This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Air Fryer Cube Steak is a delicious and easy to make cube steak. Turn your inexpensive meat into an amazing dinner idea.
The Best Air Fryer Cube Steak Recipe:
This air fryer cube steak is a delicious and easy dinner idea. The cube steak cooks tender in the air fryer basket with simple seasoning. The flavor is amazing and you will be surprise how easy it cooks in the air fryer.
We use our air fryer for many different things and we have even made air fryer steak bites and Air Fryer Meatloaf. From cooking desserts, different cuts of meat, and vegetables using the air fryer has been a game changer for my family.
If you are tried of eating dry, tough beef then this recipe is for you. The delicious seasoning turns this cube steak into a flavorful dinner idea. Add your favorite side dishes for a complete meal idea.
What is Cube Steak?
Cube steak is a cut of beef that is a top sirloin. This cut of meat is tenderized and flattened with a meat tenderizer. The name comes from the indentions in the meat made by the meat mallet.
If you have add country fried steak, then you have had cube steak.
- Cube Steak (approximately 4 steaks)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
How to Make Cube Steak in the Air Fryer:
- Step 1 – Oil Steaks – Place the cube steaks on a plate. Rub the olive oil onto both sides of the cube steaks.
- Step 2 – Mix Seasoning – In a small bowl, mix together the seasonings. Then sprinkle the seasoning mixture evenly on both sides of the steaks.
- Step 3 – Preheat Air Fryer – Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. If your air fryer does not have a preheat option. Then run the air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
- Step 4 – Add Cube Steaks to Air Fryer – Place the cube steaks in the air fryer in a single layer. You may need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Step 5 – Cook Cube Steak – Air fry at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 minutes. Cook until the cube steaks have reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Remove the steak from the air fryer. Let them rest for approximately 5 minutes. Then the steaks are ready to serve and enjoy.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Cube Steak:
There are many different side dishes that go perfectly with this meal. These are some of our favorites.
- Mashed Potatoes – This recipe is a game changer and makes mashed potatoes so simple. No need for separate pans and boiling potatoes. This easy recipe does not require any boiling or draining.
- Green Beans – If you think green beans are boring, try this flavor packed recipe and be prepared to change your mind. This recipe has just enough garlic flavor and olive oil to make the green beans so tasty. I like to add in onions for delicious flavor.
- Broccoli and Cheese – Steam some broccoli and top with a delicious cheese sauce. The combination of the spices and topped with melt butter gives this side dish so much flavor.
- Gravy – This smooth and creamy gravy is a must when making this cube steak dinner. Whisk the flour mixture with milk in a frying pan is a must side dish.
- Cooking Steak – Do not over cook the steaks or they will get tough. The steaks cook for about 5 to 7 minutes. Cooking time will vary based on the steaks and your air fryer.
- Internal Temperature of the Steak – Use a meat thermometer to check the temperature of the steak. The temperature should reach 145 degrees before serving.
- Prepare Air Fryer – We recommend preheating your air fryer before placing the steaks in the air fryer basket.
- Single Layer – Do not overlap the cube steaks when adding to the basket. They need to be placed in a single layer.
- Rest Steaks – Before serving the steaks, allow them to rest for about 5 minutes. This helps to keep the steaks moist and tender.
- Cooking Spray – We do not recommend spraying cooking spray in the air fryer. The oil that you put on the steak will keep it from sticking to the basket.
- Seasoning – We used a simple seasoning to make these cube steaks. Feel free to add in paprika or a teaspoon of onion powder for added flavor. Make sure to add in salt and pepper when serving.
- Change the Meat – There are many cuts of meats that can be cooked in the air fryer. We have made chicken, sirloin steaks, and pork chops.
- Oven – You can even make cube steak by baking in the oven.
- Marinade – Feel free to marinade your steak in the refrigerator before cooking. This will enhance the flavor and the results are a delicious cut of steak.
How Long to Cook Cube Steak in Air Fryer:
Cooking cube steak in the air fryer takes about 5 to 7 minutes to cook. Make sure to use a meat thermometer to check steaks internal temperature. Cooking time may vary.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Before placing the steaks in the air fryer, we recommend bringing them to room temperature. Make sure to place steaks in a single layer which helps to cook the steaks evenly.
It will depend on your air fryer if you need to flip the steaks while cooking. We did not need to flip them in this recipe, but we do recommend it so steaks cook evenly.
If cooked properly and the right length of time, your steak will not dry out.
Print Recipe for Air Fryer Cube Steak:
Air Fryer Cube Steak
- Place the cube steaks on a plate. Rub the olive oil onto both sides of the cube steaks.
- In a small bowl, mix together the seasonings and sprinkle the seasoning mixture evenly on both sides of the steaks.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. If your air fryer does not have a preheat option, then run the air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
- Place the cube steaks in the air fryer in a single layer (you may need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer).
- Air fry at 30 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 minutes until the cube steaks have reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the steak from the air fryer. Let them rest for approximately 5 minutes and then the steaks are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe