This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Anytime we need an easy but delicious meal, I make Italian chicken marinade. The chicken turns out so tender. Grill or bake this and dinner is ready in minutes!
Italian chicken marinade makes dinner easy!
No need to complicate dinner when you can make this simple meal that everyone will enjoy. You only need Italian salad dressing and the chicken of your choice.
We used boneless skinless chicken breasts but other types of chicken will work. Chicken thighs, chicken legs and chicken tenderloin also make great options.
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Italian Salad dressing
That is all! Now I do like to sprinkle the chicken with garlic salt and pepper but that is optional. If you like a little extra heat, try adding red pepper flakes too.
How to make Italian dressing chicken marinade:
1. First, put the chicken in a gallon size ziplock bag. You can use a container if you don’t have a bag but I prefer to use a bag so I can just throw away once finished. I use these hands free holders to hold the bag while filling and it is like having another set of hands!
2. Next, pour the Italian dressing over the chicken. Seal the ziplock bag if using and give it a good shake to make sure each piece is coated well. Put in the fridge to marinade before cooking. The longer the better.
3. Finally, grill or bake the chicken. Always make sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
How long should you marinate chicken?
I suggest a minimum of 4 hours to let the flavors blend. However, overnight is best.
Normally, I will put everything in the bag right before I go to bed and then it is ready to go the next day. This is so easy and saves a bunch of time.
Tip: However, if you are short on time (0r forgot to plan like we do), then just grill the chicken half way, and use a basting brush to brush and glaze the chicken with the Italian dressing. You will still get the deliciousness without the marinating time.
What to serve with Italian chicken:
Make sure you add our grilled vegetable packets, grilled corn recipe and our Foil Pack Grilled Potatoes to complete your meal. It is so nice to have everything on the grill and not have to worry about extra dishes.
Another easy idea is a simple salad. You can’t ever go wrong with salad and some fresh veggies!
If you decide to bake the chicken in the oven, just put the foil pack of potatoes and veggies in the oven too. You will still have very little clean up and a super easy meal. Sounds like a winner to me for busy weeknights and your family can still enjoy a great meal.
Give it a try and let us know how it turns out for you.
Try this budget friendly meal!
I stock up on chicken when it goes on sale and put it in the freezer. Also, if I spot salad dressing on sale, I grab that too. These two items combined make for an inexpensive, easy and tasty meal.
We really do prefer to grill this chicken but you could broil it or even toss in the crockpot for an easy dinner. Grilling it is oh so tasty for a quick Summer meal.
This is one meal everyone in our family enjoys. We make this frequently because it is really so easy and always a big hit.
Print this Italian dressing chicken marinade below:
Easy Italian Chicken Marinade
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Italian Salad dressing
- 1 tsp pepper
- Place the chicken in a storage bag or container.
- Cover the chicken with the Italian dressing and season with the pepper.
- Marinade for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator but I recommend marinading overnight.
- Grill or broil your chicken. You can easily double or triple this recipe.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More grilled chicken marinades:
- Taco Chicken Marinade
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Chicken Pickle Juice Marinade
- BBQ Ranch Grilled Chicken Marinade
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Recipe
- Best BBQ Chicken Marinade Recipe
- The Best Chicken Marinade Recipe