I can’t believe it is back to school time. I thought I would be fun to give you 30 days of easy lunch ideas for kids. Today is day 1 and I’m sharing this bbq chicken quesadillas recipe that the kids are going to love.
Today I wanted to show you how we make some fun BBQ chicken quesadillas using leftovers. The kids won’t even realize they they are eating leftovers at all and it definitely beats eating a sandwich every single day.
Don’t these look delicious?
Ingredients you need to make this:
- Leftover BBQ shredded chicken
- shredded cheddar cheese
Easy bbq chicken quesadillas recipe:
1.First you will want to make your family a delicious crock pot dinner. These are very easy to make and we usually have left overs. The chicken is super delicious and the entire family loves it.
Save the left overs.
2. Heat up an electric griddle. You will be able to make a few quesadills on an electric skillet at one time which makes life so much easier if you have several kids. Place down one tortillas and spread out your left over bbq shredded chicken. Top with some shredded cheddar cheese. Top with one more tortillas
3. Het up and once the tortilla begins to brown, flip it over
4. Continue cooking until it is brown and cheese has melted. Remove from griddle and allow it to cool slightly. Cut into quarters and place in the lunch. We love these easy lunchboxes. In the picture, we used a cheaper version but I have switched to the name brand easy lunchboxes. They are worth the increase in price. They hold much much better, and they are much more sturdier.
Complete this easy lunch ideas for kids:
2. BBQ sauce for dipping (optional) – I just bought these mini dippers because they fit better in the lunchbox
2. Fresh fruit – we did watermelon but any kind will do
3. A side – we did Gold Fish Crackers, but you could do chips, more fruit, carrots, or pretzels or even yogurt!