We love Mexican food around here. A family favorite is Crockpot Chicken Quesadilla Recipe. The chicken is so tender that it falls apart. Plus, it’s packed with flavor. I love how easy it is using the crockpot. It’s the perfect recipe for busy nights.
Crockpot Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
This recipe is incredibly simple! Just throw all your ingredients in the crockpot and let the chicken cook all day. When you come home, all that you will need to do is shred the chicken and make each quesadilla. It’s so fast and the entire family enjoys this recipe. I love knowing the bulk of the work is done and I can get dinner on the table fast.
Another favorite recipe is Crock Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos Recipe. Only 3 ingredients and you are done! You could also use the leftovers from Crockpot Chicken Quesadilla Recipe for tacos later in the week. I have even froze the leftovers and taken them out later for quesadilla’s or tacos. This is such a time saver for this delicious recipe.
What goes well with chicken quesadillas?
This is yummy served with Spanish Rice. Did you know you can also freeze rice? I love making a double batch and putting some in the freezer. It’s so nice to be able to just take this out of the freezer. I also freeze onions to use in recipes. I’m all about making life easier. 🙂
Now this is totally optional but my kids love when I make The Best Mexican White Cheese Dip Recipe. They like to eat this with some tortilla chips. Some of the kids even like to pour a little on their chicken quesadilla. Yum!
How do you cook chicken to be shredded?
My favorite way is to cook chicken in the crockpot. It takes so little work and it’s very easy to shred once the chicken is finished cooking.
If you don’t have a crock pot yet, here are some nice ones on sale. I love the programmable crock pot for when you are not at home. It’s great so that you can have it cook for the perfect amount of time. I love coming home to dinner waiting!
Money Saving tip for Chicken quesadilla recipe:
Add beans into this recipe to stretch the chicken mixture. It will feel you up and make this recipe go further. You can also put rice in the mixture to really stretch the meal. Spanish rice is really delicious. I usually keep rice in the freezer. This is very handy if extra guests show up or you have some of the kid’s friends over you didn’t expect. Just grab that rice out of the freezer and add to the chicken mixture and you will have enough to feed everyone! Another money saving tip is to use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Or you can use a little of both.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Chicken Quesadilla Recipe:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken Breasts frozen (You can also use chicken thighs or mix thighs in with the chicken breasts)
- 1 can of dice tomatoes with green chilis
- ½ packet of taco seasoning (Or make Homemade Seasoning and use 2 Tablespoon)
- ½ onion chopped (I use the onions I froze)
- Flour Tortillas
- Monterrey Jack Cheese
Tip: It’s so simple to make your own homemade taco seasoning recipe. It is very easy to make and you will know exactly everything in your seasoning.
How to make chicken quesadillas:
2. Shred the chicken pieces and stir.
3. Heat up a large skillet or a griddle to medium high heat. Place down one flour tortilla. Top with the cheese and the chicken mixture.
4. Place another flour tortilla on top. Cook for about 2 minutes per side until they are golden brown. Continue doing this.
Enjoy! It is that simple and that easy to make delicious chicken and cheese quesadillas!
Cut into wedges and enjoy.
How do you make a quesadilla?
We like to serve it with sour cream and salsa. Sometimes, I will set out a bunch of different toppings and everyone can just get what they like. Some of our other favorites include: green onion, pico de gallo and homemade cheese dip.
Another easy meal idea is this Crockpot Chicken Ranch Tacos Recipe. Only 4 ingredients needed!
Print this Easy Chicken Quesadilla Recipe below:
Crockpot Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis (10 oz)
- 2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning (½ packet of Taco Seasoning)
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 6 Flour Tortillas (Burrito Size)
- 2 cups Monterrey Jack Cheese (shredded)
- Place chicken, tomatoes, taco seasoning and onions in the crockpot. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or high 3 to 4 hours. Shred the chicken and stir.
- Spoon mixture onto flour tortilla.
- Top with the Monterey Jack cheese. Fold in half.
- Cook on a heated griddle for a few minutes until it begins to brown. Flip.
- Continue until all the quesadillas are prepared.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
You will love Mexican chicken quesadilla!
This is the best chicken quesadilla! They are so good. It’s such an easy recipe!
Crock Pot Chicken Florentine Recipe is a delicious dinner idea full of the most decadent and creamy sauce. Lots of cheese, spinach and more come together for a chicken crock pot meal your family will go crazy over.
Each bite of Slow Cooker Chili Lime Chicken Thighs Recipe is bursting with delicious lime flavor for another meal that your family will love.
Get dinner on the table fast with this Homemade Hamburger Helper Recipe that taste amazing and everyone will enjoy.
Be sure to check out all of our delicious Crock Pot Recipes here.
Crockpot Pizza Chicken is another recipe that your family is going to request over and over!! It’s tasty and delicious and even the pickiest of eaters love this easy meal!
If you are looking for a one pot meal that your family will go crazy over, try this Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing.
Try Crockpot Cowboy Casserole for a delicious meal in the slow cooker that is packed with flavorful ground beef, hearty beans, cheese and more!
Check out these other delicious slow cooker recipes:
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker: Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe
- Sweet Glazed Carrots – Kid Friendly Crock pot Carrots recipe!
- Crock pot Ranch Pork Chops
- Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe
- The Best Crock Pot Roast Recipe
- Crock pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- The Best Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe – only 3 ingredients