This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Make Air Fryer Chicken Quesadilla for a quick lunch or weeknight dinner idea. Use leftover chicken, cheese and taco seasoning to create the ultimate air fryer quesadillas.
Making Air Fryer Recipes have been a game changer for my family. All my kids can use it to make breakfast, desserts and heat up frozen foods. These chicken quesadillas make for the perfect after school snack.
Table of Contents
- Why We Love this Recipe:
- Substitutions and Additions:
- How to Make Chicken Quesadillas in Air Fryer:
- How Long Should I Put my Quesadilla in the Air Fryer:
- Toppings for Air Fryer Chicken Quesadillas:
- Recipe Tips:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- More Easy Chicken Quesadilla Recipes:
- Air Fryer Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
Why We Love this Recipe:
This chicken quesadillas are the perfect way to use leftover chicken for a quick and deliciousness meal. Quesadillas are a great meal because I can easily add in different types of veggies and cheeses.
The tortilla still has a crispy texture with melty cheese center. If you are looking for a simple meal the whole family will love, make these chicken quesadillas.
- Shredded Cooked Chicken
- Taco Seasoning
- Mexican Shredded Cheese
- Flour Tortillas (medium size)
Scroll to the bottom to see the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Cheese – You can easily use your favorite type of cheeses in this quesadilla recipe. Use your favorite. Our suggestions are Monterey Jack Cheese, Mexican Cheese Blend, Mild Cheddar Cheese and Mozzarella Cheese. You can even use a combination of two or three.
- Chicken – You can use shredded rotisserie chicken or pre-made shredded chicken for this recipe. Feel free to make this recipe with ground beef or shredded pork.
- Tortillas – We used flour tortillas for this recipe. But you can also use corn tortillas, or tortillas that meets your diet restrictions.
- Vegetables – Add your favorite vegetables to this quesadillas. We have added bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions.
- Taco Seasoning – We used homemade taco seasoning on this recipe. But you can also use a packet from the store. You can add seasoning for the flavor your desire.
How to Make Chicken Quesadillas in Air Fryer:
Step 1 – In a mixing bowl, stir together the cooked shredded chicken, taco seasoning and salsa until combined.
Step 2 – Assemble the quesadillas by laying a tortilla on a clean work surface. Spread approximately ¼ of the chicken mixture on one side of the tortilla. Then top with ½ cup of the shredded cheese. Fold, place in the air fryer and air fry.
How Long Should I Put my Quesadilla in the Air Fryer:
Cooking the quesadilla in the air fryer does not take long. Especially if you preheat the air fryer prior to placing the quesadilla in the air fryer basket.
The air fryer cooks the quesadilla for about 3 minutes on each side. This allows for both sides of the quesadilla to be crispy.
Toppings for Air Fryer Chicken Quesadillas:
These chicken quesadillas can be topped with many different ingredients. These are some of my favorite toppings.
- Sour Cream
- Preheat Air Fryer – We recommend before placing the quesadillas in the air fryer that air fryer be pre-heated. If your air fryer does not have this option, just heat the air fryer for about 5 minutes.
- Spray Air Fryer Basket – Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray to prevent the quesadilla from sticking.
- Spreading the Mixture – Make sure to not overfill the tortilla with the mixture. This will prevent the filling from coming out when cooking in the air fryer.
- Cheese – We recommend shredding your the cheese yourself. Pre-shredded cheese has added ingredients and it doesn’t melt as easily. We recommend using different types of cheese blend for the best flavor.
- Cooking the Quesadillas – Place the quesadillas in the air fryer one at time or depending how big your air fryer is. You may need to secure it with a toothpick to prevent the tortilla from unfolding. You will need to flip the quesadilla half way through the cooking time.
- Prepare Chicken – If you prefer, you can prepare your chicken ahead of time. This will make for a quick and easy meal during the week.
Frequently Asked Questions:
These are best served fresh but you can refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
There is no need to defrost if you freeze the leftovers. Place the frozen quesadillas in the air fryer and heat for about 8 minutes.
Set the air fryer temperature to 370 degrees.
You can easily shred cooked chicken with forks. But we recommend shredding chicken with a stand mixer. It will save you time and the chicken shreds perfectly.
Quesadillas can be made with one or two tortillas. We usually use one tortilla as it fits perfectly in the air fryer. But it will also depend on the size of tortilla that you use.
More Easy Chicken Quesadilla Recipes:
- Easy BBQ Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
- Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
Leave a comment or a star review if you try this Air Fryer Chicken Quesadilla Recipe.
Air Fryer Chicken Quesadilla
- 2 cups Shredded Cooked Chicken
- 2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 2 cups Mexican Shredded Cheese
- 4 Flour Tortillas medium size
- Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and run the basket with olive oil. If your air fryer does not have a pre-heat option, then run the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the cooked shredded chicken, taco seasoning and salsa until combined.
- Then assemble the quesadillas. Lay a tortilla on a clean work surface. Spread approximately ¼ of the chicken mixture on one side of the tortilla and top with ½ cup of the shredded cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half and secure the tortilla in place with toothpicks to keep the quesadilla closed while cooking.
- Continue this process until all the quesadillas are assembled.
- Place the quesadillas in the air fryer in a single layer. You may need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook the quesadillas in the air fryer for 6 minutes, flipping the quesadillas halfway through the cook time.
- Remove the quesadillas onto a cutting board. Carefully remove the toothpicks. Slice them and then they are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe