We are firing up the grill much more often and this Easy Grilled BBQ Ranch Chicken Recipe is a family favorite. The marinade is so easy to make and gives the chicken the best flavor.
Easy Barbecue Grilled Ranch Chicken Recipe:
This BBQ Grilled Ranch Chicken Recipe is so flavorful and only requires 3 ingredients. Combining BBQ Sauce and Ranch is surprisingly so good. These two ingredients combined make the best marinade and dipping sauce for chicken.
When we are preparing the chicken for the grill, I like to marinade the chicken in this ranch and BBQ overnight. Marinading the chicken overnight really maximize the flavor of the chicken.
Once you grilled this chicken it can be used in many different ways. Slice the chicken and serve over rice, make a quesadilla or dice it over a salad. Try the easy staple ingredient marinade the next time you are grilling chicken.
How do I Make BBQ Sauce for Chicken:
Making Homemade BBQ Sauce is easy to do. You can easily adjust this basic easy recipe. Depending on if you prefer a more vinegary based sauce, a good sweet sauce, or a kickin’ spicy sauce.
It is such a simple and easy base recipe that everyone will love. This recipe only requires a few ingredients and you can have Homemade barbecue sauce right at your fingertips.
Ingredients for Barbecue Ranch Chicken
You just need chicken and 2 ingredients. It is super easy to make.
- BBQ sauce
- Ranch salad dressing
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
How to Make BBQ Chicken:
- Prepare the Marinade – Just mix together the BBQ sauce and ranch.
- Allow Chicken to Marinate – Make sure to marinade the chicken overnight. You can do this for less time but we prefer overnight to really get the best flavor.
- Grill Chicken – Grill and enjoy this is such a quick dinner idea. The chicken takes 20 minutes or less to cook on the grill. Make sure to oil the grill grates with olive oil to prevent chicken from sticking.
How Long to Grill Chicken:
The cook times will vary based on the size of the chicken. Make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken is cooked to the correct internal temperature.
When preparing your chicken for grilling, you want to make sure that each chicken breast about the same size. You may have need to filet you chicken or pound it to thin it out.
Grilling chicken doesn’t take long to cook. My husband usually stays close by the grill so he can monitor it. Flipping the chicken after cooking about 5 minutes on each side makes for the juiciest chicken.
2 Ingredient Marinade Tips:
- BBQ Sauce – You can make your own barbecue sauce with simple ingredients. This way you make it spicey or change the flavor to what you like.
- Ranch Seasoning Mix – Use ranch seasoning mix instead of ranch dressing.
- Mix Completely – Make sure that ingredients are mix together completely.
How to Use Leftover Grilled Chicken:
If you are going to fire up the grill, go ahead and cook extra chicken. My family loves leftover grilled chicken because there are many ways to use them in different meals for my family.
These are some of our favorites to use Leftover Grilled Chicken:
- Mix in your favorite pasta recipe
- Shred the chicken and make BBQ Sandwiches
- Make BBQ Chicken Enchiladas
- Dice chicken and make chicken quesadillas
How to Make BBQ Ranch Chicken in the Crockpot:
Cooking meals in the crock pot is one my favorite ways to make this BBQ Ranch Chicken. It is just as simple and the perfect way especially if your chicken is frozen.
Sometimes the weather is not good for grilling and the crock pot to the rescue. There have also been days where we just needed to be able to come home to dinner ready and waiting.
The chicken is so versatile and amazing in the slow cooker. You can enjoy this chicken any day of the week with so many great options.
Grilled Chicken Tips:
- Hot Grill – Make sure your grill is hot. Cooking chicken on a hot grill helps to keep them juicy.
- Same Size Chicken – When preparing your chicken, make sure that they are all even thickness. This makes sure they are evenly cooked.
- Allow Chicken to rest – After chicken is done cooking, make sure you allow chicken to rest. This locks in the juices and the flavoring. Use a meat thermometer to ensure chicken is thoroughly cook instead of slicing chicken.
What to serve with Grilled Chicken
- The Best Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Baked Beans Recipe
- Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe
- See Best Grilled Chicken Sides for more side dishes.
How to Store:
- Make ahead of time – You can marinate chicken with the BBQ and Ranch mixture. Then place in the refrigerator up to 24 hours.
- Storing Leftovers – Store any leftover chicken in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
- Using Leftovers – Use your leftover over chicken in wraps, salads, or with some brown rice. Leftover of chicken make the perfect lunch the next day or a weeknight dinner.
Print this Easy Grilled BBQ Ranch Chicken Recipe below:
BBQ Ranch grilled chicken marinade
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup Ranch salad dressing
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine BBQ and Ranch in mix together.
- Marinade in 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken overnight. You can do less, but we like overnight.
- Grill the chicken until done (about 20 minutes).
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
How long would you cook this in the crockpot for?