthy benefits makes this side dish a must.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store leftover air fry sweet potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will stay good for up to 4 days. I like to meal prep with them for a delicious lunch throughout the week.
Try these Easy Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
- Easy Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipe
- Air fryer hard boiled eggs
- Brussel sprouts in air fryer
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Air fryer tator tots
More Sweet Potato Recipes:
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Quick and Easy Grilled Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Easy Turkey Sweet Potato Chili Recipe
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato fries Recipe
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
We love hearing from you. If you make these Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes, please leave us a comment or star review.
Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Wash the sweet potatoes. Dry and stab 6-8 times per sweet potato with a fork in various spots throughout the sweet potato.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the sweet potatoes and season with the sea salt.
- Place the sweet potatoes on an air fryer rack or basket. Make sure that the sweet potatoes are spaced out and not touching in the air fryer rack.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 40-45 minutes until a knife can be easily inserted and removed from the potatoes.
- Serve topped with the butter, salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe