This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Chicken Pickle Juice Marinade makes chicken so tender with the perfect amount of twang. Each bite of pickle brine chicken is juicy and delicious.
What does soaking chicken in pickle juice do?
Chicken that has been soaked in pickle juice is really tender and juicy. It also gives it the perfect amount of twang.
You will be amazed at how tender the chicken is. Each bite is so delicious.
Will it have a strong dill pickle flavor?
No, the pickle flavor is not too strong. The pickle juice definitely gives the chicken a twang taste but it’s not overpowering.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Dill Pickle Juice (from a jar of pickles)
- Brown Sugar
- Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
How to make chicken pickle juice marinade:
- Step 1. Combine the ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except for the chicken.
- Step 2. Add the chicken to the marinade. Use tongs to place the chicken in the bowl with the marinade.
- Step 3. Refrigerate. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
How to grill the pickle juice chicken:
- Step 1. Prepare the grill. Start by preheating the grill over medium-high heat to 350 degrees. Gently brush the grates of the grill with the oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Step 2. Cook the chicken. Place the chicken on the grill. Cook for 5-7 minutes per side using high heat until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Step 3. Allow to rest. Then remove the chicken from the grill, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Then slice and enjoy.
We love to cook the sides on the grill as well. It keeps the kitchen cool and clean up super easy. This chicken is delicious and pairs nicely with many side dishes. These are just a few of our favorites.
You can also serve with pickles to complete the meal. It is so delicious.
How long to marinade chicken in pickle juice?
The chicken should marinate for at least 4 hours but overnight is best. However, do not marinate chicken for more than 24 hours. The texture of the chicken may change.
It really is very simple to learn how to marinate chicken in pickle juice.
How to know when chicken is done
We use an instant-read meat thermometer to make sure that the chicken is cooked to a safe temperature before eating. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken.
The internal temperature for chicken is 165 degrees when fully cooked and ready to enjoy. I highly recommend investing in a meat thermometer. They are inexpensive and make it easier to accurately determine if the chicken is cooked.
How to store:
Refrigerate the leftover chicken in an airtight container for up to 5 days. We like to portion it into individual containers to make it easier to grab for a quick lunch or dinner.
You will be less tempted to grab takeout with these readily available for you.
Can you freeze?
Yes, you can freeze the chicken pickle juice marinade. Simply, freeze the chicken with the marinade in a freezer bag.
When ready to cook, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then grill as normal. This is so perfect for meal planning and to save time during busy weeks.
You might even want to make one batch for now and one for the freezer. It isn’t anymore work and will save time later. This will be perfect to pull out during busy weeks when you need something tasty but really easy.
Tips and Suggestions:
- Pat dry the chicken. Use paper towels to remove any excess moisture from the chicken before placing in the pickle juice chicken marinade.
- Other cuts of chicken. Instead of boneless chicken breast, try using chicken thighs or chicken tender. This brine is also great with a fried chicken recipe.
- Cayenne Pepper. You can use cayenne pepper instead of red pepper flakes if you prefer.
- Add more Seasonings. This recipe is great as-is, but you can add more seasonings like paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Change the Cooking method. We grilled this recipe, but you can bake in the oven on a baking sheet, or cook in an air fryer.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is not recommended to leave chicken in the pickle juice for longer than 24 hours. We prefer no longer than 6 to 8 hours.
Yes! You can actually freeze the chicken in the pickle juice. Place both in a freezer bag. Then Freeze. When ready to use, thaw in the fridge and the chicken is marinating while it is thawing.
Since pickle juice has a high salt content, it can last for a long time. The general recommendation is to use refrigerated pickle juice within 3 months of opening.
Everyone will enjoy the tasty flavor pickle chicken. It leaves each piece of chicken juicy and tender. The chicken is so flavorful and absolutely delicious.
It is mild and even my non pickle loving family members enjoy this recipe. You definitely want to make this chicken for the best dinner. Everyone will go crazy over it.
Print this Chicken pickle juice marinade recipe:
Chicken Pickle Juice Marinade
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except for the chicken.
- Use tongs to place the chicken in the bowl with the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Then preheat the grill to 350 degrees F. Gently brush the grates of the grill with the oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Place the chicken on the grill. Cook for 5-7 minutes per size until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Then remove the chicken from the grill, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Then it’s ready to slice and enjoy.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More chicken marinades:
- Greek Chicken Marinade
- Easy Italian Chicken Marinade
- Taco Chicken Marinade
- The Best Chicken Marinade Recipe