Air fryer chicken nuggets are kid friendly and super easy. This meal goes from air fryer to table in under 15 minutes. You can’t get takeout in that amount of time!
Air fryer chicken nuggets
My kids love chicken nuggets and I was determined to find an easy way to make them at home. They can be picky so when they deemed this recipe a hit, I knew I had a winner. The secret to the crispy outside is the breadcrumbs.
The kids could not believe I made these in the air fryer. They turned out so good that even the adults loved the nuggets. I think I have discovered the secret to more meals at home and less trips to the drive-thru.
Not only will this save money but time as well. Plus, I guarantee they taste better too!
Tip: We love this air fryer. I suggest getting the larger size from the start. Usually people get the smaller size and then love cooking this way and wish they bought the larger one.
HOW TO BAKE CHICKEN NUGGETS IN AIR FRYER:
Cut up chicken breasts, dredge in butter and breadcrumbs and let the air fryer do the work. Dinner will be ready in less than 12 minutes!
If you need a quick and easy dinner, try this for a simple meal. Everyone will ask for this to be on the regular menu rotation!
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Italian Seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Butter (melted)
How to make air fryer chicken nuggets:
First, preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F. Now, some air fryers do not have an option to preheat. If yours does not, just set the air fryer to 390 degrees F and run for 5 minutes.
Second, trim the chicken and make sure the fat is cut off. Dice it into pieces that are about 1 inch.
Next, get a small bowl and combine the Italian seasoning, pepper, salt, breadcrumbs and grated parmesan cheese.
Once that breadcrumb mixture is combined, melt the butter in a separate bowl. I like to use shallow bowls for both the breadcrumb mixture and the butter. It makes it easier to dip and coat each piece of chicken.
Finally, dip the diced chicken in the butter and then dip in the panko parmesan breadcrumbs.
Now, it is time for the chicken to go in the air fryer. Make sure the chicken is in a single layer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may have to cook the chicken in multiple batches. This will vary with the amount of chicken nuggets you are cooking.
The chicken needs to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. This normally takes about 10-12 minutes.
Serve and enjoy.
- Ketchup – Homemade ketchup is easy.
- Barbecue sauce – I love this homemade bbq sauce.
- Ranch – Homemade Ranch Dressing
You can also take these in school lunches. Check out How to keep Chicken Nuggets warm in School Lunches.
What side dishes go with this?
- Air Fryer Tator Tots Recipe
- Oven baked sweet potato fries
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Parmesan Pasta – Easy 2 Ingredient Side Dish
- Quick and Easy Weeknight Macaroni and Cheese
We keep the side dish options just as quick and easy as the main dish.
Give it a try!
Homemade chicken nuggets take only 10 minutes and the outside is crispy while the inside is tender and delicious. The breadcrumb mixture makes these flavorful for a meal everyone will enjoy.
From quick lunches to weeknight dinners, this recipe is the one to try and always a crowd pleaser. Let us know how it turns out for you!
Once you try this, you will see why chicken nuggets aren’t just for the kids anymore.
Print this air fryer chicken nuggets recipe:
Air fryer chicken nuggets
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F. If your air fryer does not have a preheat option, then set the air fryer to 390 degrees F and run for 5 minutes.
- Cut the fat off the chicken and dice it into 1 inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the Italian seasoning, pepper, salt, breadcrumbs and grated parmesan cheese. Melt the butter in a separate bowl.
- Then dip each piece of chicken in the butter and then coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Put the coated chicken in a single layer in the air fryer. You may have to cook in multiple batches depending on how many chicken nuggets you are cooking.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes until the nuggets are crispy and the chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauces and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe