This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If you love making quesadillas as much as my family, than this Cheeseburger Quesadillas is for you. Take a flour tortilla a fill with your favorite cheeseburger ingredients.
Easy Cheeseburger Quesadilla Recipe:
Quesadillas are a staple lunch or easy dinner idea. You can fill a flour tortilla with cheese, meat and more. But this cheeseburger quesadilla has become a fast family favorite.
It is all your favorite cheeseburger ingredients all cooked inside a flour tortilla. So if you love burgers as much as we do, then you are going to love this quesadillas recipe.
These quesadilla is simple to make with easy ingredients. Making this quesadilla for a quick lunch saves me time and money. Add your favorite sides to complete a delicious meal idea.
For the Quesadillas:
- Ground Beef
- Black Pepper
- Dill Pickles (chopped)
- Burrito Size Tortillas 10 inch tortillas
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese shredded
For the Special Sauce:
- Minced Pickles
- Minced Onion
- White Vinegar
How to Make Cheeseburger Quesadillas:
- Step 1 – Cook Beef Mixture – Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook until no longer pink and browned. Season with the salt and pepper and drain off the excess grease.
- Step 2 – Stir Ingredients – Stir together all the special sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Step 3 – Heat Skillet – Heat a separate skillet or griddle over medium high heat.
- Step 4 – Add Tortilla – Place a tortilla in the skillet or griddle. Spread the special sauce on 1 half of the tortilla.
- Step 5 – Add Ingredients – Top with the ground beef and cheese. Then add on chopped pickles and any other toppings. Fold the tortilla in half.
- Step 6 – Cook Quesadilla – Cook until the bottom of the quesadilla is golden brown (2-3 minutes). Flip and cook until the opposite side is also golden brown (2-3 more minutes) and the cheese is melted.
- Step 7 – Remove – Remove from the skillet to a separate plate.
- Step 8 – Continue Cooking – Follow the same process with the remaining tortillas and ingredients to form 3 more quesadillas.
- Step 9 – Cut each quesadilla – Slice each quesadilla into 4 pieces. Serve warm and enjoy!
Substitutions and Additions:
- Change the Meat – In this recipe you can easily use ground turkey. I have even did half ground turkey and half ground beef.
- Cheese – We used cheddar cheese in this recipe, but you can easily use different types of cheeses. Monterey Jack Cheese or pepper jack cheese is a great addition to this recipe.
- Seasoning – We used simple seasoning to cook the ground beef and make the special burger sauce. Change the flavor by adding in garlic powder, onion powder or any seasoning you prefer. You can even add in tablespoons worcestershire sauce.
- Tortilla – We used a regular flour tortilla but you can choose to use a low carb or other option. We like using a large burrito size tortilla, but you can use any size.
- Vegetables – This is a great recipe to sneak in veggies. You can add in diced onion, tomatoes or peppers.
- Cooking Quesadilla – Cook the quesadilla until the tortilla golden brown and cheese is melted. Allow the quesadilla to cook on a skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Combining Sauce Ingredients – Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. We have added in yellow mustard as I like my hamburger topped with ketchup and mustard.
- Flipping the Quesadilla – Carefully flip the quesadilla so both sides cook until they are golden brown. Make sure the filling does not fall out while flipping. You may need to cut quesadilla to easily flip it.
- Serving – This quesadilla recipe can be served with many different side dishes. Roast vegetables, side salad or pasta salad are great traditional sides.
- Other Ways to cook – We like preparing these quesadilla on a skillet. But you can also prepare in the oven by placing on a baking dish. You can even cook in the air fryer. You will just need to make sure top flip the quesadilla to cook both sides.
Quesadilla Topping Ideas:
These quesadilla can be served with many different toppings. We like to serve with traditional cheeseburger toppings because of the quesadilla fillings. These are some of our favorites.
- Sour Cream
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days.
Print Recipe for Cheeseburger Quesadillas:
For the Quesadillas:
For the Special Sauce:
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Pickles
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Onion
- 2 Teaspoons White Vinegar
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat until no longer pink and browned. Season with the salt and pepper and drain off the excess grease.
- Stir together all the special sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Heat a separate skillet or griddle over medium high heat.
- Place a tortilla in the skillet or griddle. Spread the special sauce on 1 half of the tortilla.
- Top with the ground beef, chopped pickles and shredded cheddar cheese. Fold the tortilla in half.
- Cook until the bottom of the quesadilla is golden brown (2-3 minutes). Flip and cook until the opposite side is also golden brown (2-3 more minutes) and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the skillet to a separate plate.
- Follow the same process with the remaining ingredients to form 3 more quesadillas.
- Slice each quesadilla into 4 pieces. Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe